This may have an obvious answer, but Angus Graham...

Remove this Banner Ad

I would say NO he is not finnished but by god it's a big hill for him to climb.

I mean it's not like we have them lining up for the ruck spot so in all likelyhood and as poor as Gus may be we don't want to be in the Hawks position and have a bloke like Jack rucking do we? Gus will likely stay as insurance if nothing else.

I hope like hell we are scouring the country for a half decent mature aged ruck who may fill a hole for a year or two because we are several years from Vicks or Browne (who are both still learning to crawl) being AFL rucks.:(

if he can take a few more pack marks then he will offer us something. but he is not doing it in VFL so probably wont at AFL.

Is he finished?

no, not at all, just finding it extremely difficult to break into our lineup, if he were listed with any other club without such prodigious talents as Vickery and the warhorse in simmo, he would be selected ea week. He may very well find himself traded, with ESS reportedly eyeing him very closely

I think WCE are interested, they're not convinced Nic Nat and Cox will be able to shoulder the ruck on their own.

Seriously though, I really liked him last year I though he showed a bit. Dunno what's happened.

I think WCE are interested, they're not convinced Nic Nat and Cox will be able to shoulder the ruck on their own.

Seriously though, I really liked him last year I though he showed a bit. Dunno what's happened.

thats just it anyone can look okay even me at my age. the nuts and bolts of it all is simple. yep he was going to show a bit at some stage but his weaknesses were always going to determine if he was good enough. why is it we always ignore players weaknesses. especially chronic weakness like grahams.

Honest question from an outsider - What does Troy Simmonds provide (both now and in the future) for Richmond that Angus Graham doesn't? Considering that he wasn't bad last year, I've been genuinely suprised to see that Graham hasn't cracked the Seniors so far this year.
do you want him you can have him and cheap, we will take your 3rd rounder for him a pick somewhere in the 50s.

Honest question from an outsider - What does Troy Simmonds provide (both now and in the future) for Richmond that Angus Graham doesn't? Considering that he wasn't bad last year, I've been genuinely suprised to see that Graham hasn't cracked the Seniors so far this year.
It's a very good question. I guess this might provide some explanation -

Had a loooong chat with a friend from the club about pretty much everything I could think of

Troy Simmonds:
Utmost respect for the fella, decided to retire last year but Hardwick basically told him we had no one else and needed him to stay. Extremely switched on at training physically and mentally, vocal and tries his heart out which is why he's perfect example for the leadership group. He's here simply for us, not for himself.

Angus Graham:
Complete spud apparently, certain delist at the end of the year, unwieldy and doesn't know what to do. Don't cast any bets on him.

Remove this Banner Ad

This may have an obvious answer, but Angus Graham...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back