Tigers to target in SuperCoach/Dreamteam - All Questions Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Are Tigers fans still of this opinion?

Is it completely ridiculous to start with Newman and not with Deledio?

Cheers.

I don't know any other Tiger that mentioned this apart from RT. Was always going to start with Lids myself. There just aren't many other comparable backs available. The fact he racked up 30+ and 4 goals in 3 qtrs last week confirms he is good to go.

Are Tigers fans still of this opinion?

Is it completely ridiculous to start with Newman and not with Deledio?

Cheers.

Is this DT or Supercoach related?

I haven't done supercoach before so can't comment on that but Deledio should average 100 in DT, and at worst 90. He's moving back to the midfield this year.

I wouldn't even bother with Newman in DT, especially when Lids, Goddard, Scotland, Carrazzo, Birchall and Suckling all have the same bye. Can't see him average over 80, and definitely not 90.

I don't know any other Tiger that mentioned this apart from RT. Was always going to start with Lids myself. There just aren't many other comparable backs available. The fact he racked up 30+ and 4 goals in 3 qtrs last week confirms he is good to go.

Thanks mate.

Is this DT or Supercoach related?

I haven't done supercoach before so can't comment on that but Deledio should average 100 in DT, and at worst 90. He's moving back to the midfield this year.

I wouldn't even bother with Newman in DT, especially when Lids, Goddard, Scotland, Carrazzo, Birchall and Suckling all have the same bye. Can't see him average over 80, and definitely not 90.

SuperCoach, but thanks for the information.

Very much appreciated, thank you both and good luck for the year. :thumbsu:

We need members! 823600 - Dreamteam
Just joined. That fills my quota!:thumbsu:
For the record, I have Ellis, Morris and Martin in DT and in SC I have Ellis, Morris, Martin and Deledio.

hi guys , just after a few opinions of Morris (sc related) ... i only caught your one NAB game against us :-( ... so havent seen much of you guys this year...

whats his job sec like ? scoring pot ? and role in the team ?

cheers

Well he didn't play for Coburg on Saturday so people assumed that he would be a Monty for Round 1.

Having said that, he apparently had a family wedding on Saturday.

I still think he will be named round 1. I would like to see him start on Betts. If he performs - then he may have some middle term job security. If Betts kicks a bag, good bye job security.

Well he didn't play for Coburg on Saturday so people assumed that he would be a Monty for Round 1.

Having said that, he apparently had a family wedding on Saturday.

I still think he will be named round 1. I would like to see him start on Betts. If he performs - then he may have some middle term job security. If Betts kicks a bag, good bye job security.

This is not quite right. He trained with the Rd 1 squad on Saturday at the open training session.

He had his sister's wedding a few weeks ago, when we played Freo. When he wasn't selected for that game, a few people seemed to question whether he was in the mix for Rd 1. But then it came to light that he was unavailable due to the wedding, as opposed to not selected. The fact he then played vs GWS and didn't play at Coburg this weekend pretty much confirms he will play Thursday.

To answer CRAWF, most around here expect him to play a negating role on small forwards. He is likely to play a specific role on Garlett or Betts this week, and therefore I'd assume he'll not be the sub. As far as job security goes, I suspect he'll be given a fair go for the first month, in a similar vein to the way Houli and Grigg were given a good run at it.

Has question marks over his kicking, which seems more of a confidence issue, his technique isn't overly flawed. Hopefully he sorts that out once he settles the nerves a little.

Lets just say that after seeing Deledio perform against GWS he has now been placed back into my side.

Interesting note that only 4% of coaches have Houli who IMO could be quite a unique option given he is likely to score a good 80-90 points most weeks.

Stay with me here.

Will the introduction of Newman and Lids into the midfield will this reduce the midfield time of Dusty and thus put a ceiling on his scores? Dusty has also been quietened somewhat when a hard tag has been applied (Townsend v GWS and Hunt v Cats).

I am also wondering if we go well in the midfield, surely the biggest beneficiary of that is Jack.

I am tossing up between Jack (+$100,000) and Dusty.

Thoughts please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hi guys , just after a few opinions of Morris (sc related) ... i only caught your one NAB game against us :-( ... so havent seen much of you guys this year...

whats his job sec like ? scoring pot ? and role in the team ?

cheers

Apart from a ruck, a lockdown back pocket was perhaps our biggest need in the offseason. Oh yeah, and a superstar CHB and CHF.

Anyway, Morris should get a very good run at it. I am nervous he will be cut up, but he is very fit, very hard and pretty swift. No surgeon with the pill though and even in SANFL he'd average 17 touches a game.

Back rookies are pretty tricky and at the moment I am tossing up between Morris and Paine of the Pies given their injury issues.

He scored nicely against GWS but that's because he basically went chasing kicks and was on a child. Not likely for a vest and cannot really see anyone in VFL who would be after his spot other than perhaps White.

His first priority will be to stop his man. Can see a fair few 45-55 scores but should get them enough to get to $275k or so by the bye.

I'm still undecided.

Hi guys, good luck for season 2012, would love to see a successful Richmond once again.

Can I ask what your expectations are for Reece Conca in the first half of the year? Will be be freed up a bit more to play a more DT-friendly style of game?

Currently got Delidio, Ellis, Morris from Richmond in my backs, nervous about adding a 4th player from the same team!! But all of them apart from Delidio should have been traded by R13 bye, so in theory it shouldn't matter if they represent the best value-for-money.

Can I ask what your expectations are for Reece Conca in the first half of the year? Will be be freed up a bit more to play a more DT-friendly style of game?

I expect Reece Conca to have a slowish start to the season proper due to his NAB Cup suspension. Would not surprise me if he started Thursday night as our sub.

Its likely he will spend more time on the wing this year, so yes he is likely to be freed up in a DT friendly style but it will still be a development year for Reece so I do not expect a leap in his DT / SC score this year.

2013 is more likely, IMO we will start to see Reece Conca score higher and with greater consistency.

Thanks David.

The advantage we have for Thursday night's game is we can see who are the subs named.

I agree with you about his NAB Cup suspension being a setback, plus the tough first five rounds, plus he's coming off an injury-interrupted year.....all makes me a little hesitant! But it's rare that you see a #6 draft pick (midfielder) at such a juicy price named in the backs!!

Apart from a ruck, a lockdown back pocket was perhaps our biggest need in the offseason. Oh yeah, and a superstar CHB and CHF.

Anyway, Morris should get a very good run at it. I am nervous he will be cut up, but he is very fit, very hard and pretty swift. No surgeon with the pill though and even in SANFL he'd average 17 touches a game.

Back rookies are pretty tricky and at the moment I am tossing up between Morris and Paine of the Pies given their injury issues.

He scored nicely against GWS but that's because he basically went chasing kicks and was on a child. Not likely for a vest and cannot really see anyone in VFL who would be after his spot other than perhaps White.

His first priority will be to stop his man. Can see a fair few 45-55 scores but should get them enough to get to $275k or so by the bye.

I'm still undecided.

You and me both mate ... for me its more between morris and clarke (Dont trust Paine to keep his spot) ... i've never been the type to pay more than 110k or there abouts for rookies so clarke is turning me off there... decisions decisions

Stay with me here.

Will the introduction of Newman and Lids into the midfield will this reduce the midfield time of Dusty and thus put a ceiling on his scores? Dusty has also been quietened somewhat when a hard tag has been applied (Townsend v GWS and Hunt v Cats).

I am also wondering if we go well in the midfield, surely the biggest beneficiary of that is Jack.

I am tossing up between Jack (+$100,000) and Dusty.

Thoughts please.

Personally i dont think it will. Goal kicking mids are hot property in supercoach and Dusty is exactly that.

Hi Tigers fans.

All the best for Thursday - I hope you smash em.

I am toying with Ellis or Morris or both at the moment. If only one - which would you choose. If both - who would you start on the field?

Thanks.

We'll be able to see the named subs before the Richmond and Carlton players are locked off tomorrow night.

I have both, but if you're going to go with one and they've both been named in the starting 21 I reckon go with Ellis. He kicks more, his disposal is cleaner, and his points per minute were higher in the NAB cup.

I've gone a bit crazy this year - I have 7 Tigers in my supercoach team:
Defenders: Deledio, Ellis, Morris
Mids: Cotchin
Rucks: Maric
Forwards: Martin, Riewoldt

Have any other Tiger fans gone in this hard?

My only regret is I couldn't pick Griggs in his best position - the ruck! ;)

Hi Tigers fans.

All the best for Thursday - I hope you smash em.

I am toying with Ellis or Morris or both at the moment. If only one - which would you choose. If both - who would you start on the field?

Thanks.

Tis a real 50/50 call, and of course selection of the sub may play a part. Most think Morris will be given a role on the small forwards, so is unlikely to be the sub, but it might restrict his SC/DT point scoring.

Ellis could be sub, but when on the ground is more likely to play a role where he gets a bit of ball. Has already been earmarked as one of the guys to be used for kick-ins from opposition points. Has very good disposal, so those around him won't be shy in using him.

Morris also has a few years on Ellis so might settle quicker.

In the end, I couldn't split them, so barring one of them being the sub, I am going to have them both on the ground this week. From there, I may move one of them to the bench after that, based on info gleaned regarding role and performance.

My suspicion is that Morris will eventually get demoted to the bench, with Ellis staying on the ground.

PS: Good luck Fri night, and lets hope your blokes kick the wind out of the Pies for our benefit the week after :D

We'll be able to see the named subs before the Richmond and Carlton players are locked off tomorrow night.

I have both, but if you're going to go with one and they've both been named in the starting 21 I reckon go with Ellis. He kicks more, his disposal is cleaner, and his points per minute were higher in the NAB cup.

I've gone a bit crazy this year - I have 7 Tigers in my supercoach team:
Defenders: Deledio, Ellis, Morris
Mids: Cotchin
Rucks: Maric
Forwards: Martin, Riewoldt

Have any other Tiger fans gone in this hard?

My only regret is I couldn't pick Griggs in his best position - the ruck! ;)
Good to see love for Riewoldt finally. I see him as being massively underrated in SC. Injured most of last year and still scored reasonably. Huge scores in NAB cup games. More confident and skillful midfield. Surely he is in for a big year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tigers to target in SuperCoach/Dreamteam - All Questions Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back