Things that sh*t me the fifteenth part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread has been rolled over to Part 16 here

Women - one specifically who shares my family name and has been hanging around for nearly 30 years. 'Let's go!' she exclaims when we are planning to head out anywhere, while madam is still sporting her gardening attire or in a dressing gown..? Fast forward around 30 odd minutes later (at best), I'm sitting in the car and she is still 'getting ready'...!
Tip for the kiddies, who maybe in the early days of this marriage thing - when she finally gets in car and then asks if her shoes match her dress and/or her handbag matches her earrings, just nod your head, don't dare say anything, just keep nodding and drive as fast as you can away from your house..!

Season Greetings to all, stay safe.

Also a tip for those who should know better, based on in-depth analysis and review:

Co-Worker (wearing new dress)
Simon - You look nice (name) - is that new?
Co-Worker - Aww, thanks hun. Yes, it's a new dress I bought yesterday.

Mum (wearing new dress)
Simon - You look nice mum - is that new?
Mum - Thankyou! It's a new dress your dad got me for my birthday, but I haven't worn it before.

Wife (wearing new dress)
Simon - You look nice in that dress - is it new?
Wife - What??? Are you saying I didn't look nice yesterday? What about this morning? Gah, all you ever do is pick on me. I didn't even use our credit card, I paid for it on mine.

=====

Family and Christmas time.

I know it's the season of giving and spending time with loved ones and **** but this year has been hard for me mentally and would have liked a bit of something as a reward.

Parents spent a grand total of $18 on me with a novelty tool set from Big W compared to the hundred plus dollars on my sister (both Christmas and throughout the year). My dad even renovated her house in his own time. They gave my wife a used bloody Mimco necklace (it was scratched to all ****). My kids got nothing.

As money is tight (I was demoted at work and my wife doesn't work) so in terms of getting anything off the wife all I got was a magazine subscription renewal for Playstation.

As an adult I would not care much about any of that apart from...

Umm, wtf.
Christmas magnifies shit family dynamics for many, sucks balls

My kids got nothing off my parents.

We bought my kids gifts
Your parents sound like aresholes.

I’m sorry they were so selfish.

This is been the worst ever xmas .

Had a fight with my son last night but it got resolved.

This morning I was planning to get my mum some flowers on the way to pick her up but my son took too long to get ready even though I told him what time we needed to leave.
I didn’t want to spend the day with my mum anyway, she’s a complete narcissist. She wasn’t waiting for us to pick her up ( she lives in a large complex) so I called , no answer.Eventually she came. She told me I was nasty.

Went to the restaurant, my Aunt didn’t even show . Barely spoke through out the meal.
Came home and burst into tears. My son was lovely though. He’s now gone out to friends and I’m alone.

I will never spend xmas with her again.

I have heard from my father at all.

Worst xmas ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Parents spent a grand total of $18 on me with a novelty tool set from Big W compared to the hundred plus dollars on my sister (both Christmas and throughout the year). My dad even renovated her house in his own time. They gave my wife a used bloody Mimco necklace (it was scratched to all ****). My kids got nothing.
I’d chew them out over that last bit. That’s ****ing pathetic

My family came at midday and had left by 3. It was great.
My wife and I are excommunicated from our families. Which is sad in some respects. But at Christmas, it allows us to do what we like.
Breakfast at home.
Exchanged gifts.
Went to our block of land and had picnic lunch.
Back home for an afternoon snooze.
Dinner in alfresco area watching the rain pour down.
Simple, but enjoyable.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

My wife and I are excommunicated from our families. Which is sad in some respects. But at Christmas, it allows us to do what we like.
Breakfast at home.
Exchanged gifts.
Simple, but enjoyable.

Sounds like bliss mate

Nah she is in her late 20s and single. Only just moved out of home into a house my parents helped buy her and fix up.

Sorry that your parents think it’s acceptable behaviour to favour one child over another and not shower their grandchildren with gifts.

Sent from my Louis Vuitton Jaffle Maker

Family and Christmas time.

I know it's the season of giving and spending time with loved ones and **** but this year has been hard for me mentally and would have liked a bit of something as a reward.

As money is tight (I was demoted at work and my wife doesn't work) so in terms of getting anything off the wife all I got was a magazine subscription renewal for Playstation.
Have something else to do next Christmas,go somewhere or pretend you are.

Breakfast at home.
Exchanged gifts.
Simple, but enjoyable.

Sounds perfect. :thumbsu:

How is it antiquated? We have a men's and women's team, so batsmen and batswomen are in line with that

Like most sports men and women don't compete at the elite levels.

If Ellyse Perry wants to be called a batter or batswoman or batgirl that's fine, but that has nothing to do with a game involving 22 men where batsman is still a perfectly good term.

In junior sports boys and girls often play together, so batsman doesn't work for everyone. But 8 year olds aren't men or women anyway, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back