Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Doing a farm tour on the WE.

Bloody owner said 3pm.thats fine .
Then changed to 9am...ok that's fine .
So look at things to do in the afternoon...lucky didn't book anything else.
Had a few things planned.

Then changed it back to 3pm.
Just means I won't travel to far away.

Beggers can't be chooses.i guess.

Doing a farm tour on the WE.

Bloody owner said 3pm.thats fine .
Then changed to 9am...ok that's fine .
So look at things to do in the afternoon...lucky didn't book anything else.
Had a few things planned.

Then changed it back to 3pm.
Just means I won't travel to far away.

Beggers can't be chooses.i guess.
That you Bailey?

Having the week from hell. I'll start by saying my wife is currently 40+ weeks pregnant. Our 18th month old (god bless him) is as needy as he's ever been and she just doesn't have the energy.

• Last Wednesday the truck backed into my parked car. Haven't been able to ID the rego plate and the police (unsurprisingly) haven't followed up.
  • Friday night/Saturday morning my wife started having contractions/tightening's. Lasted for several hours, only to settle. Had a follow up with her midwife (my wife is a midwife herself) and was told it's almost certain she'll need to have a caesarean. That's upset her no end but she's coming to terms with it the longer it goes on.
  • Saturday night we decided to go out to a food festival to cheer ourselves up. On the way back, hit a pothole the size of Tasmania and blew out 2 tyres that needed replacing asap (in case she went into labour). Was doing 25km/h under the speed limit when I hit the pothole.
  • Last night my parents offered us their old dining table. It's bigger and an improvement on ours. Great! In the process of taking my old one out, Dad and I didn't realise the glass was held to the frame by suction cups. Completely my error - the suction couldn't handle the pressure when we tipped it up and it smashed into our kitchen cupboards. Glass absolutely everywhere - two cupboards now need replacing, a kickboard and a tile that got chipped.
I'm honestly getting to the point where I'm worried to hold this newborn when it turns up - everything I touch in the last week has ended up turning into somewhat of a disaster...

Having the week from hell. I'll start by saying my wife is currently 40+ weeks pregnant. Our 18th month old (god bless him) is as needy as he's ever been and she just doesn't have the energy.

• Last Wednesday the truck backed into my parked car. Haven't been able to ID the rego plate and the police (unsurprisingly) haven't followed up.
  • Friday night/Saturday morning my wife started having contractions/tightening's. Lasted for several hours, only to settle. Had a follow up with her midwife (my wife is a midwife herself) and was told it's almost certain she'll need to have a caesarean. That's upset her no end but she's coming to terms with it the longer it goes on.
  • Saturday night we decided to go out to a food festival to cheer ourselves up. On the way back, hit a pothole the size of Tasmania and blew out 2 tyres that needed replacing asap (in case she went into labour). Was doing 25km/h under the speed limit when I hit the pothole.
  • Last night my parents offered us their old dining table. It's bigger and an improvement on ours. Great! In the process of taking my old one out, Dad and I didn't realise the glass was held to the frame by suction cups. Completely my error - the suction couldn't handle the pressure when we tipped it up and it smashed into our kitchen cupboards. Glass absolutely everywhere - two cupboards now need replacing, a kickboard and a tile that got chipped.
I'm honestly getting to the point where I'm worried to hold this newborn when it turns up - everything I touch in the last week has ended up turning into somewhat of a disaster...
Oh Jatzy what a week!

Did the midwife say why your wife needs a c section? You don’t have too share if too private of course.

If it makes you feel any better, HBF brought A up to the hospital when D was born. A took one look at him and fled the room screaming and had to be chased down 😂. One to two is a big adjustment for everyone but you’re a great dad and you’ll find your groove ❤️

Oh Jatzy what a week!

Did the midwife say why your wife needs a c section? You don’t have too share if too private of course.

If it makes you feel any better, HBF brought A up to the hospital when D was born. A took one look at him and fled the room screaming and had to be chased down 😂. One to two is a big adjustment for everyone but you’re a great dad and you’ll find your groove ❤️
Hahaha I can imagine J having a similar response to A - especially when the newborn starts crying :tearsofjoy:

Will shoot you a message.

How come she doesn't want a C-section mate? Getting to the point now where it's the most safe thing to do?
My mate had a medically recommended c section for her only kid and it's always gnawed at her that she wasn't able to give birth naturally.

How come she doesn't want a C-section mate? Getting to the point now where it's the most safe thing to do?
Several reasons - the recovery is obviously a lot more difficult with an 18 month old when she can't lift anything/drive etc.

Means she can't put him to bed, change his nappy on the change table etc. Everything just becomes more difficult.

I think mostly though, she wanted to experience the more 'natural' child birth journey. Something intrinsic I guess. I'll be the first to admit I don't quite understand that pull but I'm obviously male and it's not my stomach that they'll be cutting open for the second time. Just trying to support her as best I can while obviously still looking out for her and babies best interest.

We've got a c-section booked in for next week, she just wants to give it as much time as is healthy to do so.

What’s this theory based on

It’s the easiest thing for hospitals to do not necessarily what’s best for mum

My daughters C was a nightmare and it now turns out that if she had held her ground, her baby could of been safely delivered vaginally

Would of changed the trauma for mum and Bub, quicker recovery, no infection and all round a much nicer experience

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I stand to be corrected but i believe the birth trauma studies indicate that elective C's had a SUBSTANTIALLY lower rate of trauma than vaginal or emergency C births.

Id never dream of telling any woman how to give birth but it seems very much like some antiquated thinking on vaginal being a more natural "journey" same as telling women not to take painkillers etc etc.

I hope it all goes okay Jatz

I stand to be corrected but i believe the birth trauma studies indicate that elective C's had a SUBSTANTIALLY lower rate of trauma than vaginal or emergency C births.

Id never dream of telling any woman how to give birth but it seems very much like some antiquated thinking on vaginal being a more natural "journey" same as telling women not to take painkillers etc etc.

I hope it all goes okay Jatz
Couldn’t agree more. My elective c section was a dream and my vbac was a nightmare I couldn’t wake up from for a long time.

It's time like this that make me glad we can't stand children and chosen never to have any
African American Reaction GIF

What’s this theory based on

It’s the easiest thing for hospitals to do not necessarily what’s best for mum

My daughters C was a nightmare and it now turns out that if she had held her ground, her baby could of been safely delivered vaginally

Would of changed the trauma for mum and Bub, quicker recovery, no infection and all round a much nicer experience
I meant just based on how far along she is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back