Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

What do you mean could? ;)

Bugs Bunny Money GIF by Looney Tunes
I hear ya.

Would WA have enough decent grounds a gather round .?

Yes but only Optus has suitable lighting for a night game, IMO. In the WAFL it is only Leederville Oval and Fremantle Oval that have suitable lighting to hold night games but they don't make for a great viewing spectacle on TV.

Personally, I don't want a gather round. I just want the AFL to give us an extra home game to make up for the extra week of bullshit travel.

Yes but only Optus has suitable lighting for a night game, IMO. In the WAFL it is only Leederville Oval and Fremantle Oval that have suitable lighting to hold night games but they don't make for a great viewing spectacle on TV.

Personally, I don't want a gather round. I just want the AFL to give us an extra home game to make up for the extra week of bullshit travel.
AFL have alot of problems.
Soon has this Nimrode and Kane are out the better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WA isn’t drivable for most of the country so I get the logic in having it in SA
but can understand how teams like Freo get shafted?

AFL teams time on planes in 2024​

TeamTripsTime in air
Fremantle1196hr 0m
West Coast1183hr 0m
Gold Coast1265hr 20m
Brisbane1161hr 45m
Sydney1142hr 35m
GWS Giants1142hr 0m
Melbourne837hr 35m
North Melbourne1037hr 20m
Adelaide1037h 20m
Port Adelaide1034hr 50m
Richmond732hr 10m
Geelong731hr 55m
Hawthorn1030hr 50m
Collingwood625hr 25m
Essendon625hr 0m
St Kilda724hr 35m
Carlton623hr 45m
Bulldogs621hr 45m

The WACA and Lathlain? better than the ground used in Alice Springs, and another one that was used in SA

For the 2 WA teams in regards to Gather Round, would it help if they played back-to-back games in SA - one plays the week before gather round and the other stays for another match the week after? At least help eliminate the need to travel back to SA during the season if the club opts to stay in SA for the week

WCE had 3 seperate trips to Adelaide this season which seems an unnecessary fixturing option that could have been better planned, at least with Fremantle this season they had back to back games in Adelaide which would allow the option to stay for the week unless they wanted to travel home

Adelaide Accommodation already up by about 40-50% from the weekend before…

Does it mean all the more reasons to become best buddies with an Adelaide local and crash on their couch for Gather Round?

For the 2 WA teams in regards to Gather Round, would it help if they played back-to-back games in SA - one plays the week before gather round and the other stays for another match the week after? At least help eliminate the need to travel back to SA during the season if the club opts to stay in SA for the week

They do that but spending over a week away from their families and their own beds isn't great.

The WACA and Lathlain? better than the ground used in Alice Springs, and another one that was used in SA

If the WACA is not a construction site anymore then that could be used. Lathlain's lighting has been redone and is suitable for night games but I am not sure if the WAFL have categorised it as acceptable for televised night games like Leederville and Freo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back