Thoughts on the Line up for Sunday

Remove this Banner Ad

if you think newman has done well tell me wtf goose maguire has been doing great job their :thumbsu:

pretty good stuff from richosguns, if their ever was a time for deledio and tambling and maybe meyer to have an impact its against that carlton midfield which is about as hard as a 90 year old mans ****

dont underate their backline though, its always good to bag walker and ohailpin but they are improving alot

Thornton will take Richo. He always does. Why would it change?
If we apply pressure in the middle and, more importantly, apply pressure to them when they are coming out of defence, there's no reason why Gas can't keep fev to four goals, which would be a win for us.
Seriously, our lack of pressure in our own 50m arc has been pathetic for as long as I can remember.

If we apply pressure in the middle and, more importantly, apply pressure to them when they are coming out of defence, there's no reason why Gas can't keep fev to four goals, which would be a win for us.
Seriously, our lack of pressure in our own 50m arc has been pathetic for as long as I can remember.

I hope richo tears him a new one.

The thing is - if Thornton takes Richo - who does O'Halpin play on? Sarge?

While we know Thornton can take Richo and has done well on him at times, you'd think Wallace will start Richo deep and try and take advanatge of the "hands in the back rule". The blues would like Thornton up the field a bit, so they may put O'Halpin on Richo and free up Thornton.

Sure an underdone Richo might carve up O'Halpin - but Carlton have a plan B - and how long will Richo be capable of playign for anyway?

What's your thoughts on our line up for sunday?.Here's my team anyway.
B: J. King ,D.Gaspar,J.Bowden
HB: P.Bowden,G.Polak,A.Raines
C: R.Tambling,S.Tuck,B.Deledio
HF K.Pettifer, J.Schulz, C. Howat
F A.Pattison,M.Richardson,N.Brown
R T.Knobel,N.Foley,K.Johnson
I/C D.Polo,L.McGuane,A.Krakouer,G.Tivendale

Em. Hughes, White, Hyde

Few changes.
Bling to the wing.
Tiv to the Bench
White omitted
King Included.
Paddy to back flank
King to back pocket.
Hyde Omitted
Howat included onto forward flank
Newman out (Needs a week in VFL I think.)
McGuane in
Krak to bench
Pattison to forward pocket.

Heh didnt think I';d get that much change out of it. :eek:

But yep thats my line-up(+ how I think Tez will line us up.) :thumbsu:

My shot at it:

B: Patrick - Gas - Raines
HB: Joel - Polak - Polo
C: Newman - Tuck - Deledio
HF: Pettifer - Schulz - Tambling
F: Krakouer - Richo - Brown

1R: Pattison - Johnson - Foley

Int: Hyde - Tivendale - Howat - McGuane/Knobel

Emg: King - Moore - White

Knobel has to take McGuane's spot but I'm sure I read somewhere he was playing.

I think we should try and stretch them by starting Polak in the forward line. Cant let them have Thornton as a loose man in defence becasue on NAB Cup form he will cut off everything. Joel will more than handle Whitnall and i would think he would get more of the ball on Lance rather than on a player like Fisher anyway (hes the AA CHB lets not forget).

B: J. King ,D.Gaspar,J.Bowden
HB: P.Bowden,G.Polak,A.Raines
C: R.Tambling,S.Tuck,B.Deledio
HF K.Pettifer, J.Schulz, C. Howat
F A.Pattison,M.Richardson,N.Brown
R T.Knobel,N.Foley,K.Johnson
I/C D.Polo,L.McGuane,A.Krakouer,G.Tivendale

Honestly not trolling, just love team selections.

Good defensive set up by the Tigers but I think Tambling will be on the wing. Would have to have Hyde, he always finds space against us - maybe we will rate him this year and tag him but I think the weak spot is your forward line. I know you'll all think thats a positive for you but I think you'll have to play Richo up ground to get it from the middle.

The ruck will be a nil-all draw so Foley is very important. Foley v Bentick looks important - who would have thought that? We have some back-up extractors to shrae the load but I'm not sure who else on your list would do that.

Johnson - he's not going to tag this year again is he?

Russell will be on Deledio in a stern test for both. Russell is a fast kid of size so Delids doesnt have any natural advantages - just footy smarts I guess. I think the clearances and your ability to find a loose running man in defence through the Bowdens _+ Raines + Howat will be how you would win the game.

Honestly not trolling, just love team selections.

Would have to have Hyde, he always finds space against us - maybe we will rate him this year and tag him but I think the weak spot is your forward line.
Johnson - he's not going to tag this year again is he?

Hardly trolling with a post like that:thumbsu: Agree with Hyde on last years two games, although he may be overlooked for Howatt this year.

You must be worried about Johnson tagging Stevens out of the game....again....understandable;)

Hardly trolling with a post like that:thumbsu: Agree with Hyde on last years two games, although he may be overlooked for Howatt this year.

You must be worried about Johnson tagging Stevens out of the game....again....understandable;)

Nah, not really. Stevens will naturally be moving to 3rd or 4th best midfielder as time progresses. Johnson is a nice tall midfielder but I just cant help but feel hes a waste as a tagger. You gave up alot for him and you should use his ball carrying ability. This comes from a fan of a Club that seemingly wants to make everyone a tagger!

This year if Stevens is getting killed he'll just get plonked on the flanks, either defensive (where Johnson wont hurt us) or offensive while others will be asked to pick up the slack. Not saying we can win that way but the midfield spread is much improving.

You have a few guys that the competition just dont rate yet. Schulz, Tivendale, Krakouer...looms as a very important year for each of them. Either Pattison or Schulz needs to stand up as a key forward to allow Brown to play a bit closer to goal IMHO.

Looking forward to the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts on the Line up for Sunday

Remove this Banner Ad

Back