Things that please me - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Why was I (presumably) the only male to realise Mebby was talking about a shop?
I'm a Sephora boy myself

Curb Your Enthusiasm Reaction GIF

Why was I (presumably) the only male to realise Mebby was talking about a shop?
I knew what she was talking about because I am able to distinguish the boundary tones that dictate the grammatical function of homonyms in coda position, as well as pragmatic context.

+1 for Anko

Sephora doesn’t give service the way Mecca does. Mecca 4eva
we've had a bad experience with Mecca ordering online and dealing with their customer service over it

imagining some dept store where you still walk around in circles, are dying to sit down, get sick of crowds, are under glare, get lost, it’s probably an epic pilgrimage away from the mall parking with many side-quest temptations and distractions, and you swear it’s a one-off and never again, hereafter interfacing from afar

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had to go to Mecka to get my wife's bday present last year. I'll be happy to shop there for every present for her to be honest, about 10-15 ladies working there and all, er, very presentable let's say.

Yeah well thats what I thought about Lululemon until I had to fix a server there. 45-yo fat blokes aren't their target demographic and the staff attitude let me know in no uncertain terms. Being easy on the eye didn't make up for character.

It pleases me that the local rag is no longer delivered. I picked one up from the supermarket, read it cover to cover, it'll make an ideal addition to the worm farm. Absolutely zero content of interest.

Judging by the large pile of last weeks paper next to the current one, I daresay the average twitter account has more followers than they have readers.

I havent seem a local rag in 10 years

I see one when I buy my coffee
Turn it over to see what the latest obsession with Reid is - the guy is seriously a stalker

I think there wouldn’t be more than 30 pages from front to back

The dog turned 1 about a month ago and finally seems to have grasped the concept of tug 'o' war. Before now he only did it when he had things he knew he shouldn't have.

On the streets ?
Repairing a problem that 3 other trades caused my job. The supervisor said we’ll get you a bit more money for the fix up because it wasn’t your fault and ended up get me an extra $50 but I had to buy a part because that piece that came out wasn’t salvageable and cost me $17. 🤡 me. Oh and it took me 4 hours to fix it 🤡 me

Remove this Banner Ad

Things that please me - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back