Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Happily, the Arts Centre exchanged my tickets for me (for a fee of $8.80 lol)
pretty good outcome

the double dipping these days from companies though

Going throw menus i downloaded on my computer from 7-10 years ago makes me cry.

Parma's around 18-19 bucks. Not many meals over 20. Now $20 is the minimum for some starters

I went through a heap of documents on the weekend. Whenever I get something with a warranty I just chuck the receipt into a folder and then bother with it ever again. Anyway I was going through it and I had bought tyres at Jax in 2005. Looking at the invoice I had a service done on the car at the same time and it was $90!!!!!

I went through a heap of documents on the weekend. Whenever I get something with a warranty I just chuck the receipt into a folder and then bother with it ever again. Anyway I was going through it and I had bought tyres at Jax in 2005. Looking at the invoice I had a service done on the car at the same time and it was $90!!!!!
90 bucks wouldn't get you a 20 minute consult these days

Stayed in a place in Tassie near the nut .
15$ steaks .

Yeah.
20 bucks is the opening bid on the menus these days .

The Sir Charles Darling is my go to pub meal in Geelong. The dinner menu has many of the same items as the lunch menu but they bang on another $5 or $6 to the price. Flathead and chips $20/25. Eye fillet $35/41.

I prefer Asian food though and it's better value. You can always find good quality Pad Grapow, Pho, Laksa or Rendang for under $20.

The Sir Charles Darling is my go to pub meal in Geelong. The dinner menu has many of the same items as the lunch menu but they bang on another $5 or $6 to the price. Flathead and chips $20/25. Eye fillet $35/41.

I prefer Asian food though and it's better value. You can always find good quality Pad Grapow, Pho, Laksa or Rendang for under $20.

Used to like the commo before they dud the place up .

Dis like the ponds .

Don't mind the Grovey garden bar..

I loved that place before the new owners took over about 2018/2019

Growing up (teenager) I used to go there for lunch as my mum worked nearby - at the time on the lunch menu was steak with mushroom sauce for like $10/$12

Agree about prefering Asian options, especially if you can find a good place and they definitely are cheaper

Used to like the commo before they dud the place up .

Dis like the ponds .

Don't mind the Grovey garden bar..

Lord of the Isles went broke after Peter Burnett sold it. Now rebadged as St Lords under the Black Rhino corporate brand. Fish and chips $29. Eye fillet $51. I'm not sure who would be paying their own money with these prices?

Lord of the Isles went broke after Peter Burnett sold it. Now rebadged as St Lords under the Black Rhino corporate brand. Fish and chips $29. Eye fillet $51. I'm not sure who would be paying their own money with these prices?
Went to the isles years ago and loved it.

Checked the menu before the game this year and was like nup, **** that. Went to sporting globe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I used to go the semi regularly when they were LOTI, mainly as they were all day dining so you could get a decent meal at 4pm when other kitchens were closed, or you could sit around enjoying a drink etc

It was also a regular meet up place for Geelong fans before our home matches

Went once after the rebranding and never been back

One of my go-tos now is The Valley Inn - good service, always a decent feed and pretty reasonably priced

bit like MrsEddieBetts, we rolled in to a marilyn monroe exhibit in bendigo i think from memory, a few years ago now
drove over from SA and had included it in a bit of a holiday thru to melbs for some footy etc
mrs was pumped as she is a monroe fan
it was on a friday and a saturday
so we roll in on the saturday and i hand over the tickets when we get to the front of the queue only to be told the tickets we had were for friday
my heart fell out of my sock and i could feel the mrs anger/sadness just from standing there
about 5 seconds later the lady tells me there is still a few tickets for today and i can buy them now.
cost me double but god damn i went from near on being glared to death to utter relief in an instant

Not many old style pubs that haven't been done up and ramped the menu.

I remember the port Campbell pub had old style dail up phones

Would rather go to squires loft..

Trying to close a credit card account. I paid off the amount owing and tried to close it but got charged $1.95 processing fee so still had an amount owing. So I put $5 on it and got charged another $1.95 and still can't close it because it's now $1 in credit. FMD.

Last edited:
Trying to close a credit card account. I paid off the amount owing and tried to close it but got charged $1.95 processing fee so still had amount owing. So I put $5 it and got charged another $1.95 and still can't close it because it's now $1 in credit. FMD.
You got charged $1.95 to close the account?

Trying to close a credit card account. I paid off the amount owing and tried to close it but got charged $1.95 processing fee so still had amount owing. So I put $5 it and got charged another $1.95 and still can't close it because it's now $1 in credit. FMD.

If that is Latitude’s 28 Degrees card, BPAY payments attract a $1.95 fee, you should be able to set up a bank transfer to pay the balance without any fee, wait the 3-5 days for it to process and cancel the card in the app.

If that is Latitude’s 28 Degrees card, BPAY payments attract a $1.95 fee, you should be able to set up a bank transfer to pay the balance without any fee, wait the 3-5 days for it to process and cancel the card in the app.
It is. Thanks.

Going throw menus i downloaded on my computer from 7-10 years ago makes me cry.

Parma's around 18-19 bucks. Not many meals over 20. Now $20 is the minimum for some starters
Wednesday night at the mannum community club , $16 schnitzel with any sauce 👌

This is good advice BUT it shouldn’t be that difficult. The fact you can’t call or go online, pay the balance and close it in one go is a joke and most credit cards have some shithousery to do this

Remove this Banner Ad

Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back