Things that please me - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair as far as im aware you can do your motorcycle license on a scooter and itll count.

I can ride motorbikes and have since i was a kid but i got my license through work on a scooter, upgraded from L's to a full without ever going near an actual motorcycle. I can now go and buy whatever bike i like and ride it legally, having been nowhere near an actual motorcycle since i was a teen.

Bunch of guys and gals i work with are in the same boat except many have literally never been on a bike (only scooters, which have no gears and substantially less power).

That system needs a real refresh.

I've got a full UK motorbike licence. Vicroads rules say it was only valid for a maximum of 6 months from when I first started living in Victoria. Bizarrely this means I can legally ride a motorbike pretty much anywhere in the world apart from the state where I live.

I've got a full UK motorbike licence. Vicroads rules say it was only valid for a maximum of 6 months from when I first started living in Victoria. Bizarrely this means I can legally ride a motorbike pretty much anywhere in the world apart from the state where I live.
That’s insane, international car licenses are recognized for ages aren’t they?

There should be mouse flavour cat food 🐱
Can't find it now, but there's a brilliant series (or one long interview) with Rory Sutherland (marketing guru), where he covers the buying pyschology of things like this.

Basically it boils down to: Cats don't buy cat food, Humans do. So business markets towards what the Human thinks the Cat likes, rather than spending any time trying to develop cat-preferential flavours.

Would you buy "3 day old headless bird gizzards" flavoured Cat food?

could you renew it into a vic license in that six months or did they want you do a test?

Can't find it now, but there's a brilliant series (or one long interview) with Rory Sutherland (marketing guru), where he covers the buying pyschology of things like this.

Basically it boils down to: Cats don't buy cat food, Humans do. So business markets towards what the Human thinks the Cat likes, rather than spending any time trying to develop cat-preferential flavours.

Yep I like it .

🐱should more choices...
Free range mouse options.

My cat loved prawns - if it ever was getting late and you had no idea where she was, all you'd have to do is get a prawn out of the fridge and before you've even removed the head, she'd be by your side

She never cared for chicken - tried various options for raw chicken, even put her other food on it to tempt her, and essentially the raw chicken was a plate

Mice were friends and she couldn't understand why they didn't want to play - in her nearly 18 years, she never once killed a mouse

She would occasionally bring birds in, but again they were alive and not something she ever ate

Think my cat may have been a bit broken and also spoilt 😂

Coming home from the bakery and seeing the bin truck a few streets from mine, forgot to put the bins out but made it home in time.
Put mine out this morning, went in to get one more bag for the rubbish and the recycling truck came past 30 seconds later. Popped my rubbish in the bin and took the recycling back in.

Streamlined

They used to just do a lap of the block to confirm you knew how to drive a truck years ago.

To get a US drivers license in Virginia I just had to do a lap of the block, a mate of mine even drove on the wrong side of the road after making a turn during his lap of the block and they still gave him his license.

The first person under a lot of pressure putting the bins out..🤣

It’s what I hate when I go home every couple of weeks, I leave lunchtime on bin night and often the first one to put them out and when I haven’t been around, I’ve no idea what week it is.

Fortunately I can’t be ****ed recycling and our regular rubbish is still weekly, so it’s only when the green waste needs to go out I have issues!!! Only saving grace is some do their gardening on the Saturday and put the bin straight out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s insane, international car licenses are recognized for ages aren’t they?

Not if you live in Victoria.

I looked into converting my UK licence to Victorian. I entered my DOB and date of when I moved here to their webform and it came back with this. I'm not planning on getting a bike anytime soon so I can't be arsed calling them to clarify.

1726121402763.png

if you are moving somewhere they tend to want you to have local ID
When I moved to Sydney (which I knew was temporary, 18 months max) local council wouldn’t give me a park ing permit unless the car was registered to the Sydney adress, if you know anything about rego in Sydney you know that was a cluster**** of a process

When I moved to Sydney (which I knew was temporary, 18 months max) local council wouldn’t give me a park ing permit unless the car was registered to the Sydney adress, if you know anything about rego in Sydney you know that was a cluster**** of a process
What’s a cluster**** about our process? The pink slip?

What’s a cluster**** about our process? The pink slip?
The whole ****ing deal tbh. Can’t just swap regos. Need to take it to a mechanic, get the rwc done, take that to a NSW roads etc.

It’s more expensive in itself plus the inspection is additional dollars.

Perfectly cooked peas.
Yuk.

Hate Reaction GIF

The whole ****ing deal tbh. Can’t just swap regos. Need to take it to a mechanic, get the rwc done, take that to a NSW roads etc.

Why do we even have different vehicle and traffic regulations for each state and territory?

Does mean more safe cars on the road though. It's an inconvenience once every 12 months but it does mean there's less shitboxes driving than say Victoria. Every time I go down there it's like taking a walk down memory lane haha

Remove this Banner Ad

Things that please me - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back