Traded Tim Taranto [Traded to Richmond for #12 and #19]

Remove this Banner Ad

Think Ralphsmith is the best we'd get from you as well, Gibcus being untouchable and Maurice probably the same. Although a mid first each for TT and Hopper is probably a bit light even with the steak knives
Aarts and Castagna it is

They need a top tier ruck. Soldo is what they already have. Its basically paying people to play neafl if they do that
Yeah, it'd be like Geelong bringing in Cegler.

List cloggers
That's three-time premiership list-clogger to you.

GWS would have strong memories of George tearing Haynes to shreds on his way to almost winning a Norm Smith medal.

If it's for Taranto and Hopper

variety see GIF

Wouldn’t say weak, it’s middle of the road and relying extremely hard on two players (Cotchin and Prestia)

When both firing we can match it with anyone but due to Cotchins age and Prestias body it dosent happen as much as we would like

exactly. Why we're after TT and Hopper

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS would have strong memories of George tearing Haynes to shreds on his way to almost winning a Norm Smith medal.
I am sorry but since when was polling 0 Norm Smith medal votes 'almost winning the North Smith medal'?

I am sorry but since when was polling 0 Norm Smith medal votes 'almost winning the North Smith medal'?
20 disposals, 586 metres gained, 3 clearances, 10 score involvements, 1 contested mark, 17 pressure acts. If he'd kicked 6.0 instead of 0.5 and one out on the full he would have bolted it in.

So close.

20 disposals, 586 metres gained, 3 clearances, 10 score involvements, 1 contested mark, 17 pressure acts. If he'd kicked 6.0 instead of 0.5 and one out on the full he would have bolted it in.

So close.
So if the guy who has been inaccurate in front of goal most of his career was more accurate he would have maybe won it.

We had no backup to rhys (we consider blitz a roving mid and conway is an 18yo who isnt ready) which is why ceglar for cheap was ok.

Gws already have perfectly capable mid aged guys in flynn and briggs backing up preuss. The last thing they need is another backup ruck who cant play anywhere else.

So if the guy who has been inaccurate in front of goal most of his career was more accurate he would have maybe won it.
Or maybe - just maybe - you don't get jokes.

We had no backup to rhys (we consider blitz a roving mid and conway is an 18yo who isnt ready) which is why ceglar for cheap was ok.

Gws already have perfectly capable mid aged guys in flynn and briggs backing up preuss. The last thing they need is another backup ruck who cant play anywhere else.
Yeah my thinking is the same, don't see Soldo as enough of an upgrade for it to be worth it for GWS. He's worth plenty to us as a low-cost, much-loved back-up to Nank.

Surely Taranto is worth 2 first rounders?
Former pick 2, aged 23, an inside mid, a B&F winner already for a side that made a GF? They are paying him $750k for SEVEN years?

He’s worth a lot more than the like of Izak Rankine, put it that way. And everyone accepts Rankine is going to cost pick 5.

I would think the tigers will need to pay 12 plus a future 1st.
This trade should be along similar lines to Adam Treloar and Dylan Shiel. Possibly Taranto is worth even more as he’s a better player than both of them IMO.

Former pick 2, aged 23, an inside mid, a B&F winner already for a side that made a GF? They are paying him $750k for SEVEN years?

He’s worth a lot more than the like of Izak Rankine, put it that way. And everyone accepts Rankine is going to cost pick 5.

This trade should be along similar lines to Adam Treloar and Dylan Shiel. Possibly Taranto is worth even more as he’s a better player than both of them IMO.
Maybe 2 with them getting something back but 12 alone should not be enough.

One of the better young midfielders coming in to his prime on a huge deal is worth more than a first.

I agree in simplistic form, but they simply cant afford to keep him, so it does change the landscape a bit. How much though is yet to be seen.

How much better of a player is Tim Taranto than Josh Dunkley?

I do think Taranto is better but seeing what GWS are asking for excites me a bit.

If Geelong secure Hopper I'd imagine GWS can dig their claws in for Taranto. When he's playing inside mid he's an absolute beast, 23 years old and very durable. 12 and 19 seems pretty bang on for me.

If Geelong secure Hopper I'd imagine GWS can dig their claws in for Taranto. When he's playing inside mid he's an absolute beast, 23 years old and very durable. 12 and 19 seems pretty bang on for me.
Taranto is 25 in January. Not sure where this 23 year old talk has come from.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Tim Taranto [Traded to Richmond for #12 and #19]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back