News Tigers to trade for a ruckman

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't mean to be negative nor am I having a go at the tigers this hasn't been confirmed but Maric is as soft as they come and is not much better than Ur current ruck stocks.
Surely u want to pursue someone who can influence a game.Or the now 3rd in like Griffen at Freo who is much better than Maric if u want someone cheaper.
U don't want to pick up another Knobel, Simmonds etc who u have payed overs for and are not performers..

ive heard this sorta thing posted before and its just absolutely incorrect

we took Knobel in the PSD it cost us nothing

and this Myth that Troy Simmonds was a waste of time are you kidding me We gave up AARON FIORA FOR HIM and the guy played nearlly 100 games for us was very close to AA a couple of years and at one time was arguably the best mobile ruckman in the game.

Infact Troy Simmonds was one of our very very good trades

I meant u payed overs in the context of contracts.. Knobel left us because u offered a very average player 300k a year as opposed to us who offered him what he was worth. Simmonds was reportedly on 2.5m for 5 years, 500k a year for a very ordinary player.

I meant u payed overs in the context of contracts.. Knobel left us because u offered a very average player 300k a year as opposed to us who offered him what he was worth. Simmonds was reportedly on 2.5m for 5 years, 500k a year for a very ordinary player.
Wrong. Simmonds was not a very ordinary player.

I agree they were not worth the money being thrown about like Holland in the ppast and McGuane,

Gee whiz Tigers need to get this right!!!!

Hopefully they have;)

Go hard at the 2 Freo boys Clarke and Griffin. Surely we could pull one. IMO i'd much rather give up a first round pick for one of these 2 instead of Trengove. Will be disappointed if we trade our first pick for him.

Target Mark Blake from Geelong. Good tap ruckman that will give good service to our mids and will not cost us much until we can trade for one when we are a legitimate shot at a flag.

Target Mark Blake from Geelong. Good tap ruckman that will give good service to our mids and will not cost us much until we can trade for one when we are a legitimate shot at a flag.

I dont understand us wanting Mark Blake. We complain about Browne and Gus because they are slow, lumbering, uncoordinated, cant kick and virtually useless around the ground. Mark Blake is all of these things, all he can do is tap. It would be a terrible move.

Wouldnt say he was a VERY ordinary player. Was in contention for AA as our ruckman one year. Agreed the 5 years was probably a bit steep but he was far from an Ordinary player

Half that, as I recall... 5 years at $250k
Why let the facts get in the way of a good story? :D

I'm amazed there's still talk re: Griffin and to a lesser extent Z Clarke from Freo. Griffin went back to Freo less than a year ago, a big part of the reason being to be nearer to family (his dad is sick or something to that effect). He's looking the one who will find it hardest to get back into the side, but it doesn't sound like he'd be wanting out of Perth. Z Clarke is contracted and required. Sure he'd be an exciting prospect, but would take us paying massive overs for it to be even half a chance.

And Mark Blake? I've posted previously saying (IMO) he'd be an acceptable short term fix based on the fact he'd be free, BUT if we can get Maric for cheap in terms of a trade, he seems a far better option to me.

Wrong. Simmonds was not a very ordinary player.

Hey Tugga I agree, I can't believe how short memories some of our supporters have. Simmonds was a gun for the first 2 seasons with us unfortunately he got injured and he suffered badly and impacted his footy ability in his last few seasons with us. This is what people seem to remember unfortunately.

I'm stuck between wanting the club to go all out for a potential star like Z. Clarke and simply wanting to plug our ruck hole. This is how I see it.

Blake: No. Just no. Would be surprised if the club has even mentioned his name.

Maric: Unsold. Why get a player across who is about the equivalent of Gus? It's no real upgrade, and we need an upgrade.

Clarke: Wow do I want....such a shame he'll cost so much. If I was Freo I would trade in a heartbeat! They're looking at 2 good years of window opening up, they could get something really useful back from us for a player who is only second fiddle to Sandilands. Our first rounder and Daniel Jackson?

I'm stuck between wanting the club to go all out for a potential star like Z. Clarke and simply wanting to plug our ruck hole. This is how I see it.

Blake: No. Just no. Would be surprised if the club has even mentioned his name.

Maric: Unsold. Why get a player across who is about the equivalent of Gus? It's no real upgrade, and we need an upgrade.

Clarke: Wow do I want....such a shame he'll cost so much. If I was Freo I would trade in a heartbeat! They're looking at 2 good years of window opening up, they could get something really useful back from us for a player who is only second fiddle to Sandilands. Our first rounder and Daniel Jackson?
Our first rounder full stop is worth more to them than our first rounder plus Jackson. Why would they want a 25-year-old hack? They would only have to pay him for his crapness.
People need to start thinking a bit more with these trade scenarios. Chances are if you as a supporter are prepared to give away a player, then that player is not wanted by ANY OTHER TEAM.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simmonds was reportedly on 2.5m for 5 years, 500k a year for a very ordinary player.

That you completely made up:rolleyes:
It was actually a reported 1.5 million over 5 years

I think we would have to pay overs for someone like Z Clarke, as much as I would love him he is now a required player at Freo we have no chance. Dont know much about Maric so if the club does chase him then I hope its nothing more than a 3rd rounder especially if Maric is out of contract at years end.

I would much rather pay nothing for Maric than pay overs on a guy like McIntosh who is IMO too injury prone and a massive risk.

Blake? I cant see how he would be an improvement.

M.Clarke? He will cost too much and could limit future contract negotations with our young list.

Seaby? The guy is a crab.

The truth is Graham and Browne arent going to help us so we need to look elsewhere. I hope Derrickxx can get himself right for next season and burst onto the scene.

Our first rounder full stop is worth more to them than our first rounder plus Jackson? Why would they want a 25-year-old hack? They would only have to pay him for his crapness.
People need to start thinking a bit more with these trade scenarios. Chances are if you as a supporter are prepared to give away a player, then that player is not wanted by ANY OTHER TEAM.

Agreed. Jackson is a very ordinary footballer and would not get a game with the top sides. Poor decision maker and poor skills. He's even lost his tagging qualities.

Re: Tigers 'stalking' Ivan Maric

Only what everyone else is thinking. That they know they aint up to it and are on borrowed time.

I understand Gus really drove up his price after Simmonds left. Basically held us over a barrell and said well I am your only big fella. Secured a very nice contract as a result

He hasn't earned it.

That you completely made up:rolleyes:
It was actually a reported 1.5 million over 5 years

We got Simmo because we were willing to offer him the 5 years he wanted. IIRC, other clubs were willing to offer him more per year, but for shorter terms, and he wanted the security.

As it turned out, the other clubs might have gotten his longevity right, as his last year was pretty ordinary, but I still think we got a pretty good deal there over the length of his career.

Just read a tweet on HUN that Maric's preference is to stay in Adelaide. Which means if the Crows want him, it would have to be a bumped up deal to get him...

I like most people here would be happy to have him on the cheap, but not if we have to shell out.

No doubt though, he'd be better than Gus and Browne combined...

Re: Tigers 'stalking' Ivan Maric

I understand Gus really drove up his price after Simmonds left. Basically held us over a barrell and said well I am your only big fella. Secured a very nice contract as a result

He hasn't earned it.

How could an unproven guy drive up a price????:eek::eek:

2* zero is zero:eek::eek::eek:

Gee whiz, we could play Post there if we had with Browne

Is there any chance we could take this kid??

Billy Longer, Northern Knights, 12 May 1993, 202cm, 95kg
The skipper of the Vic Metro team is highly regarded for his leadership skills and work ethic. Metro coach Rohan Welsh likens him to West Coast star Dean Cox. He runs all day and can take a big grab up forward. Moves well for a player his size and his strength at the stoppages saw him average 21.5 hitouts per game. Earned All Australian honours.

Is there any chance we could take this kid??

Billy Longer, Northern Knights, 12 May 1993, 202cm, 95kg
The skipper of the Vic Metro team is highly regarded for his leadership skills and work ethic. Metro coach Rohan Welsh likens him to West Coast star Dean Cox. He runs all day and can take a big grab up forward. Moves well for a player his size and his strength at the stoppages saw him average 21.5 hitouts per game. Earned All Australian honours.
Not unless we trade into the top 5...

Not unless we trade into the top 5...

I don't mind this. I think the best, and least expensive option, is to draft someone like maric to tide us over until we can draft and develop our own. It will help develop our mids by improving there supply, and we can focus on filling other needs as the best available talent dictates using our earlier picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Tigers to trade for a ruckman

Remove this Banner Ad

Back