Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

'' you want me to deliver the bad news? ''

' guess what you're gonna have to tell them'
They don't like to be the bad guy. These people like to blame me and then ask for the poor people to keep paying them big money.

And my colleague will hand me the bad news requests in my inbox and take good news requests out of my inbox to look good.

I am learning how to be hated even more

They don't like to be the bad guy. These people like to blame me and then ask for the poor people to keep paying them big money.

And my colleague will hand me the bad news requests in my inbox and take good news requests out of my inbox to look good.

I am learning how to be hated even more

This is what management get paid to do. Some managers use this as an excuse to be arseholes to people which is wrong of course, but yes management have to have the hard conversations.

I'm lucky i have a director who understand this. Occasionally he gets me to have these conversations but it's not for him to avoid it, just that he's got other shit to do and he knows I'm capable of it and don't mind doing it.

This is what management get paid to do. Some managers use this as an excuse to be arseholes to people which is wrong of course, but yes management have to have the hard conversations.

I'm lucky i have a director who understand this. Occasionally he gets me to have these conversations but it's not for him to avoid it, just that he's got other shit to do and he knows I'm capable of it and don't mind doing it.
I am constantly having to do this because managers dont want to lose their money or clients, and I am a suitable cannon fodder.

When there is good news to give, they are more than happy to give it.

whatever the f*ck monkey pox is

i swear man if we have another pandemic with lockdowns i will lose it
Mpox (monkeypox) is an infectious disease caused by the monkeypox virus. It can cause a painful rash, enlarged lymph nodes and fever. Most people fully recover, but some get very sick.

Anyone can get mpox. It spreads from contact with infected:
persons, through touch, kissing, or sex
animals, when hunting, skinning, or cooking them
materials, such as contaminated sheets, clothes or needles
pregnant persons, who may pass the virus on to their unborn baby

If you have mpox:
Tell anyone you have been close to recently
Stay at home until all scabs fall off and a new layer of skin forms
Cover lesions and wear a well-fitting mask when around other people
Avoid physical contact

Sounds ugly. Spreads by contact, not airborne, so there shouldn't be any community restrictions. There's a big outbreak in Africa atm. About 40 cases have been reported in Aus this year; I'm guessing the sufferers had been in Africa. So if you know anyone who's been there recently, treat with caution.

99.9% recovery rate.

Dealing with Qantas customer service.

Have been given three different prices for a return flight after speaking to three different people in the space of 30 mins.
Always staggers me how ****ing volatile pricing on flights can be like that

'' you want me to deliver the bad news? ''

' guess what you're gonna have to tell them'

giphy-1.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of our old work vehicles had wind up windows instead of electric and my son thought it was from the stone ages or something

work colleague used the word tape in front of his kids when talking about music formats, got absolute blank stares lol
you know tapes, cassettes, cassette tapes
got crickets lol
knew he was old at that moment he reckons

Ergh. The rangehood in my house, currently tenanted, is dead. Kaput. Unalive.
Needs replacing.
On the plus side at least i can get back just over half the cost in my next tax return.

get keys for new place next week and did our own appliances

500 cash just to put a rangehood in, can you try to get half back for me on your rightoff?

im almost glad the kitchen stove dude hasnt rang back prob by 1500 bucks

work colleague used the word tape in front of his kids when talking about music formats, got absolute blank stares lol
you know tapes, cassettes, cassette tapes
got crickets lol
knew he was old at that moment he reckons

get keys for new place next week and did our own appliances

500 cash just to put a rangehood in, can you try to get half back for me on your rightoff?

im almost glad the kitchen stove dude hasnt rang back prob by 1500 bucks
Did you sort the tiling sitch? I don’t think we heard anymore about it, probably did by now

yeah we did :cool:

technically you're not even supposed to go on the property while its being built but we said **** that we are checking stuff.

when we sent the pics in (taken thru the window) they said its prob a good idea you are checking otherwise the handover would've taken longer to fix the **** ups near the end when we would've been itching to get in
the site manager then checked the bathrooms as we couldn't see due to frosted glass and they actually got all that correct

have done final inspect and had an independant guy as well

everything was fine just a hundred or so touch ups in the paint and crap flushing, absolute useless painters tbh
some of the drips and marks were so obvious and just left..silly really when they knew we had an independent inspector and their boss/manager would've made them do it again anyway, just do it right the first time ffs

we get the keys thursday

3 years its taken since we sold up, land took a bit to get going as they were slow but it's all done now

now it's retaining, stormwater plus driveways and paths and a the front to be landscaped which we decided to do separate to save a few $

we didn't unpack about 70% of our stuff and i've forgotten what we even have
one good thing its all packed and is ready to go lol

I’m in the new home space at the moment and what happens is the painters paint before the tilers, plumbers, electricians, etc go through. Then the QA guy goes thru and puts 100 bits of tape all over the house. Which makes the painters look incompetent but in actual fact it’s all the other trades that cause a lot of those things, plasterers a lot of the time. Then the painters go back thru after the other trades are finished. It’s actually a lot easier that way

My favourite cafe has changed hands 😢

Never saw anything official but noticed new people in there and thought maybe the owners are on holidays, but nope, it’s permanent.

They’ve gone from nice fresh rolls and sandwiches to premade stuff and last week my hot chocolate ended up a coffee…Plus they’ve got rid of most of the stuff I used to go in for.

Have to find somewhere else that makes awesome schnitzel rolls now 😢😢

Never saw anything official but noticed new people in there and thought maybe the owners are on holidays, but nope, it’s permanent.

They’ve gone from nice fresh rolls and sandwiches to premade stuff and last week my hot chocolate ended up a coffee…Plus they’ve got rid of most of the stuff I used to go in for.

I'd been going to the same Thai place for 10 years, awesome food, fresh and tasty and always excellent.

Went there last year, had one spoon of my Tom Yum noodle soup and knew something was off. Turns out the grandma had retired and her daughter had taken over cooking, yeah I haven't been back.

Shirley it was doing well before the change..?

Some people have to change things .

When i meet Mrs rocky she was working a butcher they were doing very well...she done the books for the old owner.
New owner went to big and the place went **** up.

I've been going to the same take away place for 15 years ..
One of the old workers brought the place he has great customer service.knows everyone name like cheers.
About a year a go he got a new partner the dude can't even work the cash register his service is poor.
I think the owner could do alot better.

Shirley it was doing well before the change..?

Some people have to change things .

When i meet Mrs rocky she was working a butcher they were doing very well...she done the books for the old owner.
New owner went to big and the place went **** up.

Yeah it was going great guns, always busy so I'm assuming the old owners simply retired.

Part of their changing is to their strengths I imagine given some of the different items.

I’m in the new home space at the moment and what happens is the painters paint before the tilers, plumbers, electricians, etc go through. Then the QA guy goes thru and puts 100 bits of tape all over the house. Which makes the painters look incompetent but in actual fact it’s all the other trades that cause a lot of those things, plasterers a lot of the time. Then the painters go back thru after the other trades are finished. It’s actually a lot easier that way
Painters only put one (spray) coat on anyway knowing they are going back

Remove this Banner Ad

Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back