Thoughts on Collingwood's win v Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

A little humility please. If the ball had bounced slightly differently to Milne in the first GF last year you would not be experiencing your current feeling of invulnerability.

but it didn't, all we ever copped as Pie fans in previous years was shut up until you achieve something, well hey, we acheived something, and we're looking pretty bloody good to achieve more.

I don't think we were even pressing that much, Collingwood had more I50s for the game. However when we did get it in we were kicking goals, because of our direct entry gameplan.

In the last part of the game we couldn't get any I50s at all. Couldn't even get the ball.

This......the press is the biggest load of b0ll0cks in AFL at the moment.

Adelaide didn't use a press, they smashed us in the middle and then had time to structure their defence properly....allowing them to get easy turn-overs and thus attack on the rebound from their own defensive 50.

The myth that is the 'forward press' is about keeping the ball in your forward line and not letting the opposition into their's.....Collingwood had little trouble getting the ball into our forward line....ie Adelaide employed no Press.

Collingwood took over when L.Ball, Pendles and Daisy started winning the centre clearances, when Maxwell was moved down back and we had Tarrant in his role who actually knows how to play as a forward.

NOTHING to do with a fecking press for fecks sake.

but it didn't, all we ever copped as Pie fans in previous years was shut up until you achieve something, well hey, we acheived something, and we're looking pretty bloody good to achieve more.
Sure, but good as you can be you can't control your season like you imply

Thankfully the Grand Final is in October this year, increasing the chances of a good day weather wise.

There's almost no doubt the Cats are the best wet weather team in the comp, well at least out of the top 4-5 teams anyway.

I don't know if the Cats or Hawks could match us on a dry day, simply because we haven't seen that this year yet, I'd love for the round 15 game versus the Hawks to be a dry, sunny Sunday arvo at the MCG, it would be a great indication as to how good both teams actually are.[/quote]
lets just say if we continue the way we have the past couple of weeks, get past both freo and the cats in particular everything will be set for the game of the season, 2 teams with super talented lists of players going head to head.

the eagles will test the pies this weekend, they have the press working exceptionally well and they have the tall timber up forward to cause real problems. Seeing how they go against sides in the 8 and going well will determine how good they actually are.

A little humility please. If the ball had bounced slightly differently to Milne in the first GF last year you would not be experiencing your current feeling of invulnerability.

So suggesting the reigning premier and widely regarded best team in the comp will win the GF if they hit peak form at the right time is not humble enough for you...?

tredrea-5668856.jpg

the eagles will test the pies this weekend, they have the press working exceptionally well and they have the tall timber up forward to cause real problems. Seeing how they go against sides in the 8 and going well will determine how good they actually are.

Depends on what mind set we come out with, we can just go through the motions and win by 5 goals or we could make a statement and win by 15 goals, neither would surprise me, but know this, WC will not win the game.

Depends on what mind set we come out with, we can just go through the motions and win by 5 goals or we could make a statement and win by 15 goals, neither would surprise me, but know this, WC will not win the game.

Will have little to do with mind set. If this game was in Perth the Eagles would be even money if not favourites.

Will have little to do with mind set. If this game was in Perth the Eagles would be even money if not favourites.

Pray-tell, why would they be even favourites? Call me arrogant, but we travel well, GABBA seems to be the only place we slip up often on, not Subi, we have usually matched up well against the Eagles, and if they are employing a variation of our game style, we'd know what sort of cracks to exploit.

Eagles wouldn't be a far margin, but definitely not equal or outright favourites by changing the venue, especially against the Magpies.

Pray-tell, why would they be even favourites? Call me arrogant, but we travel well, GABBA seems to be the only place we slip up often on, not Subi, we have usually matched up well against the Eagles, and if they are employing a variation of our game style, we'd know what sort of cracks to exploit.

Eagles wouldn't be a far margin, but definitely not equal or outright favourites by changing the venue, especially against the Magpies.

What you dont think travelling to Perth to play them in this kind of form would be slightlty harder than the last few trips?

What you dont think travelling to Perth to play them in this kind of form would be slightlty harder than the last few trips?

No because Fremantle were in top form when we went there last year. It was first vs 2nd and we beat them by 6 goals. The venue doesn't worry good teams. If you are good enough you will win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No because Fremantle were in top form when we went there last year. It was first vs 2nd and we beat them by 6 goals. The venue doesn't worry good teams. If you are good enough you will win.

Remember that game. Collingwood were playing far better than they are now and Freo werent playing as well as WC right now.

Remember that game. Collingwood were playing far better than they are now and Freo werent playing as well as WC right now.

Not going to debate this, but both teams were even favourites for a reason: Both had shown pretty good form up to that game, not because of locale or injuries.

Freo didn't have Tarrant, which did not make it easier, but we were far from playing "far better" than them.

WTF, you need help dude, last years wooden spooners who have lost 3 games already this year up against last years premiers who have lost one (to the top team by 3 points), you really are hurting aren't you?

West Coast has won every contested ball count this year they just havn't used the ball as well in the losses. They have improved their ball use over the last 2 weeks and if they bring that into the Pies game I think they will be in with a good shot to win.

Really?
Please expand on how you have decided this?

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts on Collingwood's win v Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back