Things that sh*t me the fifteenth part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread has been rolled over to Part 16 here

Credit card statement contained a purchase I hadn't made, including an overseas transaction fee. It was in fact the only purchase as it's my non-preferred card and I only use it for holidays. Rang the bank, apparently there had been several attempts to charge purchases to my card, that had been blocked. This one got through. Fortunately a small amount. Card to be cancelled and a new one issued. :neutral:

Credit card statement contained a purchase I hadn't made, including an overseas transaction fee. It was in fact the only purchase as it's my non-preferred card and I only use it for holidays. Rang the bank, apparently there had been several attempts to charge purchases to my card, that had been blocked. This one got through. Fortunately a small amount. Card to be cancelled and a new one issued. :neutral:
its happened twice to me ...shit house lucky it didnt cost me more than an inconvenience of waiting for a new card

If you can pay through an intermediary that helps, not saving your details for future transactions is like the bare minimum though

avoid the convenience and its harder to get your data lifted

Do you mean like PayPal?
paypal is an example yeah, less likely for them to get hacked than that random storefront you're buying off

I think it might have been Booking.com 😟

Edit, no, just checked, they didn’t have that card :think:
i never found out where they got my details from, happened twice in a short space with two cards a few years ago

after that I didn't update my details directly anywhere I could use paypal and don't save for next time anywhere I can't

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've had someone use my card a couple of times, don't know where they got my details. Didn't care in the slightest. Had my money back in a couple of days and someone got to have fun on the banks money. Win/win

The banks are pretty alert for anomalies though. Had a phone call from a different bank, would have been early 2000s, asking if I’d booked an air ticket to Singapore and bought a washing machine 😮. Would-be thief was in Sydney, I wasn’t. That was before limits on how much you could spend without entering your PIN, whenever that came in.

can be randomly generated or skimmed ????
My first time was a guy in HK the second time was a kid in Sydney
No, I must have used it for a purchase online. I only use it occasionally, for one-off things to keep my main credit card, which I use for in-store purchases and a couple of direct debits, secure. Looks like that was a good move.

No, I must have used it for a purchase online. I only use it occasionally, for one-off things to keep my main credit card, which I use for in-store purchases and a couple of direct debits, secure. Looks like that was a good move.
My one wasnt used
I have my one as a back up everything goes on the wifes
We have separate ones for emergency, theft OS or if 1 of you dies or divorces the other doesnt have a credit history...especially if it happens when your old
Credit cards arent joint even though we use them as joint
We also have Visa and MC not so important nowdays but was in EU and US when we travelled a few decades back

The banks are pretty alert for anomalies though. Had a phone call from a different bank, would have been early 2000s, asking if I’d booked an air ticket to Singapore and bought a washing machine . Would-be thief was in Sydney, I wasn’t. That was before limits on how much you could spend without entering your PIN, whenever that came in.
The CBA blocked my card being used due to some 'weird' transactions. Meant I couldn't get my lunch that day . Had to go to the bank and see what was wrong. There were a couple of transactions but both of them were mine. As much as a pain it was, it was nice knowing they were looking out.

I can't even remember what the transactions were, some online buying.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

can be randomly generated or skimmed ????

Bank cancelled my card because someone tried to use it to purchase something from a US based online store. Had my number but not the CCV. Had to just be a random number generator. It was over Easter so didn't have a card for a couple of weeks which was annoying.

They are on the ball when we first started massive shops instead of regular ones they would cancel it and ring us up to see if it was us spending $1500 at woolies, we would say yes and it would go through.....then they got used to it

Must have people on screens gettting red alerts when something weird happens

When they call it the "Men's cricket team" (as an example) In reality it's the Australian Cricket Team, as it's the best team we can field.

I'm usually all for gender neutral language and being inclusive, which I guess is what this is. However I feel that this is one scenario where we can or should acknowledge that men are overwhelmingly going to perform better than women, to the extent that the national team will always be a group of males.

Professional cricket is so relatively meaningless, and encompasses such a small category of people, that I can't imagine simply calling it the Australian Cricket Team would be offensive to anyone. Conversely calling it the Men's Cricket Team whiffs of unnecessary denial and could be more insulting.

Also, hypothetically if an exceptional women's player was good enough to be selected in the men's team and wanted to compete against the best in the world, I suppose under this naming system she would not be permitted?

When they call it the "Men's cricket team" (as an example) In reality it's the Australian Cricket Team, as it's the best team we can field.

I'm usually all for gender neutral language and being inclusive, which I guess is what this is. However I feel that this is one scenario where we can or should acknowledge that men are overwhelmingly going to perform better than women, to the extent that the national team will always be a group of males.

Professional cricket is so relatively meaningless, and encompasses such a small category of people, that I can't imagine simply calling it the Australian Cricket Team would be offensive to anyone. Conversely calling it the Men's Cricket Team whiffs of unnecessary denial and could be more insulting.

Also, hypothetically if an exceptional women's player was good enough to be selected in the men's team and wanted to compete against the best in the world, I suppose under this naming system she would not be permitted?
So not a fan of AFLM
or AFLXM ?

Next door have got a little cat & it comes into my garden, resplendent as it is with your Fairy Wrens and your New Holland Honeyheaters.

It is dicing with my patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back