Things that please me - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

School holidays. ****ing grand. Mowed and fertilised my lawn yesterday, got my car serviced (nearly 21,000 steps after all the work outside and a few walks!), and today took our daugther to Healesville Sanctuary and then got ice cream. It was a great day.

Body Count too. I do wonder how we'll reflect on the drill rappers, that scene makes me a bit uneasy.
Ice T becoming Twitter mates with the late John Challis aka Boycie from Only Fools and Horses was a bit of turn up.

"I've left my Mercedes parked downstairs and you know what they're like on this estate. They'd have the wheels off a Jumbo if it flew too low."
Utterly useless trivia but the barman when Del Boy fell through the bar is the same actor who played the Vicar in Gavin and Stacey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Utterly useless trivia but the barman when Del Boy fell through the bar is the same actor who played the Vicar in Gavin and Stacey.
Not wrong about that being useless trivia. That's a bloody funny scene though! Think that and a chandelier scene were voted 2 of the top 3 funniest comedy scenes in some UK wide poll a few years back

Done the prep to do this for dinner tomorrow.

I wasn't sure where to post this. I'm having what annoying parents call "big feelings" at the moment.

Ultimately though, it's a happy story.

I've been fostering a dog for a couple of months. I've fostered dogs before, but this guy got my heart. In terms of the broken shell of a dog he was to where he is now, it's the most development I've ever seen in a foster.

We finally had our first meet & greet with potential adopters today, and it went so well. I was so proud of the little guy that I cried.

I really hope it goes ahead. I'm really happy for him, and finding his family lets me foster the next dog. But I'm going to sob like a baby when the time comes!

My little boy went home today.

I did indeed sob lie a baby, and I'm sure I will again tonight when I go to a cold bed alone (cos my dog doesn't want to sleep on the bed) - but I'm better than I thought I would be. I'm already keen on the next foster.

I still feel really great about the family he went to. One thing I learned really quickly when fostering is that not only do you have to trust them to care for, love and nurture your foster - but you really have to trust them to call you if anything goes wrong so he doesn't end up unloved, on the street, or in the pound. I feel good about this family from that perspective.

My little boy went home today.

I did indeed sob lie a baby, and I'm sure I will again tonight when I go to a cold bed alone (cos my dog doesn't want to sleep on the bed) - but I'm better than I thought I would be. I'm already keen on the next foster.

I still feel really great about the family he went to. One thing I learned really quickly when fostering is that not only do you have to trust them to care for, love and nurture your foster - but you really have to trust them to call you if anything goes wrong so he doesn't end up unloved, on the street, or in the pound. I feel good about this family from that perspective.
I think he will be easier on you the more you do.
Get a good solid routine thingy going on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Things that please me - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back