Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunno yet. I’ve had the holter monitor and it’s definitely a problem. Got the echo done today so hopefully the results won’t take too long
All the best. They will look after you and get you right

Thanks GC! I just want it to go away, it's very uncomfortable and keeps me awake most of the night. Beta blockers aren't doing anything. ANNOYING.

when i had my heart problems earlier this year, i couldn't sleep, it was bad, but once it got diagnosed and i got the right drugs, my heart is 3/4 of the way to being better, you will be fine

I'm glad to hear things worked out for you! Do you mind if I ask what the answer was?

I had a chest infection, which spread to my heart and caused heart failure, my heart got down to about 28% of its working capacity, normal heart capacity is around 55- 60%, after 3 months of meds I'm back up to over 40% capacity and feel so much better

Do you drink coffee? I had to stop because of the palpitations, even hours after I'd had it.
I do, I always have and recently have significantly cut down from 6 or 7 coffees a day down to 2 or 3. It hasn't made any difference and the palpies are worse at night, when I stop drinking coffee at about 1pm.

I do, I always have and recently have significantly cut down from 6 or 7 coffees a day down to 2 or 3. It hasn't made any difference and the palpies are worse at night, when I stop drinking coffee at about 1pm.
You were having 6-7 coffees a day?! Goodness me Mebby!

6 or 7 coffees a day
Alison Brie What GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was 6-7 ish as a young’n, drank it like the Brits their tea, although by my twenties I wised up to strict two of a morning. That second an hour or two later is usually sufficient to tackle the day, overkill beyond that.

Last edited:
When I was a smoker, coffee and cigarettes went hand in hand - lost count of the number of coffees a day I had. Now it’s just the one and even that doesn’t like me much

My daughter was recently diagnosed with pericarditis after being sick from XXXXX (the “flu” that can’t be mentioned). She suffers from severe anxiety and initially thought she was having rolling panic attacks - said the palpitations just about drove her insane. On medication now and that’s helped a lot

Hope you get it all sorted real soon

Just bought my first coffee for the day - large, which is 3 shots

I know the drip filter coffee in America is different to our good stuff over here, but it wasn't uncommon for me to have 5 or 6 cups of "bottomless" coffee with breakfast when on holidays over there

It's not uncommon for me to have 2 or 3 coffees a day - depends on the location as to the type of coffee, as I'm a fan of a short macchiato, but it has to be good coffee

Craziest one I've heard though was when getting my morning coffee before work a couple of months back, there was a guy in front of me getting his morning coffee & after he left, the staff member & I were chatting about this other guys coffee order & routine - he starts the day with a large 6-shot coffee, then he'll get to the bakery sometime after 7 for his 2nd large 6-shot coffee. It was mentioned that if he hasn't had his first coffee when he rocks up, it would be very noticeable in terms of the shakes etc

Apparently he has around 20 shots of coffee per day - that I have no idea how that works as surely it can't be good for the body

When I was a smoker, coffee and cigarettes went hand in hand - lost count of the number of coffees a day I had. Now it’s just the one and even that doesn’t like me much

My daughter was recently diagnosed with pericarditis after being sick from XXXXX (the “flu” that can’t be mentioned). She suffers from severe anxiety and initially thought she was having rolling panic attacks - said the palpitations just about drove her insane. On medication now and that’s helped a lot

Hope you get it all sorted real soon
I've had two black coffees and two cigs for breakfast for as long as I can remember and then I only ever drink coffee after that if I'm out.

Did a click and collect order via JB Hifi. Get informed that they're unable to fulfill it but contact us to discuss your options. We've cancelled your order.

What's there to discuss if you've cancelled the order ? Sheeeeesh

* in saying that they would have either still processed the order (with the items that were available). Or they'd have offered to get another copy from another store delivered to them for me to pick up.... or arranged for me to pick it up from xyz.

I just don't get cancelling the order outright after asking too contact them to discuss options (if any).

Did a click and collect order via JB Hifi. Get informed that they're unable to fulfill it but contact us to discuss your options. We've cancelled your order.

What's there to discuss if you've cancelled the order ? Sheeeeesh

* in saying that they would have either still processed the order (with the items that were available). Or they'd have offered to get another copy from another store delivered to them for me to pick up.... or arranged for me to pick it up from xyz.

I just don't get cancelling the order outright after asking too contact them to discuss options (if any).

They either don't have any items you want or too busy and or lazy to do the order.

You prob could walk into the shop and pick up want you want .

Back in the day (25?26?) I lived on office coffee. We had a drip filter (very posh) and I'd do 8-10 cups a day. I got sick of refilling so bought the biggest mug I could find - it was actually for soup. Had 6 of those a day.

Decided to cut down and bang the withdrawals hit. Three days of nausea with the worst headaches imaginable. Didn't have more than three mugs a day after that.

A few years ago I decided to do without, just drink tea instead. It was easy. One day I thought stuffit as I went through a Maccas drivethrough for lunch and ordered a coffee (this was before McCafe). It was like dishwater and I was ever so disappointed, especially when I worked out how long I'd gone without it. 996 ****ing days. So close to 1000 days and I'd blown it for a Maccas mop bucket special.

Nowadays work has a $4500 machine in the lunchroom and I enjoy two utterly awesome flat whites a day, one to start work and the other after lunch.

Green tea the rest of the time.

Funnily enough I popped into the store and it was there. I was perplexed to say the least and had a rather animated discussion with someone behind the counter about it... lol.
Should of said ill just do ya job for you lazy pack of last arse campaigners.
Do I get a discount.

Remove this Banner Ad

Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back