Tim Paine caught in sexting scandal, resigns as Test Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets not forget the bloke was +30, newly married, in the highest profile sporting position in Australia... and he is sending dick pics around?

I know children with better common sense than that.
This post doesnt correlate to your user name ;)

I feel bad for his wife - they are still together obviously but really, doing that when you are married is pretty low.
According to his press conference Paine told her at the time. She'd probably well moved on since then but it being made public probably brings it all back for her.

Wowee. What a bombshell. Bad timing on the cusp of the Ashes. Pommie press and Balmy Army will have a field day if Tim is selected which may impact on our Ashes prep and morale. He must retire for the sake of the team.

Pete Handscomb covers captaincy and keeping
Could do worse. Pete averages @37 FC , @38 Test. That is not all that shabby. He has started this season well with a ton and a 90 from two games. A big plus is his fine record as VIC skipper. Word is Cummins has already been given the captaincy tho.

Last edited:
That's not what I said.

I said it's a lot easier for a bloke to make a woman feel afraid or uncomfortable with unwanted sexual advances, than it is for a woman make a bloke feel afraid with the same.

You said "Sexual violence isn't equal each way". I'm saying that sexual violence is sexual violence, regardless of gender. For you to then go on and say...

Feel free to argue that isn't the case, but it is, and if you do think differently (and have acted on it) odds are you might have creeped a few women out over the years.

Is such a shit, odd and insulting take that I'm not engaging any more.

No mate the context is different.

When a bloke is going on a Tinder date he's thinking on some level 'I hope she's not too crazy and I get to bang her tonight'.

When a chick is going on a Tinder date, she's thinking on some level 'I hope this dude isnt a creep who rapes me and buries me in a shallow grave tonight'.

The context is totally different. If you cant see that, then Im not sure what I can do to help you see it.

I'm a little surprised as a moderator you are posting this man hating nonsense. It's one thing to promote discussion in a thread but another to encourage the hard line unhinged feminist ALL men are evil narrative..? There is plenty of context here, but not quite the context you are promoting...

I was asked to send a dick pic to a girl I had slept with a few times. I didnt do it knowing it would probably get out when our relationship ended.
That sucks dude. It's free advertising.

I'm a little surprised as a moderator you are posting this man hating nonsense. It's one thing to promote discussion in a thread but another to encourage the hard line unhinged feminist ALL men are evil narrative..? There is plenty of context here, but not quite the context you are promoting...

Thats not what I'm saying and only a flog MRA could think it is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon those saying the 'world has gone mad' and everyone is 'walking on eggshells' must have engaged in some shit behaviour in the past. I certainly don't fear I'm about to be cancelled. And if it turns out that my sometimes dark humour was in poor taste and offended someone, I would simply apologise. It's not difficult.

If he hadn't been captain I'd be inclined to agree. But let's not kid ourselves, this is going to be incredibly disruptive to the team.
True but there's some pretty handy wicketkeeper batsmen around and I don't exactly rate his captaincy. He was only a series of so away from getting the arse anyway, at least this way we don't get the Gilchrist situation when Healy cost him 20 tests of his prime by hanging around too long

Reckon those saying the 'world has gone mad' and everyone is 'walking on eggshells' must have engaged in some sh*t behaviour in the past. I certainly don't fear I'm about to be cancelled. And if it turns out that my sometimes dark humour was in poor taste and offended someone, I would simply apologise. It's not difficult.
I've let people down in ways most people haven't even thought of yet.

The amount of people too scared to speak in case someone gets offended would be next to zero.

The amount of people who stop before they say something and think 'Oh that might make this person feel bad or uncomfortable' and then choose not to say it for that reason is higher than it used to be.

That sounds like a better world to me.

I'd also point out that no one is saying Tim Paine is the worst person in the world. People are calling him an idiot for doing something idiotic.

Also, has anything else happened since around March last year that could be contributing to those mental health issues in society?

If you don't think Tim Paine has done anything wrong then fine. I completely disagree with that but whatever. Your extrapolations though in this post and previous ones seem bizzare.

Anxiety and Depression, Mental health issues have been out of control for 20 years now.
If as you say it is such a better world now then why are so many struggling to get by day to day and have so many issues.

When a bloke is going on a Tinder date he's thinking on some level 'I hope she's not too crazy and I get to bang her tonight'.

When a chick is going on a Tinder date, she's thinking on some level 'I hope this dude isnt a creep who rapes me and buries me in a shallow grave tonight'
Advice for "chicks":

Don't hook up with creeps on Tinder?

Remove this Banner Ad

Tim Paine caught in sexting scandal, resigns as Test Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Back