Society & Culture Things you do/did that you probably think no one else does the sequel; More Things

Remove this Banner Ad

I just found out tonight that Jan Levinson from The (US) Office is the daugher of Deep Throat from the X Files

jan-levinson-boobs.gif

images

I have a more positive view of people than that, i think the vast majority of people are good
My view is probably shaded by my depression and anxiety.

I have a thing with the number 3

When I fuel up I have to stop at either the dollar amount or litres on multiples of 3 ( if I can get both it’s like a rare jackpot )

When I brush my teeth and have a glass of water the swallows are in multiples of 3

There is probably lots of others like my house number or birthday but if I can’t get a straight forward formula to add up I’ll come up with another calculation that is divisible by 3 to make it work
I am no expert, but:

A psychologist friend (fellow prep dad back in the day) said that with these things it's not about the behaviours, it's whether they interfere with your life to an unacceptable degree.

I think the convo was about one kid needing to have a particular toy with him, and spend time running around outside with it. The family forgot it on holiday and the kid refused to do anything until he got the toy and did his little ritual - they had to get someone to overnight it to them. Up until that point, it was just a kid playing. At that point it became a worry and they needed a bit of guidance.

Stressing about what the behaviour means isn't productive. You do need to worry about what it interferes with, whether it extensively impacts your life, your health or the people around you.

That was what he said, anyway. I am no expert.

I am no expert, but:

A psychologist friend (fellow prep dad back in the day) said that with these things it's not about the behaviours, it's whether they interfere with your life to an unacceptable degree.

I think the convo was about one kid needing to have a particular toy with him, and spend time running around outside with it. The family forgot it on holiday and the kid refused to do anything until he got the toy and did his little ritual - they had to get someone to overnight it to them. Up until that point, it was just a kid playing. At that point it became a worry and they needed a bit of guidance.

Stressing about what the behaviour means isn't productive. You do need to worry about what it interferes with, whether it extensively impacts your life, your health or the people around you.

That was what he said, anyway. I am no expert.
I think this is right. There's a tipping point. We had neighbours of whom the wife would get up in the middle of every night to put a load of washing through the machine, even if there was only a small amount. Her husband said she did the same wherever they were, at home or staying elsewhere, even overseas. But he said it was a harmless habit that they were both used to and otherwise everything else was normal life.

I’m like this and I guess that’s why I stay away from people because they do more harm than good.
Most people are ok .I guess.

Some can shit ya to no end.

I remember this British older stuck up couple.they were using the bbq I said sing out when your done..OK sir.

I was in the pool for over an hour.
Shirley must be ready.

They were all eating drinking wine I can her the mum go ohhh that time at Buckingham in the snob voice.

Bbq ready oh we just cooking dessert.
Should of been here 40 mins ago.FFS.

Then we don't need to clean it our daughter lives here ...We guests.

Ok we were guests too .
But clean up after you ...

Where I am staying noone here.
Feels strange not having a key .

must marathon the entire nine seasons (i think it was) of the xfiles again
its been far too long

It really is one of the best/most layered US shows ever made (and one that still ages very well today)

I love the Smoking Man's grudge and curse against the Buffalo Bill's (which still holds today)

Part of the magic is its never explained why he hates The Bills so much (although I do wish he cursed the Philadelphia Eagles or New York Giants instead as a Patriots fan ;) )

i can remember waiting each week for a new ep and being pissed it wasnt a continuation of the underlying story about his sister being taken and it was some stand alone ep about some monster or strange event, which were always good but i just wanted that abduction storyline

The plots around season 4-5 and the movie about the government using Vaccines as some kind of mind control and setting the stage for an alien invasion is amusing to say the least (on several levels)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Society & Culture Things you do/did that you probably think no one else does the sequel; More Things

Remove this Banner Ad

Back