Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

ANZ is my bank and their security is pretty good compared to other banks here.

My only real problem with them was charging excess eftpos transaction fees when they keep closing down their ATMs to get cash.

I went and complained about it at one of the few branches they have left and it seems like they have put a stop to that nonsense.

I work for a large IT company and security testing shows about half the company can't spot a phishing attempt

There is regular training on this including fake phishing done by the company that requires you to redo the training if you click the link in the email

Companies are generally not great at security but neither are most people

The Medibank breach a guy was approving access requests on his phone that he didn't make

You know the is this you pop ups

Most people don't really get the risks

Last edited:
I work for a large IT company and security testing shows about half the datfd can't spot a phishing attempt

There is regular training on this including fake phishing done by the company that requires you to redo the training if you click the link in the email

Companies are generally not great at security but neither are most people

The Medibank breach a guy was approving access requests on his phone that he didn't make

You know the is this you pop ups

Most people don't really get the risks
There is still a generation who were RickRolled who refuse to click ANY link

Some people are more to blame than their banks for security.

People that get a text or a call from a person pretending to be their bank telling them to transfer their money into another account

Then they complain that they lost all their money, no banks ever do that and surely you would ring your bank to see if it was legit.

They aren't all old people either, some of them are younger people that are just dumb.

People that get a text or a call from a person pretending to be their bank telling them to transfer their money into another account

Then they complain that they lost all their money, no banks ever do that and surely you would ring your bank to see if it was legit.

They aren't all old people either, some of them are younger people that are just dumb.
Scanmers exist because people can be tricked
Everyone also thinks they'll never be scammed or click a bad link etc

Never be panicked into doing something

You also never know what's going on in a person's life when it happens

$20 voucher, minimum spend $50

Browse site. Heaps of cool things for $49.99

Voucher doesn't work. 1 cent short.
Simpsons Thats The Joke GIF

Okay, explain then how you were conned into being a St Kilda supporter ? I would argue that is more painful/soul destroying than anyone being fleeced out of their live savings :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Things that sh*t me the seventeenth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back