Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

People do that on Facebook too. They also don’t know that they can edit their posts.

People who reply to FB posts with: Following, F or other such random shit rather than clicking the 3 dots and selecting "follow post"

Even worse, those who post "I know I can follow the post but this is easier"

None of that is easier

There's literally an apology in the paper :tearsofjoy:

"We apologise for the incorrect quick crossword which ran in yesterday's paper. The correct version is available on our digital platform."

Unfortunately I don't have a log in to see what the clue was supposed to be.

People who reply to FB posts with: Following, F or other such random shit rather than clicking the 3 dots and selecting "follow post"

None of that is easier
subscribed

I believe "ulnas" is right. The answer was "ulnae", which as I say I don't believe is a collective noun in Australian English.

I've checked the paper today for yesterday's answer - "physicians" was right.

The answer for "ran after"?

"chicks"

What the **** does that even mean? Can I assume the clue was wrong? Who do I complain to at The Age?!

Chat:GPT says ulnae is most commonly accepted but ulnas is also correct. I guess it wouldn't come up too often. If you were in a crash you might break both your ulnas. Or a skeleton factory might have a box of ulnae in the stores.

The only thing I can think of with 'chicks' is something about a chicken run. But chased makes much more sense. That's probably what they have apologised for.

You've just driven down my street???? That's exactly what's happened here. Cleaning service van in the driveway.
This is because some genius decided we needed the gubment to buy one the townhouses where we live. I've just sent an email to the body corporate saying this needs to be cleaned up post haste. flipping fuming now

None of that is easier

In fairness I’ve found the follow this post to be very unreliable and rarely actually works.

Really pissed me off recently I was following an online auction post but after giving me notifications one day, next there were none and it finished with the highest bid being a bit less than I would have paid. But I also didn’t want to push it too high too early.

None of that is easier

I've done the F and the 3 dots but I don't get notifications.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My weekend naps are starting to terrify and annoy me in equal measure. What's meant to be twenty minutes turns into two hours and meanwhile I'm dreaming of stuff that makes me think I'm never waking up again.
the-simpsons-homer-simpson.gif

Wish I could nap.

Barely sleep long enough.

Once I'm up that's it I'm up til late again the next night

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Sounds like me, my wife tells me to go back to sleep, but once I wake up I'm up, unlike my wife who can sleep at the drop of a hat

I go to bed around 9:30-10, wake up at 3 for a piss and back to sleep until 5, plenty of sleep for me I think
Similar - 10pm till first light, which currently is about 5am. Unfortunately that’s getting earlier so might need to deploy a mask soon. I used to wake up during the night but not so often lately.

Sometimes I nod off if I’m reading or watching tv but only for a short time. I find i can’t go to sleep lying down during the day, usually I’m sitting up when I nod off!

A few things.

Prices at Singapore airport. Went to buy a belt as I forgot to pack one. Got to the cash register. $255. Yeah nah. Pass thanks. It was just a plain belt. Nothing fancy.

Frankfurt airport can GAGF. A rabbit warren. Which. when you're on a tight connection. is extremely anxiety producing.

I bought some socks especially for the trip but forgot to pack them. Fortunately the shoes I brought are ok without socks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back