Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back in the day (25?26?) I lived on office coffee. We had a drip filter (very posh) and I'd do 8-10 cups a day. I got sick of refilling so bought the biggest mug I could find - it was actually for soup. Had 6 of those a day.

Decided to cut down and bang the withdrawals hit. Three days of nausea with the worst headaches imaginable. Didn't have more than three mugs a day after that.

A few years ago I decided to do without, just drink tea instead. It was easy. One day I thought stuffit as I went through a Maccas drivethrough for lunch and ordered a coffee (this was before McCafe). It was like dishwater and I was ever so disappointed, especially when I worked out how long I'd gone without it. 996 ****ing days. So close to 1000 days and I'd blown it for a Maccas mop bucket special.

Nowadays work has a $4500 machine in the lunchroom and I enjoy two utterly awesome flat whites a day, one to start work and the other after lunch.

Green tea the rest of the time.
I’m still that first paragraph
8-10 per day

Also due for a holter test early August (can’t get in earlier)
There’ll be hell to pay if I lose my coffee

When electrical taggers come round to your desk and leave a cloud of rampant BO behind.
Sick Vomit GIF by CBS

The enshittification of our lives at the hands of our corporate overlords continues.

aldi potato top 1.jpg
aldi-potato-top-2.jpg

Loved Aldi potato top pies. Nice and deep, rich pastry and a big mound of potato on top.

Something seemed wrong with the latest ones, couldn't put my finger on it. Went to put them in the oven and discovered that yes, the box WAS much thinner than it used to be, and the potato top was squished level with the top of the pastry. No heap, no mound, no nice little piped bits sticking up. Completely flat. No foil bottom, either.

Didn't think I was hallucinating, did a quick google and yes you can see the used-to-be compared with now. They have rescaled the pie pic to make it look bigger and the "serving suggestion" has fluffed up the potato a fair bit. And its gone from 100% Australian Angus Beef to Made With Australian Angus Beef.

Gourmet ****ing selection indeed. Still better than 4'n'20 but I'm left dissatisfied and feeling ripped off. Arseholes.

I went for Brekky to Maccas after CrossFit with some friends. I ordered what I thought was a decaf coffee as there wasn't much else to drink. But it turns out for some reason my app didn't save the decaf option so it wasn't

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had a coffee this morning from Maccas. I thought I had ordered a decaf but after drinking it realised that it was a regular one. Now feeling sick as a dog.
First mistake was ordering coffee at maccas

Guy I know literally interrupts me the moment i start talking and gets louder and louder to get his point across. Will constantly say things like "Don't get me wrong", "I'm not arguing with you" any time you go to speak, but I just give up because it's frustrating.

Other day I'm talking about a topic I'm well versed in and he kept telling me how much he knew about it but he was wrong, and he does this all the time.
Just walk away half way thru what they were saying

Try Angaston. During winter its below zero
Its not that bad
There's colder out this way
Man prices for Gather Round next year have already skyrocketed
Need to pay for the new oval being built?
I'm 15 mins away and wonder how much I can get per room to rent lol
Hose fittings that leak, is there any ****ing brand that doesn’t shit itself
Hoselink
We used them before and will get them for the new house
The enshittification of our lives at the hands of our corporate overlords continues.

View attachment 2059684
View attachment 2059683

Loved Aldi potato top pies. Nice and deep, rich pastry and a big mound of potato on top.

Something seemed wrong with the latest ones, couldn't put my finger on it. Went to put them in the oven and discovered that yes, the box WAS much thinner than it used to be, and the potato top was squished level with the top of the pastry. No heap, no mound, no nice little piped bits sticking up. Completely flat. No foil bottom, either.

Didn't think I was hallucinating, did a quick google and yes you can see the used-to-be compared with now. They have rescaled the pie pic to make it look bigger and the "serving suggestion" has fluffed up the potato a fair bit. And its gone from 100% Australian Angus Beef to Made With Australian Angus Beef.

Gourmet ****ing selection indeed. Still better than 4'n'20 but I'm left dissatisfied and feeling ripped off. Arseholes.
I knew it!

Had no prep food left at end of week and grabbed a box of these out the freezer
Got to work to wrap in baking paper and thought wtf?
No foil and why are they flat??

Remove this Banner Ad

Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back