Things that please me - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

My 15 year old daughter who runs her own cake making business just did a weeks work experience at the local bakery. Today she found out that the owner has paid for a year’s subscription to a cake decorating and recipe site as a thank you to her. There really are some nice people around.

Puzzle cake for your next birthday 🍰 😂.

For the first time in over 12 months I made gravy from scratch last night (lamb roast).
Guests found it very impressive. And yes, the rosemary was stolen as nobody should ever pay for it.

Work colleague having a Dennis Denuto moment with the printer

the-castle-dennis-denuto.gif

Work colleague having a Dennis Denuto moment with the printer

the-castle-dennis-denuto.gif

This is from a previous job & smallish office so if the printer needed a new cartridge then you did it - don't just leave it

We had a couple of laser printers & most were used to the idea of shaking the new cartridge before use (or try it with an old one for a bit more use) - the warning came up one day to replace the waste toner box and the person replacing it must have thought they could shake it also...

Glad I wasn't cleaning up

That's from the Homerpalooza episode where Homer met The Smashing Pumpkins back when them and The Simpsons were cool.

Now Billy Corgan is as bald as Homer but The Smashing Pumpkins are still cool unlike The Simpsons who have jumped the shark.

That's from the Homerpalooza episode where Homer met The Smashing Pumpkins back when them and The Simpsons were cool.

Now Billy Corgan is as bald as Homer but The Smashing Pumpkins are still cool unlike The Simpsons who have jumped the shark.

By dumb luck I stumbled upon a Billy Corgan solo acoustic set when I was in Austin a few years ago. The set was great, the support (Liz Phair!) very good, the beer selection terrible.

Alec Baldwin has had his court case dismissed and the prosecutor has resigned after it was revealed in the trial that the prosecution withheld evidence that would have proved his innocence.
The prosecution seemed to think that they were dealing with a public defender straight out of law school defending some poor kid rather than a bank of high powered lawyers withholding evidence like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Things that please me - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back