Things that please me - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a slippery slope

2019View attachment 2075687

View attachment 2075688

View attachment 2075689

Scary part is I went out to the Boxing Day sales after last year and added another few hundred $$$ worth for this coming Christmas.

No idea how I'm going to fit it all in, but fit it in I shall!

Over The Post I need professional help

An electrician specifically
i started a few years ago, have to replace other inflatables that have worn out, I'm going all out this with bigger blow ups and more lights this year, told the wife i brought this and she just rolled her eyes, when i started 4 years ago, i was the only house in the street that did decorations, last year had another 6 houses doing it, hopefully more this year

unknown sense of humour
confused-jaguarsfan.gif

i started a few years ago, have to replace other inflatables that have worn out, I'm going all out this with bigger blow ups and more lights this year, told the wife i brought this and she just rolled her eyes, when i started 4 years ago, i was the only house in the street that did decorations, last year had another 6 houses doing it, hopefully more this year
You can buy replacement fans\motors for the inflatables if you have one you really like.

Best tip for me is use connectable sets wherever possible.
My homemade fence originally have 3 separate strands, now made up with 5 connectable sets on the 'large' side, 3 on the 'short' die. Saves 6 power points.

Also added another 5 sets of connectibles (after pic was taken) on the lawn for extra 'depth' in between the infaltables and santas sleigh

Used tent poles and crossbars to create extra room in the courtyard section to elevate extra lighting. Added a couple of lantern brackets last year to add 2 more fireworks style lights above the large Merry Christmas light.

1723427464429.jpeg

Took around 2 weeks all together with a few days of preassembly on the larger pieces.

Also, if you are a Costco member, they always have some bigger stuff (not cheap but feature pieces)
All of the below from Costco, Nativity and Lantern added 5 years ago, 7' snowman on his 4th christmas last year, the large tree on its second.

Lantern (newer style, looks almost the same already in at Costco for this year)

1723427493285.jpeg
1723427512224.jpeg
1723427526191.jpeg

My prize for finishing 2nd in my CrossFit comp on the weekend included a $100 gift voucher to buy some of these bad boys.

My prize for finishing 2nd in my CrossFit comp on the weekend included a $100 gift voucher to buy some of these bad boys.

Pics or gtfo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can buy replacement fans\motors for the inflatables if you have one you really like.

Best tip for me is use connectable sets wherever possible.
My homemade fence originally have 3 separate strands, now made up with 5 connectable sets on the 'large' side, 3 on the 'short' die. Saves 6 power points.

Also added another 5 sets of connectibles (after pic was taken) on the lawn for extra 'depth' in between the infaltables and santas sleigh

Used tent poles and crossbars to create extra room in the courtyard section to elevate extra lighting. Added a couple of lantern brackets last year to add 2 more fireworks style lights above the large Merry Christmas light.

View attachment 2076995

Took around 2 weeks all together with a few days of preassembly on the larger pieces.

Also, if you are a Costco member, they always have some bigger stuff (not cheap but feature pieces)
All of the below from Costco, Nativity and Lantern added 5 years ago, 7' snowman on his 4th christmas last year, the large tree on its second.

Lantern (newer style, looks almost the same already in at Costco for this year)

View attachment 2076996
View attachment 2076997
View attachment 2076998

wish I had the space like you do, the inflatables had been sun damaged and ripped when I packed them up after Christmas, so i thought time for new ones, I brought the lantern last week from Costco, well the wife wanted it for inside, but that could be going outside, at 7ft too its big for inside, you have given me ideas now after looking at your pics

wish I had the space like you do, the inflatables had been sun damaged and ripped when I packed them up after Christmas, so i thought time for new ones, I brought the lantern last week from Costco, well the wife wanted it for inside, but that could be going outside, at 7ft too its big for inside, you have given me ideas now after looking at your pics
Biggest problem I had was not having a front fence.

Mrs was panicking as we used to get people walking up the lawn to the bedroom windows to take pictures of their kids with decos.

Bought some 1M white pvc poles, red fabric tape and hooks. Spray painted several solar lanterns to red (used trimmed pool noodle inside PVC pipe to hold steady and added a big red ribbon to each pole to complete.

Small star peg in ground, slide 'candy cane' poles over star peg and string lights to hooks on back.

Instant front fence and decorative day & night too!

Same with the courtyard fence, xlarge ribbons on posts, garland strands were from kmart adds some daytime bling

1723507979510.jpeg 1723508006437.jpeg

1723508075722.jpeg

Could also use these to add to a pathway to the front door if needed.

Thinking of masking some timber 'gift boxes' this year to cover (hide) the power boards and cords.
Currently using plastic tubs I've added cut outs for cords to go into (not the best look aesthetically)

This facebook group also good viewing for ideas and seeing other peoples setups.

1723508564477.png

Hope the weather clears up by then :(
yeh should be perfect, like the slogan!

friday forecast 24 and 20% of <1mm
saturday forecast 27 and just 5% of <1mm
and sunday 24 and 5% of <1mm

you going? i went last year, caught 777 bus from palmie to broadbeach and then walked to beach and walked along beach from broady to surfers
afterwards, tram back to broady and bus again

free entertainment, take some water

Biggest problem I had was not having a front fence.

Mrs was panicking as we used to get people walking up the lawn to the bedroom windows to take pictures of their kids with decos.

Bought some 1M white pvc poles, red fabric tape and hooks. Spray painted several solar lanterns to red (used trimmed pool noodle inside PVC pipe to hold steady and added a big red ribbon to each pole to complete.

Small star peg in ground, slide 'candy cane' poles over star peg and string lights to hooks on back.

Instant front fence and decorative day & night too!

Same with the courtyard fence, xlarge ribbons on posts, garland strands were from kmart adds some daytime bling

View attachment 2077864View attachment 2077865

View attachment 2077866

Could also use these to add to a pathway to the front door if needed.

Thinking of masking some timber 'gift boxes' this year to cover (hide) the power boards and cords.
Currently using plastic tubs I've added cut outs for cords to go into (not the best look aesthetically)

Nice, loving all the Christmas lights photos.

I put up a few solar light path lights to create a bit of a barrier along the front of the property. I have a nice LED fence that I use to put around the nativity set to keep it seperate and provide some light.

I’ve accumulated over the years and tossed a lot, the interconnectable rope lights one of the few things that remained durable. Although got 1-2 that have large patches of non working lights that I throw on the edge of the driveway for a little extra lighting.

My problem was I was the only one who decorated in our court, but our next door neighbour loved it, as do the kids. Last year I moved on to a main road and was a bit worried as my grandparents had their solar lights stolen years ago.

But after I put up one thing then another then another then went all out. This year I’ve got a good foundation but overdue to buying some new lights. I really like the reindeer that move, but they’ve gotten so expensive. But still got a couple which have survived over the years.

My buying last year started with the inflatable magpie after we won the flag…Need to put the lights along the house up better this year, but they’re still up now as CBF taking down and they add some much needed light.

IMG_3982.jpeg

yeh should be perfect, like the slogan!

friday forecast 24 and 20% of <1mm
saturday forecast 27 and just 5% of <1mm
and sunday 24 and 5% of <1mm

you going? i went last year, caught 777 bus from palmie to broadbeach and then walked to beach and walked along beach from broady to surfers
afterwards, tram back to broady and bus again

free entertainment, take some water
Where is it centred? Would you be able to watch from further south?

Remove this Banner Ad

Things that please me - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back