Time to unleash Setanta

Remove this Banner Ad

parrot said:
The Dees will be too busy with their early season premiership celebrations. They've already poped the corks. It's become a yearly tradition, as has their end-of-year-screaming-heap collapses. Last years one was particularly spectacular. :)

So was 2000's

:eek:

Joffaboy said:
Both are extremely ordinary players who are lucky Carlton have been poor for so long otherwise they wouldn't be on an AFL list. Livingstone certainly, and Thornton probably, although he is marginally better than that incredibly bad Livingstone.
Agree with Livo although he's shown a bit this year but I challenge you to put up any evidence regarding Thornton to prove your point. ie is it your opinion?

Joffaboy said:
Both are extremely ordinary players who are lucky Carlton have been poor for so long otherwise they wouldn't be on an AFL list. Livingstone certainly, and Thornton probably, although he is marginally better than that incredibly bad Livingstone.

LOL Are you taking the ********? Thornton is better that any of your KP defenders, Hughton, Penny or Maguire. If he played for the saints you would change your tune JB

Joffaboy said:
Possibly the worse two backmen in the League.

Thornton is probably the most talanted young defender in the comp. His pace on the lead, anticipation, decision making, and hand/foot skills are exceptional. Thrives on pressure. Livo has been performing quite nicely this year before injury. Karl is another highly talented, tall, fast defender. Very fast on the lead, amazing kick, but requires a little work on his attititude.

Nice contrast to the Saints defence, which is one of the most talenteless going around, and is the main reason they've lost 2. Baker, Maxie, Schwarz, Penny, Thomson and co are mediocrity in motion. Their poor footy skills are a contast source of amusement, and are now being targetted by opposition coaches with some success on a fairly regular basis. :)

parrot said:
Thornton is probably the most talanted young defender in the comp. His pace on the lead, anticipation, decision making, and hand/foot skills are exceptional. Thrives on pressure. Livo has been performing quite nicely this year before injury. Karl is another highly talented, tall, fast defender. Very fast on the lead, amazing kick, but requires a little work on his attititude.

Both are crap. Everyone knows it

Nice contrast to the Saints defence, which is one of the most talenteless going around, and is the main reason they've lost 2. Baker, Maxie, Schwarz, Penny, Thomson and co are mediocrity in motion. Their poor footy skills are a contast source of amusement, and are now being targetted by opposition coaches with some success on a fairly regular basis.

Baker, Maxie, Schwarz, Penny, Thomson (whoever he is, mabye Thompson the midfielder who has never played defence :rolleyes: ) and co > than the incredibly hopeless Livingstone and useless Thornton. :)

parrot said:

You have really out done yourself this time

:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ben.carbonaro said:
This is all news to me, who was Setenta elevated off the rookie list for ?

Who's the player on long term injury list at Carlton ?
Don't start throwing logic at parrot. Let him have his fantasy.

ben.carbonaro said:
This is all news to me, who was Setenta elevated off the rookie list for ?

Who's the player on long term injury list at Carlton ?

I've heard that we may be able to elevate him off the Rookie list without a LTI i.e. like Davey. Otherwise Brad Fisher and Hartlett are possble LTI's. :)

I feel sorry for Setanta that his name his mentioned in this thread.

FFS, he's only in this 2nd year of football, ever. And from all reports, despite the limited amount of time in the game, he has done better in the VFL than a heap of other players who have played footy all their lives. Give the kid a break, every time his name is mentioned here people pounce on him? Why is that? Do people here hate him? Do people here dismiss him purely because he doesn't come from a football background? Or do people use him as ammo to bag our club just because they have some sort of vendetta against it (these people know who they are)

Bloody hell, give the kid a chance and some time to prove himself. And parrot, stop using him to enhance false optimism. He is NOT going start dominating and kick bags of 10 when he arrives. He has shown in the VFL that he can certainly become a decent player, given his results having touching a football for the first time in this life only a couple of years back.

If he becomes crap, so what? We didn't lose anything by gaining him but really, lay off him people.

Joffaboy said:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHHAhahahahahahahahahahahahahaAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :)
You are fast becoming a bigger joke than John Elliott, a mere charicature of yourself. Thornton is fairly highly rated by most football insiders but no, the world of Joffaboy says he is a dud.

Sure, you will come back and talk about Carlton supporters who have sledged the Saints in the past as justification for your inane ramblings, but I don't know that someone doing the same thing can take any moral ground whatsoever. In other words, you are every bit as bad as those that you condemn. Case closed.

*Sigh*
Another parrot "Kick Me" thread.

Starting these sort of threads repeatedly is almost as baffling as a forum member still not able to use the quote function correctly after 7000+ posts.

It seems that the presence of Parrot has the ability to turn certain posters into blubbering idiots who seemingly lose all focus and become incapable of rational discussion.

Thrawn said:
I feel sorry for Setanta that his name his mentioned in this thread.

FFS, he's only in this 2nd year of football, ever. And from all reports, despite the limited amount of time in the game, he has done better in the VFL than a heap of other players who have played footy all their lives. Give the kid a break, every time his name is mentioned here people pounce on him? Why is that? Do people here hate him? Do people here dismiss him purely because he doesn't come from a football background? Or do people use him as ammo to bag our club just because they have some sort of vendetta against it (these people know who they are)

Bloody hell, give the kid a chance and some time to prove himself. And parrot, stop using him to enhance false optimism. He is NOT going start dominating and kick bags of 10 when he arrives. He has shown in the VFL that he can certainly become a decent player, given his results having touching a football for the first time in this life only a couple of years back.

If he becomes crap, so what? We didn't lose anything by gaining him but really, lay off him people.
Thrawn you shouldn’t take parrot or the responses to him so seriously, we don't.

Parrot defines the supporters I term lemmings. I know it gets bandied around a lot, but parrot is the epitome of the Carlton lemming. It is beyond parrot’s comprehension to see his club in any other light than the fantasy he has built in his own mind. Anyone with an ounce of sense would realise that Setanta needs game time - and lots of it.

Don’t take this thread as ridicule of the player rather then the poster.

Yze_Magic said:
You have really out done yourself this time

Sound like you need to grab yourself a tape of the Dees last 2 encounters with the Blues and watch what Thornton and Livo did to your KP forwards. Just remind us all, how many goal did Neitz and Miller get in those 2 games? :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Time to unleash Setanta

Remove this Banner Ad

Back