Things that please me - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

when my old man got his bike license it was go down to the local cop shop
ride up the end of the street and come back without falling off while the cop stood and watched

do that and you got your license
Bit different these days (for the better!).

first day in weeks i have woken up without wheezing nor being left breathless walking up/down stairs.

looks like the ABs have finally killed this MoFo pneumonia - i know i have a loong few months ahead of me to completely get over it so not getting too excited, but aiming to have a short run on the beach by mid Oct (with just beach walking between this weekend and then)

when my old man got his bike license it was go down to the local cop shop
ride up the end of the street and come back without falling off while the cop stood and watched

do that and you got your license
To be fair as far as im aware you can do your motorcycle license on a scooter and itll count.

I can ride motorbikes and have since i was a kid but i got my license through work on a scooter, upgraded from L's to a full without ever going near an actual motorcycle. I can now go and buy whatever bike i like and ride it legally, having been nowhere near an actual motorcycle since i was a teen.

Bunch of guys and gals i work with are in the same boat except many have literally never been on a bike (only scooters, which have no gears and substantially less power).

That system needs a real refresh.

To be fair as far as im aware you can do your motorcycle license on a scooter and itll count.

I can ride motorbikes and have since i was a kid but i got my license through work on a scooter, upgraded from L's to a full without ever going near an actual motorcycle. I can now go and buy whatever bike i like and ride it legally, having been nowhere near an actual motorcycle since i was a teen.

Bunch of guys and gals i work with are in the same boat except many have literally never been on a bike (only scooters, which have no gears and substantially less power).

That system needs a real refresh.
Automatic scooter? I know in NSW there's a difference. You can get your license on a scooter but you're restricted to automatic machines (which rules out the vast majority of motorcycles).

The other thing was that the course I did mine through (stay upright), everyone learned on their little 125's unless they were doing an automatic course.

Automatic scooter? I know in NSW there's a difference. You can get your license on a scooter but you're restricted to automatic machines (which rules out the vast majority of motorcycles).

The other thing was that the course I did mine through (stay upright), everyone learned on their little 125's unless they were doing an automatic course.

There is an old coot somewhere in my area who drivers his scooter 4 wheel one on the road .
No road sense.

Haven't seen him for a while tho.

Ive seen kids on their scooters.
2 on a scooter no helmets, no road sense.

Those things fly .

Yeh (honestly assumed all scooters were auto).

I worked on the F1GP for about 4-5 years and we used them to get around site (shitty little things, Auto and top speed of about 80kmh). We all got Ls and anyone that was there for more than 2 years went back and got their full license because it either expired or you got it upgraded.

We did the L and full test on automatic scooters and once we got the full license we just have a full motorbike license, there is no distinction.

Now i can ride bikes but i havent ridden one in... 15 years? I might get a bike at some point but id go get some lessons first and it would purely be a little cafe racer run about but if one was a real ****wit one could have gotten their license like that and then gone out to buy the biggest, fastest bike going and promptly killed themselves on the road.

I think I've told this before but I find the story of me getting my bike license pretty wild.

Bloke rocked up to tafe on a new motorbike on the Monday and I decided then and there I want one too.

Booked an introductory to riding course on the tuesday, basically to see if I can stay upright, turn, and change gears. I bought the motorbike on the Wednesday (2011 CBR250) and did my learners test on the Thursday. A quick short theory test where they basically provided the answers then half an hour in the course doing some turns and stops.

I was then given my license and sent off on my way. Had never riden a motorbike before that introductury course on the Monday and then I was off on the open road by myself on the Thursday.

Because I had a full car license I only had to be on my L's for 15 months and as soon as I was off them I had a brand new 2012 Fireblade waiting for me to ride.

Thankfully its a lot harder to get the license now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I've told this before but I find the story of me getting my bike license pretty wild.

Bloke rocked up to tafe on a new motorbike on the Monday and I decided then and there I want one too.

Booked an introductory to riding course on the tuesday, basically to see if I can stay upright, turn, and change gears. I bought the motorbike on the Wednesday (2011 CBR250) and did my learners test on the Thursday. A quick short theory test where they basically provided the answers then half an hour in the course doing some turns and stops.

I was then given my license and sent off on my way. Had never riden a motorbike before that introductury course on the Monday and then I was off on the open road by myself on the Thursday.

Because I had a full car license I only had to be on my L's for 15 months and as soon as I was off them I had a brand new 2012 Fireblade waiting for me to ride.

I did mine around the same time.

Is it actually alot harder? I have no idea

It's a really difficult line they have to tow in regards to it. Truthfully everyone should be made to do a months worth of riding with an instructor before being given a free pass to ride on the roads.

Our instructor told us when we passed our L's - do not go ride in traffic yet. You're not ready.

Which was absolutely correct and you can only hope others take that advice on board.

Coming home from the bakery and seeing the bin truck a few streets from mine, forgot to put the bins out but made it home in time.
i went to put our bins out this morning and cant remember if it was recycling or green bin day, went and checked the street and there was a mix of yellow and green bins, lucky they arent that full

i went to put our bins out this morning and cant remember if it was recycling or green bin day, went and checked the street and there was a mix of yellow and green bins, lucky they arent that full

Just put out the wrong colour bins to put everyone in your street off ..🤣.

Remove this Banner Ad

Things that please me - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back