Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Speaking of shopping, how is it when you're making your way up an aisle at the supermarket and the only two other people in the aisle have trolleys parked directly opposite each other, so no-one can get past? Often it won't be two trolleys, but a mobility scooter, who you of course give a pass to, I bet trying to navigate the Woolies run isn't the most fun they have for the week either. It's the clowns who are staring blankly at everything on the rack, like the names on the packets are written in hieroglyphics. Of course, we've all been there, when there's been a bit of a curveball on the regular shopping list. But can't you show some sort of awareness and maybe leave your trolley a couple of metres back while you're looking, so people might be able to get past?

Local Woolies has slowed things up even more, by renovating the store! 🥳

It all looks beautiful. Everything is now in a different aisle so you spend a lot of time roaming around looking for things. The health foods have now been hidden behind the fruit and vegs.

Woolies no longer do anything as lower-class as putting easily visible yellow discount tags on the shelves. All the prices are on tiny white labels with tinier print. Specials are on the same labels only they’re a pale yellow. Invisible, and illegible, from a distance greater than about a metre.

Oh, and they haven’t missed the opportunity to put the prices up, to pay for the reno, as well as the looming court case. Eg, my orange juice went from $3.85 a couple of weeks ago to $5.00 this week.

It’s not surprising that people are wandering in a daze, oblivious to others.

Remove this Banner Ad

Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back