Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Optus, wanted to cancel my Internet service at the end of the billing period, they tried to talk me out of it then when I said no, go ahead they cancelled it straight away…
Probably the most efficient service they’ve ever provided anyone

Truck reversed into my car yesterday while it was parked outside of work. Moved it about 3m.

Got footage of it from our work but it's only side on and no identifying features from the footage. Can see it definitely reverse and push my car though.

****er didn't leave a note. People really shit me.
Slight update to this.

Thanks to other businesses, we've been able to get the trucking company name but not a rego plate. Spoke to the trucking company and they've essentially claimed without a rego plate, they won't be able to confirm which truck (thought these things had GPS...).

Made a police report but again, they've said without the rego plate, there's not a lot they'll be able to do either.

Slight update to this.

Thanks to other businesses, we've been able to get the trucking company name but not a rego plate. Spoke to the trucking company and they've essentially claimed without a rego plate, they won't be able to confirm which truck (thought these things had GPS...).

Made a police report but again, they've said without the rego plate, there's not a lot they'll be able to do either.
As if the trucking company dont have a log of who went where...

As if the trucking company dont have a log of who went where...
Exactly...

Wouldn't be hard to get them to cough up legally but seems pointless trying to do it when my excess is $1,000.

Just frustrating that I'm the one that cops it in the neck due to old mate not paying attention.

Quivorir.

Is it still available? (Sorry. Had to do it.)

Responding to those adverts seems like one big exercise in smartarsery and one up man's ship.
Funnily enough I got the exact answer I needed this morning from a guy replying to the post. Shame I bought the 2 parts yesterday though.

Exactly...

Wouldn't be hard to get them to cough up legally but seems pointless trying to do it when my excess is $1,000.

Just frustrating that I'm the one that cops it in the neck due to old mate not paying attention.
Go to their truck depot and dump some manure in office

Exactly...

Do they have an online profile - could leave negative reviews about them on Google or FB etc

They'll likely try to have them removed but you keep going with it - I've seen that work before when companies won't respond to issues they've created

Exactly...

i got hit by a semi and 12 months after my car was fixed they were still stonewalling the insurance company

until they got a letter starting legal proceedings then they paid up

no issue for me insurance sorted it all out at my end but the trucking companies and their insurance basically default to ignoring everything and hoping it goes away

Slight update to this.

Name the trucking company

Slight update to this.

If you make a claim to your insurance company won't they take it up on your behalf with the trucking company's insurance company? If it's clear that one of the trucking company vehicles caused the damage it shouldn't matter which particular truck.

If you don't get what you want one option would be to make a complaint to ACFA which acts as the insurance ombudsman. Most companies prioritise ombudsman complaints knowing it can cost them more to contest a complaint in ombudsman fees than resolve it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Truck reversed into my car yesterday while it was parked outside of work. Moved it about 3m.

Got footage of it from our work but it's only side on and no identifying features from the footage. Can see it definitely reverse and push my car though.

****er didn't leave a note. People really shit me.

its ok, one day they will get really really sick and then die

Remove this Banner Ad

Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back