Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently there are estimated to be 5000 professional protestors in Victoria. Anti war this week, anti climate next week, anti Israel in between, the same people turn up to them all. Anarchists

Sounds like a bunch of influencers .

That's the other thing that shits me. Inaccurate speedo. Had a Berlina that was dead on, the current Mazda reads 103 when you're doing 100, and the Camry reads 97-98 when you're doing 100. Set the cruise to 100 in the Camry and the GPS on the satnav and phone says you're doing 103 - Victorian ticket territory. I'm sure it can be calibrated but at what cost?

Mine is about 7ks out at 100, so I sit on 110 and it’s 103/4 on the freeway, sit on 120 on the Hume.

That's the other thing that shits me. Inaccurate speedo. Had a Berlina that was dead on, the current Mazda reads 103 when you're doing 100, and the Camry reads 97-98 when you're doing 100. Set the cruise to 100 in the Camry and the GPS on the satnav and phone says you're doing 103 - Victorian ticket territory. I'm sure it can be calibrated but at what cost?
I know it wont happen but if they are truly passionate about road safety then speed alerts should be a major part of the campaign

They do it ( sometimes) at roadworks and outside schools. Why not on major expressways and freeways so we can see what the car is doing - either on cruise or foot use

OMFG I've been trying to listen to the "presidential" "debate" and gave up after half an hour.

The world's ****ed. If Trump wins, the death throes may be a little longer. That's all.
You only just worked that out ?
Covid era seemed to have accelerated everything that’s f*kd in the world

It’s like everyone had excess time to work out how to be more :
Lazy
Scammy
Opinionated
Entitled
Rascist

For a brief moment when we were facing down the barrel of destruction there was a glimmer of hope that humans had worked out we were headed down a shit path and should work together to make a better world

Then just as soon as it was considered it was gone and we all switched on the turbo boosters of the narcissistic capitalist dream

Crying shame , it’s such a nice world but jeez we’ve f*d it !

Last edited:
I know it wont happen but if they are truly passionate about road safety then speed alerts should be a major part of the campaign

They do it ( sometimes) at roadworks and outside schools. Why not on major expressways and freeways so we can see what the car is doing - either on cruise or foot use
i swear there used to be a few of these on freeways and highways and they've replaced them all with cameras

they'd rather get the fine than let people know they are speeding it seems

Used to have them on the major highways, but they eventually stopped fixing them and now I don’t think any are operational.
i swear there used to be a few of these on freeways and highways and they've replaced them all with cameras

they'd rather get the fine than let people know they are speeding it seems

The ones on the Hume were operating till at least 2020, although often one lane wasn’t working.

Was also limited to 117 to stop people trying to see how high they can go!

You only just worked that out ?
Covid era seemed to have accelerated everything that’s f*kd in the world

It’s like everyone had excess time to work out how to be more :
Lazy
Scammy
Opinionated
Entitled
Rascist

For a brief moment when we were facing down the barrel of destruction there was a glimmer of hope that humans had worked out we were headed down a shit path and should work together to make a better world

Then just as soon as it was considered it was gone and we all switched on the turbo boosters of the narcissistic capitalist dream

Crying shame , it’s such a nice world but jeez we’ve f*d it !
Goodwill is a finite resource which is easily superseded by self-interest and self-preservation, which are our earliest survival instincts. Altruism is a learned byproduct of a liberal democratic society.

Whop pays them?
Good question. But there are subversive groups, possibly even directing from overseas. Like after many weeks of university protests it was gradually revealed that a large number of the protesters weren't students at all, some were from outside groups such as Hisb ut-Tahrir. Someone must have supplied all the identical tents, printed the many identical signs and Tshirts. Quite similar to the equipment seen at campuses in the USA. The students spontaneously organised this? I don't think so. :think:

Anarchists are active all over the world, wanting to "bring down systems".

Apparently there are estimated to be 5000 professional protestors in Victoria. Anti war this week, anti climate next week, anti Israel in between, the same people turn up to them all. Anarchists.
The only question i have about this (and i realise its accurate numbers wise and the like).

How do they earn a crust?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good question. But there are subversive groups, possibly even directing from overseas.

Like the current exposure of Russian influence on conservative social media channels shows?

Like after many weeks of university protests it was gradually revealed that a large number of the protesters weren't students at all, some were from outside groups such as Hisb ut-Tahrir.

I don't think individuals hide that they are from different groups. People from different organisations and groups support each other where they see common causes.

People protesting, say, immigrant detention are not all immigrants in detention.

Someone must have supplied all the identical tents,

K-mart?

printed the many identical signs and Tshirts. Quite similar to the equipment seen at campuses in the USA. The students spontaneously organised this? I don't think so. :think:

I don't think they ever claimed that their protests were some sort of spontaneous collaboration. These things take organising. They have organisers. Good organisation keeps things from boiling over, specially when agitators come along to cause trouble, egged on by conservative and alt-right social media personalities.

Anarchists are active all over the world, wanting to "bring down systems".
Yes, they are not shy in saying so.

But not all protesters are anarchists.

Like the current exposure of Russian influence on conservative social media channels shows?

???

I don't think individuals hide that they are from different groups. People from different organisations and groups support each other where they see common causes.

People protesting, say, immigrant detention are not all immigrants in detention.

So what's the common cause here?

K-mart?

You think?

I don't think they ever claimed that their protests were some sort of spontaneous collaboration. These things take organising. They have organisers. Good organisation keeps things from boiling over, specially when agitators come along to cause trouble, egged on by conservative and alt-right social media personalities.
Oh dear
Yes, they are not shy in saying so.

But not all protesters are anarchists.
That's what I said. The true protesters are infiltrated by professional disrupters, who don't care about the sincerity of the protest, just want to make as much trouble as possible. Which helps nobody.

Where is the proof they threw acid?
It’s been pretty widely reported they were throwing an irritant at the cops which was checked after the fact and had “acid” in it. No one has reported sulfuric acid, could be citric acid for all we know.

As a hobby I review whisky, having done 150 reviews or so over the last 4 years.

Posted one during the week where I gave the whisky 1/100 and wrote a longer than normal post around why it's garbage. The post got much, much more engagement than any other post previously, simply because I was more derisive and polarising than normal.

I can see now why news outlets now peddle click bait articles, it gets much more engagement in a way that simple reporting doesn't. We're screwed as a society.

As a hobby I review whisky, having done 150 reviews or so over the last 4 years.

Posted one during the week where I gave the whisky 1/100 and wrote a longer than normal post around why it's garbage. The post got much, much more engagement than any other post previously, simply because I was more derisive and polarising than normal.

I can see now why news outlets now peddle click bait articles, it gets much more engagement in a way that simple reporting doesn't. We're screwed as a society.
What was the whisky? :sweatsmile::tearsofjoy:

It’s been pretty widely reported they were throwing an irritant at the cops which was checked after the fact and had “acid” in it. No one has reported sulfuric acid, could be citric acid for all we know.
Far as I know, the report is based on one statement from VicPol.

Could have been piss and/or vinegar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back