Tim Kelly - Requests Trade to West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or Jetts could ping his calf again, Sheps hammy goes and Nello is likely first cab off the rank.
Maybe but we can patch the backline. I choose getting Kelly if the price involves Nelson. Kelly brings X factor. Nelson brings being a solid backline player. Not a knock on Nelson. I like his effort but if a choice has to be made I'd choose against him. And does Nelson want to be the third pick, essentially being a depth player?

Never consider trading a player who is happy on your list and currently depth. Imagine the message it sends the playing group if the Eagles say "OK Nelson, you have done your job well and come to training every day but we are trading you to Geelong."

Changing workplaces is stressful even if it is closer to home. He could be renting a place and have a lease already set up and be set to live in Perth for the next 5 years for all any of us know.
Except we did exactly this with Sinclair

my only point is you have to agree to be traded...has WC mentioned him? has Nelson given the slightest indication he wants to be traded ?

clubs have been burnt before when names get 'thrown up' and the said player has found out about it.

I doubt very much if WC goes down this path. The only way it happens is if Geelong contact Nelsons manager and say they are interested.

WC will not mention him, ask him or try and convince him..Its not the way they operate
For one we have no idea what discussions we are having with Nelson behind closed doors. Just because we haven't come out in the media and said anything about it doesn't mean it hasn't been discussed.
How do you think the Sinclair trade happened? He didn't want to be traded and didn't ask to be traded, but after discussions with both teams he agreed to be traded.

Lots of noise being made around this trade from the Cats. It all amounts to them trying to hoodwink us in to coughing up overs. Even though Kelly is contracted to Geelong, we are still in the position of power here because we've already shown we don't need Kelly and if they don't trade him now, there's a very real chance he won't even play for them again. They know their best case outcome is to trade Kelly this trade period.

Can't really blame the Cats for wanting to get as much as possible for their asset but I expect our crew will see them coming from a mile away and be all over it. Let them huff and puff and make all the noise all they want.

For one we have no idea what discussions we are having with Nelson behind closed doors. Just because we haven't come out in the media and said anything about it doesn't mean it hasn't been discussed.
How do you think the Sinclair trade happened? He didn't want to be traded and didn't ask to be traded, but after discussions with both teams he agreed to be traded.
He was offered a big deal by Sydney - he could not turn it down.

Salty Freo fans currently dialing into to trade radio to slam TK's agent for calling their club an unattractive destination.

I find it fascinating that they can even argue against that claim, especially when comparing themselves to us.

I mean would you prefer to be chauffeur driven by a professional in a Ferrari or have to deal with a handsy unwashed uber driver in a 92 Datsun...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Salty Freo fans currently dialing into to trade radio to slam TK's agent for calling their club an unattractive destination.

I find it fascinating that they can even argue against that claim, especially when comparing themselves to us.

I mean would you prefer to be chauffeur driven by a professional in a Ferrari or have to deal with a handsy unwashed uber driver in a 92 Datsun...

Hey hey don’t disrespect Datsuns like that.

Neither really.....(Datsun does has a certain cache)
but like the image of salty Freo minions wailing about their unattractive club...!

He was offered a big deal by Sydney - he could not turn it down.
Aware of that, not sure what difference that makes to the discussion I was having though. He still didn't ask to be traded which was the point I was trying to make, once teams start having discussions who knows what names come up and what offers to them are made.

Maybe we just forget Kelly and take our picks to the draft if they are going to throw the toys out of the cot over it.

Good luck to Geelong, deal with it next year when he's out of contract. It really isn't a pressing acquisition for us.

Our midfield just won the flag without Gaff. We can handle another year without Kelly.

Maybe we just forget Kelly and take our picks to the draft if they are going to throw the toys out of the cot over it.

Good luck to Geelong, deal with it next year when he's out of contract. It really isn't a pressing acquisition for us.

Our midfield just won the flag without Gaff. We can handle another year without Kelly.

We’re also going to have Minno and Mummy tapping it down their throats unlike that hack Lycett who couldn’t tap a window.

I find it funny that you have Geelong supporters saying Kelly owes them. They picked him from no where and gave him a go in the AFL. If anything you just made things difficult for him. He was going to get drafted by us or Freo and instead he had to haul his family across the country. He was never going to stay in Vic.

If for whatever reason Nelson requested a trade what do people think he’d be worth?

I’m guessing a 3rd rounder for a useful depth player who’s probably around the 25-30th player on our list

So how does he make any significant difference in a trade for Kelly

Got him for pick 52? In 2014. If we traded him I think it’d be a token pick (50-80). He is worth far more on our list than he would be in a trade. Only way we trade him is if he requests it. Otherwise he’s handy depth at worst.

It was actually pretty unprofessional of TK's agent I reckon ... even though true.

To me Freo are the norf of the west (but with more money) - every year trying to attract big names, but rarely getting anyone. Languishing in mediocrity.

Edit: lol at the 'norf' autocorrect

A 1992 Datsun would be priceless given they changed the brand to Nissan in 1984.......

I'd take the unicorn :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back