Tim Paine caught in sexting scandal, resigns as Test Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the key point that.so.many miss. He and Cricket Australia built him up to be the great family man who everyone respected.

As soon as that myth was blown he was done.

Most players would of kept their place in the side and people would of forgotten about it.
Kind of makes me wish that cricket Australia inserted Warner as the new captain after Sandgate as a big middle finger to the moralistic media stuffed shirts who tried to whip the cricket going public in a frenzy by manipulating their emotions. Then we wouldn't have had to suffer through such a mediocre cricketer.

Alex Carry has been awful. Multiple dropped catches every game.

Paine was good but he was projected as something he has never been a saint.
Paine wasn't great with the gloves either.

What I like most about Carey is that he's good against spin, which will prove invaluable in the India series next year.

I don't know how long Carey will last anyway. Inglis looks like the best keeping talent we've had since Haddin (or Paine until he was Dirked).

Paine wasn't great with the gloves either.

What I like most about Carey is that he's good against spin, which will prove invaluable in the India series next year.

I don't know how long Carey will last anyway. Inglis looks like the best keeping talent we've had since Haddin (or Paine until he was Dirked).
Wtf Paine was the best gloveman for a time

Carey has never been a good gloveman, he literally chose cricket over afl

Wtf Paine was the best gloveman for a time

Carey has never been a good gloveman, he literally chose cricket over afl
He has been a very good wicket keeper for the majority of his career. But he was also very average with the gloves for a decent chunk of his Test career.

We haven't had a consistently good keeper since Haddin, unfortunately. Nevill was very clean, but not good enough with the bat.

Inglis strikes the best balance between golvesmenship and batting ability of anyone we have seen since Haddin IMO.

Whatever you might think of the circumstances of his departure that he managed to turn around a culture within the team that reached it's nadir at Newlands and had tolerated this sort of thing in the past means his tenure wasn't totally wasted.
Prior to his first Test, du Plessis had taken part in the IPL for Chennai and built a rapport with Hussey. Having watched du Plessis’ 376 minutes and 466 balls of defiance with a combination of irritation and admiration, Hussey quietly chose to hand his Chennai teammate a bottle of red wine as a token of congratulation.
“I was called to the door, where Huss had been waiting for a while,” du Plessis wrote. “He handed me a bottle of red wine with a handwritten note on the label: ‘Congratulations on your Test debut. I know you’re going to have an amazing career. Proud of you!’
“The two of us already had a good relationship after playing together for Chennai in the IPL, but he was Mr Cricket and I was just a debutant. He didn’t have to make that gesture, but he did. And he’d waited outside our changing room until we’d finished our celebration.
“It was the most precious gift anyone had ever given me in my life. This wasn’t the beer talking. I’m reflecting on it now, a decade later: I still consider it the best gift I had ever received.”
The wine, itself, was to be inadvertently consumed by the du Plessis family’s dog-sitter seven years later, but it had another consequence, after the debutant happened to mention Hussey’s gesture in a press conference before the deciding Test in Perth.
Back then, Australia was still very much in an era when “fraternising” with the opposition during a series was frowned upon - humanising opponents was not considered appropriate since it made sledging them much harder to accomplish.

Walking out to bat in Perth, du Plessis expected to be the target of the aforementioned sledging, and had not bargained for what he actually heard.
“I was expecting another salvo of abuse to be aimed at me ... just another day at the office Down Under,” he wrote.
“But the Australian cricketers directed their sledging at their teammate, shouting, ‘Hey, Huss! Here’s your best mate again. Why don’t you suck him off?’ Australia is a tough place to play cricket, and not only for visiting teams.”

Whatever you might think of the circumstances of his departure that he managed to turn around a culture within the team that reached it's nadir at Newlands and had tolerated this sort of thing in the past means his tenure wasn't totally wasted.

The whole culture thing was a bunch of overblown nonsense led by some manipulative media people who were probably still upset after getting shoved in the lockers during high school because they were always whiney little eggheads which caused them to have a chip on their shoulder against anyone they seemed successful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tim Paine caught in sexting scandal, resigns as Test Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Back