Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah of course they are allowed to - but part of 'public' includes other people enjoying by themselves. Often larger groups will 'join' you and carry on loudly on purpose in the hope that you move. Numbers win out.
that said if you're taking up an entire bench in an eating area and there are kids there you're a bit of an entitled campaigner if you complain about them having somewhere to eat

that said if you're taking up an entire bench in an eating area and there are kids there you're a bit of an entitled campaigner if you complain about them having somewhere to eat
Yep.

We all need to know how to share. Makes a big difference.

When I'm in the shoes of the family in this scenario, I always offer a polite hello and acknowledgement of the other person. Sometimes even a 'is it okay if we sit here' not that I should have to get their permission but it's kind of nice.

It's groups that say nothing and act like the other person is not even there - clearly trying to muscle them out, that can also be classed as campaigners.

If someone sitting at the other end the nice thing to do is ask .
Bit rude being noisy when the person sitting there was being quiet.
good luck keeping kids quiet

I wasn't talking about kids.
I was talking about people .

Kids part was a different part of my org post. :rolleyesv1: .

Is this going to drag out .
depends if you drag it out I guess

I don't even know if you can pull back crowdstrike updates. Seems weird that admins blindly allow these updates in
The fix turns out to be pretty simple - reboot in safe mode and find any files with a name matching a certain pattern, delete them.

Took all of 30 seconds to fix the issue once the file was identified (my preference would be to remove crowdstrike altogether, but ah well).

Hardest thing was actually finding out how to boot a modern PC into safe mode. what happened to the old F5/F8/F12?

The fix turns out to be pretty simple - reboot in safe mode and find any files with a name matching a certain pattern, delete them.

just gotta do it 8.5m times and any device that can't be remote controlled without windows up has to be done in person

simples

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if we even hvae access to boot into safe mode!
a lot of corporate devices the end user can't do it needs IT

and a lot of places rely on remote offsite support for end user devices

this event is pointing out some pretty major flaws with modern IT setups that will of course be ignored because they don't want to spend money on staff and single OS is "easier" to support

a lot of corporate devices the end user can't do it needs IT

and a lot of places rely on remote offsite support for end user devices

this event is pointing out some pretty major flaws with modern IT setups that will of course be ignored because they don't want to spend money on staff and single OS is "easier" to support
We have one IT guy onsite and the rest is remote. Huge company.

Remove this Banner Ad

Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back