News Tigers to trade for a ruckman

Remove this Banner Ad

I think both Browne and Gus at best can try and neutralise the ruck position - forget about actually winning the ruck position for the day.

Unfortunately, both have very small engines which means come last quarter, they are completely spent! None more visable that yesterday when Jamar absolutely dominated the hitouts (and to advantage to) in the last quarter.

Perhaps recruiting Zac Clarke is a pipedream but Richmond should (i) offer him good coin and a longer term contract; and (ii) advise him that he will be no.1 ruck rather than competing for 2nd/3rd position.

The ability of a player like Zac Clarke (much like Leunberger) to actually contribute around the group would effectively mean we have another player on the field. That would be huge!!

PS - Unlike a lot of others on this forum, I would offer a good trade to get someone like Zac Clarke with only our top 4-5 off the table

What did u have in mind?

I'd do first round & 3rd round

or

first & one of jacko/connors/thursty in that order.

I would offer up any of those trades.

I would also offer 1st and 2nd round picks and then trade back into the draft.

IMO, he is the absolute must of trade week....someone that will actually be able to win the ruck position rather than just neutralize it.

With Kavanagh Buntine Greene and possibly Grigg still around about at 10-12 Im hoping we keep our first rounder no matter what.

Thanks rayzor. I've given up saying the same thing. Gus is a B grade AFL ruck. And I think that is about what he will end up at. But there are only a few A grade rucks. Getting rid of one B grader and buying another B grader seems silly to this little black duck. We've got a young ruck division aimed at beign AFL standard in 2013 ish. Why spend big for a dominant ruck???
We need more inside mids - like Tuck but with more skill. Give our current lot one more year and decide on Gus then.

Surely people don't forget our rd.18 game against the Crows last year so soon, do they?

Adelaide used Griffin and Maric, we used a very tired Graham and Browne in his 3rd game. Griffin rated lower than Graham for the game after mostly going head to head with him, Maric rated lower for the game than Browne after mostly going head to head with him, and Adelaide lost by 20 points. On most statistical measures and certainly from watching the game, Graham and Browne at the very least broke even, I'd argue they had a slight win like the team did and the ratings agree.

Is it just the tiniest bit possible that careers full of games like that, may have a little something to do with why Maric and Griffin can't get a game where they are?

We could use another mature ruck and I'm all for trying to get one on the cheap, but I'm buggered if I can work out why people want to glorify pretty average opposition players who our own existing rucks have gone very well against only recently. There's only a handful of rucks in the comp who are a bracket above the same 'B-grade' pack Graham is amongst and none of them are on the market AFAIK.

Thanks mate, any more word up there on his future? Seems from that article that he is likely to go wherever the biggest money is.

I think we had assumed he would either stay at the Lions or go home.

He might stay with us, Freo have Clarke Sandilands and Griffen and west coast have darling Cox Natanui and Lynch so I cant see him going home but I really do think he will end up with you guys.

A Clark deal would be a bit funny, in the light that he become the no 1 ruck. Its hard to make a comparison between him and Gus or Browne. He's more like Ty, and i'm not sure if we need Ty, Griff (who has been rucking in the Burgers) and Clark, without a dedicated ruck.
But saying that, a ruck that has come from a forward background has the potential to affect the scoreline.
I'm not sold on the idea of him.

Considering he will cost a bit (trade, and pay), and his manager has stated he doesn't want to play #1 ruck - would prefer to play forward and relieve in the ruck - this bemuses me.

Perhaps that was his manager trying his best to get him to his preferred destination (Freo - who could do with a key forward moreso than a ruck). But surely it's a risk to recruit a guy who already appears to be a little.... surly (for lack of a better word), and make him play a position he would apparently prefer not to play, whilst probably having to part with our #1 pick, AND make him one of, if not the highest paid player on our list.

Does that scream risk to anyone else, or is it just me?

My only take on this is that the plan is to have him and TV essentially playing the same positon and rotate them through forward and ruck. Otherwise it seems a bit pointless given I reckon TV looks like he can be be absolutely A grade in a couple of years.

Pretty sure we expressed some interest some time ago, and that's what this article is likely referring to. Since then I think he has priced himself out of our grasp. I don't think we'd have enough to offer for him, trade wise, anyway.

Considering he will cost a bit (trade, and pay), and his manager has stated he doesn't want to play #1 ruck - would prefer to play forward and relieve in the ruck - this bemuses me.

Perhaps that was his manager trying his best to get him to his preferred destination (Freo - who could do with a key forward moreso than a ruck). But surely it's a risk to recruit a guy who already appears to be a little.... surly (for lack of a better word), and make him play a position he would apparently prefer not to play, whilst probably having to part with our #1 pick, AND make him one of, if not the highest paid player on our list.

Does that scream risk to anyone else, or is it just me?

I dont think we are interested in him anymore, he put a price on his head that I think is too much. I'm also pretty sure I read an article a month of 2 ago that the club said the same thing.

We need players who want to play for this club (such as more game time), not players who chase the money because in tough times we cant rely on them to bust a gut for us.

the word over in perth is that freo will come close to getting him.even a couple of freo players think hes a chance.remember griffen-ruck,sandilands-ruck,clarke-ruck-maybe forward,no other quality kpf apart from pav and he is just about to have hip surgery.freo will clean alot of dead wood of its list to free up money.good article written in the west australian saying if freo are to win a premiership then it has to be next year or 2.personally i dont rate them that much but you can see with that mentality they will go all out for him.much prefer a decent tap ruck/forward at richmond anyway,he will cost to much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the word over in perth is that freo will come close to getting him.even a couple of freo players think hes a chance.remember griffen-ruck,sandilands-ruck,clarke-ruck-maybe forward,no other quality kpf apart from pav and he is just about to have hip surgery.freo will clean alot of dead wood of its list to free up money.good article written in the west australian saying if freo are to win a premiership then it has to be next year or 2.personally i dont rate them that much but you can see with that mentality they will go all out for him.much prefer a decent tap ruck/forward at richmond anyway,he will cost to much.
My tip is Sandilands has 1 good year left in him, Griffen and Clarke are talented but still unproven, so Freo will sure up their forward line with Clark with the option to ruck him, seems like a done deal really.

Hamish McIntosh just an emergency this week for the Roos. After dominating in the VFL the last few weeks, he looks and sounds to be really healthy. I'm warming to him considerably.

With GWS targetting Goldy, we'll want to have him signed up before we consider trading Hamish. Here's some highlights of his VFL game on the weekend. He had 21 posessions, 25 hitouts and 3 goals.

[YOUTUBE]zZCRDUUoOEs[/YOUTUBE]

With GWS targetting Goldy, we'll want to have him signed up before we consider trading Hamish. Here's some highlights of his VFL game on the weekend. He had 21 posessions, 25 hitouts and 3 goals.

[YOUTUBE]zZCRDUUoOEs[/YOUTUBE]

By god he looks huge! I know it's only VFL and they have smaller, developing youngsters, ect but still. Would love to have him at Richmond next year.

Hmmmm, suppose we traded our comp pick for H Mac, then we'd essentially have traded Tambling fr H Mac and McDonald. Doesn't sound at all bad when you look at it that way....

We should not be trading our compo pick for H Mac; he has been a bit injury prone lately.

We should use our compo pick 2012 when we get better long term value for it.

He might stay with us, Freo have Clarke Sandilands and Griffen and west coast have darling Cox Natanui and Lynch so I cant see him going home but I really do think he will end up with you guys.

if he goes to freo he will play chf his true position imo. pavlich will play ff all of a sudden freos key forward woes are solved. i sure can see him going home.

people really do put blinkers on when they consider what a players position is.

paddy ryder at essendon hes a chb hes always been a good one.

I don't doubt the ability of HM, just his durability, knowing our luck we will invest heavily and get a paltry return in terms of games...2 dodgy archilles spells danger to me ...as a 3 card trick if there is any smoke in the clark to freo then we should be circling to pick up griffin to toss back a lazy 2r in return that Freo could add to their currency...we need to spend wisely

I don't doubt the ability of HM, just his durability, knowing our luck we will invest heavily and get a paltry return in terms of games...2 dodgy archilles spells danger to me ...as a 3 card trick if there is any smoke in the clark to freo then we should be circling to pick up griffin to toss back a lazy 2r in return that Freo could add to their currency...we need to spend wisely

if clarke goes to freo as a ruckman why go after griffen a player ive always thought a decent footballer and would like at richmond.
z clarke will be disgruntled when hes not getting games target him.
all hypothetical if the big squib does go to freo he will play chf. plain old common sense along with their list deficiencies says so.
one thing m clarke has is talent but sheesh id love to play on him in a pressure final where the whisle is put away and you have to earn a kick.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Tigers to trade for a ruckman

Remove this Banner Ad

Back