Tim Kelly - Requests Trade to West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully. I reckon that's a good deal, Nelson would straight into their defence. They get good draft pick and defender to slot straight in.
Geelong won't think it's enough, they're being absolute campaigners about this so far.
But playing it out in the media was the absolutely wrong thing to do, all they've done is rile all the feral fans up and manage to make Kelly want out of Geelong even more than he did before. I could legitimately see him sitting out next year if they refuse to trade him, his wife is coming home with the kids no matter what imo.

Last edited:
Look, if we had offered 20+22 to Sydney they'd have obviously taken it over that deal, so there's a reason why we haven't offered it.

I'm sure we have something else working in the background.
Rumour it's being given a hard rethink by you guys overnight before the pick is lost to Carlton tomorrow.

The Kelly this is going to get ugly if not handled correctly.

https://www.geelongadvertiser.com.a...5/news-story/bc12b56ad2735b6af6b4436ddb0df3eb

Read the letter to the editor.

Sorry but WTF?

"Don't give me this he's a young homesick Aboriginal nonsense"

The Geelong paper printed this.
I also like this line that constantly gets parroted about how every other club overlooked him for five drafts.

There were something like 500 selections taken in the draft since Tim Kelly started nominating and by any reasonable estimation we were going to take him two picks after Geelong did. Yes, we miscalculated. Yes, they got him first and he's theirs to do what they want with for next year. But he wasn't some diamond in the rough that they found and polished into the player we saw in 2017/2018.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha guess you can't write N o r f anymore.
I still don't get this. Asking why on the wrong board got me banned sitewide for a day. I don't get it, Wet Toast, Carltank, Essenscum, etc aren't banned. It's weird and a pathetic reflection on the N0rf supporters on here.

Makes me want to call them N0rf more.

20 and 22 could land us two of:

Jordan aka Ryan Clarke:D
Sydney Stack
Valente
Duursma

Still some nice kids around here.

Would like at least one pick.

In my opinion you need to strike while the oven is hot. Kelly is a 23yo who would fit into our best 22 and contribute right now.

I know people have this dream of always being in contention but that never works. Go all in for more flags now not in 4 years time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back