Tim Paine caught in sexting scandal, resigns as Test Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

From earlier this year lol:
ABC News Breakfast star Tony Armstrong had an embarrassing slip of the tongue on air this morning.
The hosts were in fits of laughter after the sports presenter accidentally said “bulging dick” instead of “bulging disc” during a report about Australian cricket captain, Tim Paine.

“Tim Paine is set to undergo neck surgery but medical staff remain confident the veteran will be fit for the Ashes. Paine has a bulging dick,” Armstrong said before quickly correcting himself.

The mistake left ABC News Breakfast co-host Lisa Millar in hysterics and she appeared to be wiping tears of laughter from her eyes.

I remember the days when a good dose of sexting was a pre-requisite to be Australian captain.
In the old old days you’d have to take a Kodak Instamatic shot of the f*ckstick, print it out, stick it an an envelope, find her address, find a postage stamp and then walk up to the nearest postbox and mail it. By the time you got to licking the seal on the envelope you’d think “Nah, this is stupid….”. With modern technology it happens all too quickly…….

“The allegations raised against Tim Paine by a former Cricket Tasmania employee were only brought to the attention of Cricket Tasmania when formal charges of theft were laid against that employee in mid 2018,” Cricket Tasmania said in a statement.

Cricket Tasmania Chairman, Andrew Gaggin, said there was no complaint raised at the time of the incident in November 2017, nor when the employee’s position with the organisation was terminated.”

"As soon as Cricket Tasmania was made aware, it undertook an investigation that determined the interaction was consensual, private, occurred on the one occasion only, was between mature adults and was not repeated"

Something not adding up here think its pretty ridiculous to lose ur life over something like this..

“The allegations raised against Tim Paine by a former Cricket Tasmania employee were only brought to the attention of Cricket Tasmania when formal charges of theft were laid against that employee in mid 2018,” Cricket Tasmania said in a statement.

Cricket Tasmania Chairman, Andrew Gaggin, said there was no complaint raised at the time of the incident in November 2017, nor when the employee’s position with the organisation was terminated.”

"As soon as Cricket Tasmania was made aware, it undertook an investigation that determined the interaction was consensual, private, occurred on the one occasion only, was between mature adults and was not repeated"

Something not adding up here think its pretty ridiculous to lose ur life over something like this..
So has she had a change of heart and now lodged a complaint ?

Anxiety and Depression, Mental health issues have been out of control for 20 years now.
If as you say it is such a better world now then why are so many struggling to get by day to day and have so many issues.
Your post was implying that the world is a worse place now because people are too scared to speak in case other people get offended. To me that is a ridiculous and unfounded position to take. The world is better for people considering how what they say impacts other people and then determining if it's worth saying.

If your argument is that there are massive problems with people's mental health in Australia and around the world then we're in total agreement.

If you're trying to make the argument that Tim Paine sending an unsolicited dickpic to a woman, holding a press conference of his own volition announcing his resignation and copping negativity because of his actions shows us that people are too scared to say anything anymore and thus people have mental health issues and thus the world is a worse place, I don't know what the hell you're talking about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More i think of it, more it sounds like CA cleaning house with their new board and ceo.

Anxiety and Depression, Mental health issues have been out of control for 20 years now.
If as you say it is such a better world now then why are so many struggling to get by day to day and have so many issues.
yeah it was heaps better when marital rape was legal, being gay was illegal, and 'dealing with your emotions' meant suppressing everything, simply allowing people to treat you poorly because you dont want to cause trouble, and instead drinking yourself to oblivion.

welcome to the present day old man, things have changed for the better. emotional and sexual abuse isnt acceptable anymore. try to keep up.

Thats not what I'm saying and only a flog MRA could think it is.

I'm actually more of a CSA flog. Common Sense Activist..! Clearly that's often quite a challenge on this board...

One thing I try and avoid is presenting 'opinion' as 'context', actually thought that was a 'Moderator role/policy' - but obviously this is not the case..?

Last edited:
Women and married man engage in consensual flirting with plenty of innuendo.

This shouldn't be news. Pretty much all couples stray these days at some point. On that count, Paine only has to answer to his family.

Woman is charged with theft and then raises these allegations according to Cricket Tasmania.

I'm a cynical person.

It's not hard to imagine a scenario where a woman thinks "I am not ok with this but the guy's in the Australian cricket team and I'm just a receptionist so there's zero chance anyone will take action so I won't waste my time."

And that the Australian captain was cleared by inquiries probably proves the point. If they found out just after he became captain - particularly in the way it happened, and particularly given he was seen as The Nice Guy - well, there's zero appetite for either Cricket Australia or Cricket Tasmania to do anything but keep it quiet.

yeah it was heaps better when marital rape was legal, being gay was illegal, and 'dealing with your emotions' meant suppressing everything, simply allowing people to treat you poorly because you dont want to cause trouble, and instead drinking yourself to oblivion.

welcome to the present day old man, things have changed for the better. emotional and sexual abuse isnt acceptable anymore. try to keep up.

Let's home that women also come to the party as many men have.

I look forward to the day that women take on, what traditionally, has been seen as the man's role and not regressing back to traditional female roles when it suits them.

We knew CA were desperate to put in a squeaky clean captain after sandpapergate but knowing this was hovering over their head when they appointed Paine showed how truly horrifically desperate they were haha.

These were the options at the time (4th test), in hindsight it would've then been between Khawaja and S Marsh as Cummins would've still had some dark clouds over his name due to being a bowler and miraculously not knowing that the ball was being tampered with.

1637303077618.png

These were the options at the time (4th test), in hindsight it would've then been between Khawaja and S Marsh as Cummins would've still had some dark clouds over his name due to being a bowler and not knowing that the ball was being tampered with.

and as much as Ussie is a good bloke he isn't the guy you bring in to "tow the line"

It's not hard to imagine a scenario where a woman thinks "I am not ok with this but the guy's in the Australian cricket team and I'm just a receptionist so there's zero chance anyone will take action so I won't waste my time."

And that the Australian captain was cleared by inquiries probably proves the point. If they found out just after he became captain - particularly in the way it happened, and particularly given he was seen as The Nice Guy - well, there's zero appetite for either Cricket Australia or Cricket Tasmania to do anything but keep it quiet.

I think you are spinning a narrative that is in no way congruent with the facts as we know them.

This conversation was laced with sexual innuendo on both sides.

Let's be honest, Tim Paine is a handsome guy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tim Paine caught in sexting scandal, resigns as Test Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Back