Things that please me - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

I bought a bike when I was in Adelaide. I lived in Walkerville and after work I would ride out to the West End Brewery / Channel 7 building. Up one side of the river and back the other. Then on weekends I would ride out to West Beach and back. Good trail. Don't fancy mingling with cars so don't use it now.

I got on one of kids bikes a while back and nearly had to fit the training wheels back on it. GAGF the bloke that made the saying "like riding a bike"
Funny bikes came up. Was walking out of my house this arvo after my post and some little ratbag going 60 on the footpath smashed into the side of a car.

Little shit barely hurt and the car smashed to hell :(

Funny bikes came up. Was walking out of my house this arvo after my post and some little ratbag going 60 on the footpath smashed into the side of a car.

Did the owner of the car see any of this?

I rode a bike to school for 9 years so once i got a car i realised how shit they are
I was riding to school on the footpath
And a car backed out and hit me.
Fell on to the grass.

Was one of the teachers 🤣.

Son of a colleague had the opposite happen - riding with his head down, straight into a car backing out. Weeks in hospital with head injuries 😟

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First and foremost my elderly Mother surviving much needed Bladder Surgery (I had many sleepless nights leading up to it

Secondly My Boston Celtics being the most dominant team in the NBA the previous season and for the foreseeable future.

I first started following the Celtics in 1992 (I caught up by the Dream Team of Barcelona and cause I kind of looked like Larry Bird)
I later jumped on to other Boston pro sports teams, the Celtics however will forever be my number 1 sports passion

I was being sexually (and physically) abused and suffering a horrible time when I was 12/13 and I hired the Larry Bird VHS career journey cassette at the time and I am not joking when I said it changed my life.

Larry and his early childhood and teenage childhood struggles I could greatly relate to

Been accused of my family and some friends these days of taking my Boston Celtics fandom too far (spent well over 3 K on 2024 championship merchandise)

My faith forbids me to get any tattoos, otherwise I would go so far to have even my sack inked in Celtic green.

I am still pissed off this day remembering Channel 10 News Reader Jo Pearson reporting on Reggie Lewis' tragic passing as a 'sour basketballer dies on the court' (not joking either)

Remove this Banner Ad

Things that please me - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back