Things that please me - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm having a lucky week! The growth removed from my hand last week was non-cancerous. I caught it in time since I know what to look for early, after having a pre-cancerous growth removed from my arm in February. Having blondish hair and light skin was a curse when moving here in my early 20s, nearly 50 years ago.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not that it pleases me.

But Mrs rocky dad got a cancer lump on his head ...fuuuu they grow fast and stink.
Unsure when they getting rid of it for him..

It was only getting into the 90s that we really started to wake up to the damage the sun could do.
A few of us at my retirement village were talking about how they used to put coconut oil on their skin and lay out in the sun for hours. I never went to a real beach until I moved here. I spent many hours at Seaford and other beaches including some in Hawaii, Queensland and Fiji in my 20s and 30s. I never even thought about skin cancer back then. I used to fly home to Chicago every other Christmas and purposely spend time in the sun so I was tan before I left, in contrast to my snow grounded and lily white family in Chicago. My sister was soooo jealous.

A few of us at my retirement village were talking about how they used to put coconut oil on their skin and lay out in the sun for hours. I never went to a real beach until I moved here. I spent many hours at Seaford and other beaches including some in Hawaii, Queensland and Fiji in my 20s and 30s. I never even thought about skin cancer back then. I used to fly home to Chicago every other Christmas and purposely spend time in the sun so I was tan before I left, in contrast to my snow grounded and lily white family in Chicago. My sister was soooo jealous.

I always used to get sunburnt once a year and it would be an early season cricket match that was overcast and windy, and I hadn't got back into the habit of smothering myself in cream before I played yet.

I remember one time when I was about 18 I went to Rottnest Island for the day and splashed on coconut oil, thinking it was sunscreen. The next day I was red as a lobster.

I remember one time when I was about 18 I went to Rottnest Island for the day and splashed on coconut oil, thinking it was sunscreen. The next day I was red as a lobster.

Good spot.

Fuu it gets super busy there.

I rode over a quokka on my bmx when I was a kid, the stupid thing hopped out in front of me and I couldn't avoid it.

I thought I might have killed it or at least injured it but it just hopped off the track again like nothing had happened.

I rode over a quokka on my bmx when I was a kid, the stupid thing hopped out in front of me and I couldn't avoid it.

I thought I might have killed it or at least injured it but it just hopped off the track again like nothing had happened.

Saved ya self 2 K ..😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rotto sucks and is a massive waste of time and money. Quokkas are cool for about 5 minutes but they are everywhere and eventually blend into the background.
Wow.

Cosmo Kramer Omg GIF

Rotto sucks and is a massive waste of time and money.
1726603333412.png

I don't know what it's like these days. I went back in the 80s. A mate and I went over on the Bus Across Australia for the America's Cup. I loved it.

I was in Perth a month ago and had Rottnest as a consideration but nothing pre-booked
  • due to weather, one of the ferry companies that operates from Perth was cancelled for a couple of days
  • that same weather cancelled multiple sailings from Fremantle
  • if I did go, I was looking at about $150 for the ferry trip & entry fee, plus any spending money on the sat

Ultimately I didn't go with price being a key reason

I went as a kid but that was a few years ago, so wouldn't haven't minded going back but not at those prices in hit & miss weather which was seeing ferry trips being cancelled - maybe if I'm back that way in better weather and can get a decent deal on a trip

... and if you could pat the quokkas
Unfortunately there are apparently so many ****heads around that think it's cool or funny to kick them or worse.. there's been some pretty disgusting shit done to them by so called 'human beings' over the years. Feel free to google it if you want to get angry.

Luckily there are so many around that you'd be fine patting one if you pick your spot.

I only found out recently that they used to be on the mainland too back in the 20's. They would get caught in rabbit snares and eaten.

lived in perth for 35+ years, think i went twice

id probably enjoy it now though, if it wasnt expensive AF and windy AF

Like a lot of places it's better to go there in off peak times outside school holidays when it is cheaper and less crowded.

You certainly wouldn't want to go there when it's schoolies time with hundreds of drunk teenagers there running amok.

Unfortunately there are apparently so many ****heads around that think it's cool or funny to kick them or worse.. there's been some pretty disgusting shit done to them by so called 'human beings' over the years. Feel free to google it if you want to get angry.

Luckily there are so many around that you'd be fine patting one if you pick your spot.

I only found out recently that they used to be on the mainland too back in the 20's. They would get caught in rabbit snares and eaten.

There was talk years ago about idiots playing quokka soccer there but that seemed to be mostly just talk rather than a reality.

If I saw someone kicking a quokka I would be kicking them but I've never seen anyone kicking one during any of my trips there.

Re rottnest island.

I thought it was a good spot but the day we went was super busy.
Did nt cost us a bomb due to discounts .
Happy hour at the little pub was a nice surprise at the end after a warm day .

Seen crows players Mrs thought seeing these men in Speedos was kind of cool lol.
Eyes up here please 🤣.

The accommodation huts look like they haven't been updated for a while.
Prob cost a bomb to stay at.

Remove this Banner Ad

Things that please me - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back