Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha yeah.

Oddly enough I can abide big **** ups. It's things that are intentionally shit that, well, shit me.
I can point you to a bunch of intentionally shit that leads to this though

The whole industry has just spent the last two years cutting staff like crazy and automating everything to increase profits

This is what eventually happens

I can point you to a bunch of intentionally shit that leads to this though

The whole industry has just spent the last two years cutting staff like crazy and automating everything to increase profits

This is what eventually happens
Yeah no doubt. Problem is you are competing with others that take short cuts so you take short cuts. Customer can suck it.

Guess I meant the more overt stuff. Recently closed bank accounts simply because the revamped UX, whilst looking great, took away heaps of functionality.

Like literally the "do nothing" option would have been better.

Yeah no doubt. Problem is you are competing with others that take short cuts so you take short cuts. Customer can suck it.

Guess I meant the more overt stuff. Recently closed bank accounts simply because the revamped UX, whilst looking great, took away heaps of functionality.

Like literally the "do nothing" option would have been better.
I was doing my tax today and our current payroll and leave systems don't let me see my own historical leave
My pay slips don't show when I'm taking leave anymore.

I had like 6 weeks off last year with two surgeries and no evidence of it

The old system we had for 15+ years showed all of this

My pay slips are completely inadequate on the detail front, too.

And the online timesheet system doesn't let me go back and examine any timesheets after I've hit the "submit" button. So once I fill it in, I've got no record of hours worked vs what I'm getting paid.

Good thing I keep a diary and record my hours there.

My pay slips are completely inadequate on the detail front, too.

And the online timesheet system doesn't let me go back and examine any timesheets after I've hit the "submit" button. So once I fill it in, I've got no record of hours worked vs what I'm getting paid.

Good thing I keep a diary and record my hours there.
Your employer needs to keep time sheets for something crazy like 7 years, as I recently discovered at an audit where the previous manager was tossing them. Otherwise they'll lose any fair work suit basically by default.

Complicated point of sales systems that slow down transactions.

Ringing up to order pizza? It used to be: say your order, they write it down, then confirm. Easy.

Now you are constantly repeating yourself as the operator fumbles around trying to find the right screen that has the drinks then finding the garlic breads, oh hang on can you repeat that?

Same at bars. They seriously have to press about twenty buttons to sell you a couple of beers.

Minor annoyance I know but that is what this thread is about
And then the entire worldwide internet system collapses. Bring back cash!

Surely this is only a taste of the chaos that would ensue if a “bad actor” was able to shut everything down for any length of time. Scary thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Work outsourced IT to Accenture with support in India.

All these systems require manual intervention.

Oops.

Glad its not me pulling an all-nighter.

View attachment 2052612

(not my pic)

The blue screen of death. (Well one of the 2.)

Shits me when that happens.

Week 5 of the Easyshed build.

Instructions impossible to follow (as in, you cannot assemble it according to the instructions).

Figure out the sequence to get maximum squareness and rigidity, given the top and bottom rails are in two pieces and have to be joined together. Assemble top and bottom rails and attach door frame. Discover 3mm difference between top and bottom of allegedly same-sized parts. "Gently push" sheets into frame? Not when they overhang the ends by 10-12mm.

Called it a day when I went to fit the door jambs and found I'd have to undo some of the top/bottom rail screws and use a hammer to flatten the rounded "safe edge" (more like rolled than rounded) before they would fit.

Absolute ****ing piece of shit. Awesome business model - charge heaps for "the world's greatest shed" (I shit thee not - it's on the box) knowing that you will never get a repeat customer.

On theme.

When your miding your own business using the hotel equipment eg pool,spa BBQ etc.
Some noisey familes come in thinking they own the place.
Mums and dads are soft and won't tell their little devils off.

I remember sitting down looking the surf beach with my dogs at this table I like to sit at.
This Family comes sits at the other end of the table...then.

Attachments

• shut-up.gif
    shut-up.gif
    20.9 KB · Views: 6
On theme.

When your miding your own business using the hotel equipment eg pool,spa BBQ etc.
Some noisey familes come in thinking they own the place.
Mums and dads are soft and won't tell their little devils off.

I remember sitting down looking the surf beach with my dogs at this table I like to sit at.
This Family comes sits at the other end of the table...then.
So they sat at a public table they're entitled to sit at?

When I move my cursor across the screen it enlarges the screen. Grrr....
There's an accessibility setting that magnifies where your cursor is that you could have accidentally turned on

Work outsourced IT to Accenture with support in India.

All these systems require manual intervention.

Oops.

Glad its not me pulling an all-nighter.

View attachment 2052612

(not my pic)

What';s important here is that all laptops are lined up so that people can take a pic and upload it

Remove this Banner Ad

Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back