Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

So having been awake since before 2am, the alarm is going off in 15 minutes and I'm only just starting to feel tired. I'm going to be the life of the party at work today.
Sucks. I had one of those nights recently. More due to a few night time drinks than anything.

Do you drink coffee?

I’m not sure, I’m gonna go to a different cardiologist for a second opinion. The one I’m seeing said “stick with this for six months and if it doesn’t work then it’s an ablation”.
probably the best bet, they may look at it from a different approach

My heart meds aren’t working as well as they were 😭 I really don’t want to have surgery at 37
I hope you find a solution

Not saying surgery is easy but the options are quite reasonable

Giving you live in Melbourne there are very good surgical theatres for you to go to . At your age I would suggest an catheter ablation would be the first step

Awkward and uncomfortable but minimal threat and its a day surgery ( dont quote me)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only one or two during the day. Green tea with dinner and thats about it.
Do you find you need it to get on with the day?

I used to drink one each morning, but now it's one every now and again. Anything after about 11AM and it affects my sleep.

All the usual advice we all know anyway - exercise, reduce or eliminate stimulants, all that stuff.

Interesting article I read years ago talked about people who were actually sleeping, but when they woke up at night they underestimated how much sleep they had had, and stressed about it. People were getting an hour/90 mins of sleep between waking, but thought they had 15-30 minutes and then stressed and woke up more frequently and began again.

Knowing this stuff doesn't really help when you're knackered at 4AM.

Finish with a laugh!

Last edited:
Peoples reading comprehension.

Short version is my car is ****ed and needs two parts. Mazda are notoriously expensive and ford sell the same parts for a 10th of the price in a lot of cases. So I posted on this facebook group asking how I go about finding the correct ford part number so I can contact ford and get the part. I made sure it was clear that I knew to go through ford etc. 20 ****ing replies of people telling me not to go to Mazda and to go through Ford but not one actually answering the damn question.

Peoples reading comprehension.

Short version is my car is ****ed and needs two parts. Mazda are notoriously expensive and ford sell the same parts for a 10th of the price in a lot of cases. So I posted on this facebook group asking how I go about finding the correct ford part number so I can contact ford and get the part. I made sure it was clear that I knew to go through ford etc. 20 ****ing replies of people telling me not to go to Mazda and to go through Ford but not one actually answering the damn question.
Similar with online replies to requests for help on programming or IT.

Or OP follows up with "never mind I worked it out," but doesn't give their fix.

Remove this Banner Ad

Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back