Things that please me - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Does mean more safe cars on the road though. It's an inconvenience once every 12 months but it does mean there's less shitboxes driving than say Victoria. Every time I go down there it's like taking a walk down memory lane haha
I think thats a stretch, its not like there are a stack of unsafe cars on the road in Vic, any difference would be marginal at best. Plus you still have unlicensed and unroadworthy unregistered cars in NSW.

If we wanna go full hog with that do what they do in Singapore etc. All cars must be less than 10 years old (or whatever year).

I think thats a stretch, its not like there are a stack of unsafe cars on the road in Vic, any difference would be marginal at best. Plus you still have unlicensed and unroadworthy unregistered cars in NSW.

If we wanna go full hog with that do what they do in Singapore etc. All cars must be less than 10 years old (or whatever year).
Absolutely disagree. Probably depends on the socioeconomic status of the area as well but I have family in Sunbury for instance and there's a stack of cars around there that are dodgy as ****. It's not at all surprising though, when they only have to be inspected initially and then left to their own devices.

Just think about it for a second - how many people would not bother to check/change tyres? Fix broken lights etc.

In NSW, that gets picked up every 12 months. In Victoria, it gets picked up if you're pulled over.

Absolutely disagree. Probably depends on the socioeconomic status of the area as well but I have family in Sunbury for instance and there's a stack of cars around there that are dodgy as ****. It's not at all surprising though, when they only have to be inspected initially and then left to their own devices.

Just think about it for a second - how many people would not bother to check/change tyres? Fix broken lights etc.

In NSW, that gets picked up every 12 months. In Victoria, it gets picked up if you're pulled over.
Yeh im maintaining marginal. I lived in Syd for 18 months, i knew people that swapped out tyres and shit just to get the 12 monthly RWC, also knew plenty who just let it lapse.

Im sure the intent is for this and im sure it works to a degree but i doubt its making a substantial difference.

If anything it should also mean some sort of a rego discount, instead yours is more expensive plus you have to pay for an RWC every 12 months on top of that.

People that cant afford it just wont bother.

Does mean more safe cars on the road though. It's an inconvenience once every 12 months but it does mean there's less shitboxes driving than say Victoria. Every time I go down there it's like taking a walk down memory lane haha

Most shite boxes are uber drivers and uni kids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how good is it when you put on an artist you haven't listened to in a while and you're like OH YEAH I LOVE THIS
Fiona Apple's turn this week
she ****ing RULES
hell yes she does
might chuck her on now actually

Seeing Clarkson Hammond and May go on one last adventure.

After the simpsons (and maybe game of thrones and breaking bad) cannot think of a bigger show of my childhood/teenage/early adulthood years.

20 odd years of entertainment from 3 middle aged blokes messing around with cars

The latest series of Telstra ads, with all the talking creatures. Someone is having a lot of fun making them. I’ve literally laughed out loud at each one 🤣

I did have a chuckle at the beetle one

Seeing Clarkson Hammond and May go on one last adventure.

After the simpsons (and maybe game of thrones and breaking bad) cannot think of a bigger show of my childhood/teenage/early adulthood years.

20 odd years of entertainment from 3 middle aged blokes messing around with cars

Top Gear was a must watch tv show when those 3 were hosting it, can't say the same about all the other versions of it though.

Top Gear was a must watch tv show when those 3 were hosting it, can't say the same about all the other versions of it though.

I can honestly say I didn’t watch a single episode.
What was it about those 3 that made it such a cult

I can honestly say I didn’t watch a single episode.
What was it about those 3 that made it such a cult

They had great chemistry and seemed like genuine mates with a lot of funny banter, they also went on some great road trips.

it helped if you were a revhead and into cars but that didn't matter all that much, you could still enjoy the show if you weren't.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Things that please me - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back