Tim Kelly - Requests Trade to West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kelly has 3 kids? 2 with medical issues.
The irony of the whole T Kelly saga at Geelong is that Patrick Dangerfield is head of the AFLPA - the ambassador for protection its members includes initiatives and workplace relations and advocacy. Like to know where P Dangerfield stance on the situation witnessing it first hand.

Never consider trading a player who is happy on your list and currently depth. Imagine the message it sends the playing group if the Eagles say "OK Nelson, you have done your job well and come to training every day but we are trading you to Geelong."

Changing workplaces is stressful even if it is closer to home. He could be renting a place and have a lease already set up and be set to live in Perth for the next 5 years for all any of us know.
I think we would consider it, happy or not.

The irony of the whole T Kelly saga at Geelong is that Patrick Dangerfield is head of the AFLPA - the ambassador for protection its members includes initiatives and workplace relations and advocacy. Like to know where P Dangerfield stance on the situation witnessing it first hand.
That's why I don't think a current player should be allowed to head the AFLPA - should be given once a player has retired.

That's why I don't think a current player should be allowed to head the AFLPA - should be given once a player has retired.
Unsure how it works, but I would have thought the head is just a figurehead anyway and most decisions are made by committee?

Yeah I get it but the nuances of the circumstances are still quite different. I think Cats fans resent Kelly requesting a trade after one year to go home for desperate family reasons. Unless it's Fremantle. In which case he is suddenly happy to play for Geelong for another year. They're not just having a tantrum purely because he wants out.

Like I said previously I think if Kelly doesn't want to go to Fremantle then I think that's fair enough. But I also don't think it's as simple as saying 'Geelong are signing Rohan/Dalhaus therefore they are hypocrites".
I was being facetious, but I do find it a bit funny of them to use the language when it can easily be thrown back at them. There's some differences, but not all are in Rohan's favour, though the balance is.

Two critical things for Kelly. Firstly, he has one of the most valid reasons to want to come back home I've ever heard. Secondly, he's only ruled out going to Fremantle, a basketcase club with a horrible coach that's lost his edge. Many of their good players want out, their best player is one of the least liked at the club, and historically traded in players have more often than not disappointed. He'll happily go to any other club in his home state.

Freo have so far shown no interest in Kelly and have no draft picks at this stage they would be prepared to offer anyway.
Be watchful of the purples....can swing things around if caught napping.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my only point is you have to agree to be traded...has WC mentioned him? has Nelson given the slightest indication he wants to be traded ?

clubs have been burnt before when names get 'thrown up' and the said player has found out about it.

I doubt very much if WC goes down this path. The only way it happens is if Geelong contact Nelsons manager and say they are interested.

WC will not mention him, ask him or try and convince him..Its not the way they operate
Callum Sinclair waves - says "ooga booga booga”. Picks his nose, flicks it at you - moons you and says orly?

In a toffee nosed upper crust, cut glass english accent

Freo looking to trace pick 6 for pick 10/11 and a second rounder with port. Wouldn’t suprise me uf they offered pick 10 for Kelly.
Nah, they'll use those picks for Hogan and Lobb.

Freo will be much stronger next year.

Let's say we get to the end of trade period and a deal hasn't been done. What are Kelly's options?

Can he quit Geelong and nominate for the national and pre season drafts ala Luke Ball?

Let's say we get to the end of trade period and a deal hasn't been done. What are Kelly's options?

Can he quit Geelong and nominate for the national and pre season drafts ala Luke Ball?
If there’s no trade Kelly either plays for Geelong or spends a year watching Netflix with his kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back