Tiger's players you have met or have signed memorabilia from

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 16, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dimma's wife
I haven't met many to be honest..I can never get down to training or anything.

I met Richardson in Frankston. He was signing topless posters of himself and he looked annoyed that he had to be there for so long. Good bloek though..shame the poster ripped and fell off my wall :eek:

I met Aaron Fiora and some other draftee from around the same time, absolute w***er IMO. Can't remember why exactly but him and his team mate weren't exactly encouraging towards the kids who said they wanted to play in the AFL. Also met 3 or 4 other draftees but doubt any of them made it. Met Hutchison too because his wife worked at my Primary School, very nice guy shame he left the coaching position he had

Ben Holland, he walked past and he smiled because my face was literally :eek: at how bloody tall he was. (i was only young)

Nick Daffy was pushing people out of his way inside the stands at one of the grounds as though they were the paparazzi or something, was funny because nobody even recognised him and he was acting as though he was being hounded

I have a select footy card signed by Darren Gasper, used to love watching him play

Also the signed Ben Cousins DVD..not sure if that counts though

Would be good to hear some otherstories

i haven't met many to be honest..i can never get down to training or anything.

I met richardson in frankston. He was signing topless posters of himself and he looked annoyed that he had to be there for so long. Good bloek though..shame i ripped the poster off my wall in disgust, when he missed a crucial goal from 10m out one day :eek:

i met aaron fiora and some other draftee from around the same time, absolute w***er imo. Can't remember why exactly but him and his team mate weren't exactly encouraging towards the kids who said they wanted to play in the afl. Also met 3 or 4 other draftees but doubt any of them made it. Met hutchison too because his wife worked at my primary school, very nice guy shame he left the coaching position he had

ben holland, he walked past and he smiled because my face was literally :eek: At how bloody tall he was. (i was only young)

nick daffy was pushing people out of his way inside the stands at one of the grounds as though they were the paparazzi or something, was funny because nobody even recognised him and he was acting as though he was being hounded

i have a select footy card signed by darren gasper, used to love watching him play

also the signed ben cousins dvd..not sure if that counts though

would be good to hear some otherstories

efa :)

I met Richardson in Frankston. He was signing topless posters of himself and he looked annoyed that he had to be there for so long. Good bloek though..shame the poster ripped and fell off my wall :eek:

I met Aaron Fiora and some other draftee from around the same time, absolute w***er IMO. Can't remember why exactly but him and his team mate weren't exactly encouraging towards the kids who said they wanted to play in the AFL. Also met 3 or 4 other draftees but doubt any of them made it. Met Hutchison too because his wife worked at my Primary School, very nice guy shame he left the coaching position he had

Ben Holland, he walked past and he smiled because my face was literally :eek: at how bloody tall he was. (i was only young)

Nick Daffy was pushing people out of his way inside the stands at one of the grounds as though they were the paparazzi or something, was funny because nobody even recognised him and he was acting as though he was being hounded

I have a select footy card signed by Darren Gasper, used to love watching him play

Also the signed Ben Cousins DVD..not sure if that counts though

Would be good to hear some otherstories

I had exactly the same experience with Daffy as a kid when i went to richmond training. Knights and Campbell standing there signing hats and posters for an hour, daffy comes busting through knocking a few kids over on his way, hops in his porsche, yells out at richo to get the hell in the car (or something along those lines - Richo was signing autographs with knights and campbell at the time) and then nearly hits a crowd of kids as he is speeding off.

Have met Richo a few times. Absolutely fantastic guy.

As stated above, Knights and Campbell are gentlemen. So was Ben Holland. Met Craig Ednie, Marc Dragacevic and (I think) Aaron Fiora when they came to my school. Can't remember much but I remember being a big Draga fan.

Met Kane Johnson at the shops in Prahran, he was very friendly.

Gaspar bought the house my uncle used to rent and was his landlord for a while - apparently also a good bloke.

I think thats about it. Scariest footballer I've ever seen in real life is the G-Train - just absolutely huge.

Met both Cogs and Lids at a camera store promotion about 2005 with some snaps taken...Cogs was friendly as hell, lids was just a kid and shy as hell he didn't a word at all, I can't believe the change in personalty these days he's very talkative.

I had exactly the same experience with Daffy as a kid when i went to richmond training. Knights and Campbell standing there signing hats and posters for an hour, daffy comes busting through knocking a few kids over on his way, hops in his porsche, yells out at richo to get the hell in the car (or something along those lines - Richo was signing autographs with knights and campbell at the time) and then nearly hits a crowd of kids as he is speeding off.

As stated above, Knights and Campbell are gentlemen. So was Ben Holland. Met Craig Ednie, Marc Dragacevic and (I think) Aaron Fiora when they came to my school. Can't remember much but I remember being a big Draga fan.

Gaspar bought the house my uncle used to rent and was his landlord for a while - apparently also a good bloke.

I think thats about it. Scariest footballer I've ever seen in real life is the G-Train - just absolutely huge.

I bumped into him in a men's toilet once years ago when I did a delivery at his building where he worked at the time, he came out of the cublicle when I was washing my hands but the dirty bugger never washed his after doing a number 2.

In the 90's as a kid I used to wait after the game outside the change rooms/ground for players to leave and get photos and autographs with them.

Met the likes of both Gales and Kellaways, Bond, Daffy, Knights, Charles, Dear, Richo etc.. had photos as a 12 yr old them and many signed (went back the week later and got them signed). Also a cousin of mine was out and met Tony Free and he knew he was my favourite player at the time so he got him to write a little message and sign a napkin.

Still have a look at these every now and then.

In the 90's as a kid I used to wait after the game outside the change rooms/ground for players to leave and get photos and autographs with them.

Met the likes of both Gales and Kellaways, Bond, Daffy, Knights, Charles, Dear, Richo etc.. had photos as a 12 yr old them and many signed (went back the week later and got them signed). Also a cousin of mine was out and met Tony Free and he knew he was my favourite player at the time so he got him to write a little message and sign a napkin.

Still have a look at these every now and then.

Also met him in men's toilet of a nightclub many years ago, he was plastered.

I've been to training numerous times but i can recall one incident which will probaly last with me forever..........well maybe not, you decide

The season was 2002, i was 11, bitterly dissapointed as we all were with the teams performances, it was about rd 14 or 15. My mum and i hung around with 10 or 20 others watching them train and getting autographs and photos, it was a good time.

So i asked for an autograph from Chris Hyde when he was walking up to the rooms, he stood there, looked at me, then pushed me out of the way like i didn't matter, i was almost heartbroken. Never liked the guy after that, was a dud on the field as well

Thankfully, David Rodan who was in his 1st year with the club came over and offered to sign the ball i was holding and have a photo with me. All i remember was he was such a talkitive and friendly guy, really sad to see him do his knee a 3rd time

I have met Richo, hell of a guy.
Andy Krakouer and Nathan Brown came to my Auskick many years ago. Kraks at the time has just hitting form great form, shame what happened to him, but all the best now.

I'm pretty sure I met Stafford once....

And just on a side, I saw Dane Swan in customs once...

When in primary school, I met Richo and Kane Johnson at a function. Was pretty exciting.

Other players I've met:

James Hird: Don't know why but he was really grumpy @ another primary school function, thought he was a w***er.

Matthew Lloyd: Was much better than Hird. Got a signed hat :)

Stevey J: Funny as guy, liked him. Signed my Richmond shirt (??? idk).

I'm also directly related to Carji Greeves (=

When in primary school, I met Richo and Kane Johnson at a function. Was pretty exciting.

Other players I've met:

James Hird: Don't know why but he was really grumpy @ another primary school function, thought he was a w***er.

Matthew Lloyd: Was much better than Hird. Got a signed hat :)

Stevey J: Funny as guy, liked him. Signed my Richmond shirt (??? idk).

I'm also directly related to Carji Greeves (=

Hird lol, met him that day we came back to beat the bummers in the 1995 semi final. I was working as a security guard at southgate at the time, he ask me where the toilet was after I told him I said bad luck today he said yeah,yeah,yeah looked pissed off.:D

Was having a coffee with my young son and wife in Richmond when I spotted Tony Free and Stuart Wigney at another table. My son couldn't take his eyes off Tony and when freezer noticed this he came to our table and asked if we were Richmond supporters. When we said yes he asked my boy to join him and Stuart at their table:thumbsu:

Was having a coffee with my young son and wife in Richmond when I spotted Tony Free and Stuart Wigney at another table. My son couldn't take his eyes off Tony and when freezer noticed this he came to our table and asked if we were Richmond supporters. When we said yes he asked my boy to join him and Stuart at their table:thumbsu:

Good stuff :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw him in Bunnings a few months ago.. Massive bloke

Met Craig Ednie, Marc Dragacevic and (I think) Aaron Fiora when they came to my school. Can't remember much but I remember being a big Draga fan.

I think those are the blokes that came to my school too..either because we went to the same school or because those were just the guys who had to do the school event duties

Back in 1980 Kevin Bartlett was on Channel 7s World of Sport after our great win in the Grand Final and since I only lived 1km from the studios and was still on a high after the game I went down to Dorcas st and waited for him to come out when he happily signed my !980 Grand Final Football Record. Still have the copy in mint condition.

Went to a Richmond family day when I was quite young (7 or 8) and got most of the players to sign a Richmond footy. Was all good and well until the next day when I booted it into the Merri Creek after having decided to play kick to kick across it.

Ha hah, Richo always looks annoyed when he has to be anywhere for too long, especially signing autographs. Wears his heart on his sleeve. A funny guy and quite a character.

Got him to sign a match-worn jumper last year. That was cool.

Also, met Hird a few years back and he came across as stuck up and unapproachable. Met Lloyd at the coffee shop I go to, now he was actually a nice guy, genuine and down to earth.

Have a signed Cotch uniform with the number 9 on this years match uniform from Mum as a present earlier in the year. We went to the rainy Port game last year and I told her, "Watch that number 9 patting all the boys on the back when they were coming out ono the ground, he's gonna be the captain one day and gonna be a jet!". When she organized to get the signed top she remembered what I told her and got him to sign it :)

Back in primary school Mark Merenda and Scott Turner came for our schools footy day, think i got my scarf and guernsey signed by them both. In high school a met a few hawks players during the "sports leadership" course, buggered if i can remember 2 of them but the other 2 were mark williams while he was off with injury and Danny Jacobs. Jacobs was quite a funny guy, especially when someone asked them about diving and he went on a 5 minute rant about lucas and lloyd practicing their dives at training... Other great question was a girl who didn't really follow afl asking them why they're called hawthorn but have tasmania plastered over everything :p

Got a signed Team Of The Century jumper from Richo, also got the Richo Farewell TO A Champion painting. My son has a signed Nathan Brown photo as well. Also got a footy signed by Cousins Riewoldt Cotchin Deledio & Martin.

:thumbsu:Met literally hundreds of players over the years through work and other ventures - both Richmond and non-Richmond.
Obvious highlight was sitting next to Richo at a dinner last year - ripper bloke.
I paid for the privilege, he came over and sat down and said to me ... "Hi, I'm Matthew." As if I didn't know.
Also sat next to Crawf and Doug Hawkins at a dinner too ... great guys!
I have family who have housed a few Richmond guys over the years so been fortunate to meet a few through that too!

Even though he ain't Richmond, I once shared a cab into the city with Dean Wallis, who was pretty plastered and was sitting behind the driver when he decides to lift up his fingers and make a pretend gun and hold it to the back of the cab driver's head! Hilarious!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Tiger's players you have met or have signed memorabilia from

Remove this Banner Ad

Back