Things that sh*t me the fifteenth part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread has been rolled over to Part 16 here

Vet bills. Discourages people from taking in rescue dogs.

The rescues I've been involved with always do full vet work while fostering before adoption. It's the biggest expense by far, even with sympathetic and discount vets, and why they're always short of dough.

It was most probably a re-gift.
Italians do that all the time with panettone this time of year.

Absolute lol, I was given some earlier this week with an expiry of Feb 22. Guarantee its a leftover from last Christmas.

Was, not is. Went down nicely with a cuppa.

If I do go go faster on the open hwy it's almost always behind a car or 2 speeding so they would get done first.

Been there, done that. I was tail end of a group of about 5 cars, all safely spaced, all doing 110-120km/h. Cop was hiding on a side road just over the crest of a hill. Came sailing up behind with a disco light show, I pulled over and waved him past so he could get the ringleader, no dice. He'd got the lead car at 117 and grabbed me because I was closest, when I pointed out there were four cars between his radar and me he invited me to show up in court to prove it.

And it won't save you from a camera, anyway.

I drive a manual without cruise control, I get really shitted off at having to pay constant attention to my speed than actually driving. Speed on my satnav is closer to line of sight so I'm not having to actually look away from the road and under the steering wheel, then look up and refocus, but its still unsafe and a massive PITA.

I’ve actually seen the studies and read about a town in europe somewhere where they abolished speed limits and let the natural speed of the road dictate and accidents went down.
Speed limits are a necessary evil.

Having just told us why they aren't.

campaigners gonna campaigner. You can have all the limits and restrictions you like to inconvenience and shit off everyone else, and campaigners will still campaigner. Just look at the constant stream of ultralockdown quarantine escapee campaigners all happily campaignering and shitting on the rest of us.

Throw the book at the campaigners doing careless / dangerous / culpable driving and encourage safe, responsible driving for all.

Been there, done that. I was tail end of a group of about 5 cars, all safely spaced, all doing 110-120km/h. Cop was hiding on a side road just over the crest of a hill. Came sailing up behind with a disco light show, I pulled over and waved him past so he could get the ringleader, no dice. He'd got the lead car at 117 and grabbed me because I was closest, when I pointed out there were four cars between his radar and me he invited me to show up in court to prove it.

And it won't save you from a camera, anyway.

I drive a manual without cruise control, I get really shitted off at having to pay constant attention to my speed than actually driving. Speed on my satnav is closer to line of sight so I'm not having to actually look away from the road and under the steering wheel, then look up and refocus, but its still unsafe and a massive PITA.
True but they don't have cameras out on the open road here, used to have the odd speed trap but haven't seen any of those either in years its just in the towns as well. Only have the occasional patrol car going in the opposite direction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My yachting claim to fame is this bloke who was the brother of one of my mother's friends.

Tom Schnackenberg - Wikipedia

He was the sail designer for Australia II in the 1983's America's Cup and also the design coordinator for Team New Zealand in the 1995 America's Cup.

He helped both Australia and NZ win an America's Cup but you wouldn't know it, he's one of those humble nerdy yachting geniuses, a Kiwi Ben Lexcen.

Why does that sh*t you?

Sent from my Louis Vuitton Jaffle Maker

He didn't give me a leg up into the America's Cup, my mother's friend's son who was a mate of mine got to work on One Australia in the 1995 race.

That was the boat that sunk.

Dodged a bullet there.

Sydney to Hobart is silly. Don't they realise how much faster they could go if they turned their engines on

I'd love to see a few blokes in a dinghy with an engine win the Sydney to Hobart.

"Well we went out into Sydney Harbour to catch a few fish, saw these yachts racing past and thought why don't we have a crack".

"We fired up the engine and wouldn't you know it, we've gone and won the Sydney to Hobart".

He hasn't had a Toyota named after him though.

You haven't driven a Subaru Schnakenburg?

They were one of the best sellers in NZ back in the 80s and 90s.

The Toyota Lexcen was slow to start but once you engaged the winged keel gear it came home with a wet sail.

One of my favourite books.

180796.jpg

The story behind Australia II winning the America's Cup and he talks about Schnacks and his boys reworking the sails overnight to get them right.

People think it was just the magic winged keel that won the America's Cup back in 1983 but there was a huge team behind it that made it happen.

I'm not a sailing fan but it's one of the greatest achievements in Australian sport, Australia II coming back from 3-1 down to win 4-3.

Everyone was into sailing back in 1983.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back