Time to unleash Setanta

Remove this Banner Ad

Thrawn you shouldn’t take parrot or the responses to him so seriously, we don't.

You don't, do you?

I had to laugh at that - that is either a lie or you have a different defiition of what being serious is than most people. Most threads involving him you and a few others think it serious enough to follow him around and berate him on various threads. For instance, look at the squabbles between him and Joffaboy - I think it's safe to say that he takes his responses seriously enough to warrant posts and posts of "HAHAHAHAHAs" and general insults, not to mention taking him on every point.

If you didn't take him seriously you wouldn't even bother with him - simple as that. Yet you spend a lot of your time replying to him.

Parrot doesn't concern me. What does is some of the people attitudes on here concerning Setanta O'hAlpin. Which is why I posted on this thread in he first place

stokesy said:
Can I ask, how is Setenta going to play AFL football in senior level?

Has he been elevated off the rookie list?

Please tell me if he has.

No he is still on the rookie list,we have no LTI (8 weeks or more)

Thrawn said:
You don't, do you?

I had to laugh at that - that is either a lie or you have a different defiition of what being serious is than most people.
My first post on this thread could hardly be misinterpreted as a serious reply.

Get a grip dude - a lie? Quick call a royal commission!

Parrot creates these threads because he likes the abuse, makes him feel important. Since we generally ignore him when he posts within serious threads, he feels the need to create these to get a response. I obliged with about 10 letters and a click on the mouse, others spent about just as much time. We feel it’s a community service (might help keep him out of the serious threads).

But please, for Christ sake don’t take yourself or BF so god damn seriously.

Yze_Magic said:
I hope Setanta isnt unleashed against the Demons, how will we stop him?

He is tall, fast, agile, has an amazing footy brain, and has so muhc TALENT. He is the complete package

When I watch him play I see a combination of Ablett, Carey, Matthews, Guinness and leprechauns

Setanta, you star
well if he does ..then he will only need one handball to beat your superstar ;)

JeffDunne said:

Get a grip dude - a lie? Quick call a royal commission!

Parrot creates these threads because he likes the abuse, makes him feel important....

You’ve got a very negative way of looking at things JD. After big expectations at the start of the year, the Blues are going through a few difficulties i.e. injuries and well publicised suspensions. These little challenges are just a part of what any footy team has to endure. I’m just pointing out that all is not doom and gloom. Those who have watched Setanta train and play, know this guy is absolutely dying to have a go at senior level. His determination is scary, and Pagan has quite rightly tried to delay his introduction into the seniors until latter this year. Lots of effort has been put into his ruck and forward line skills, and is progressing nicely. But things have changed. Having a bit more responsibility, rather than just being a bench warmer in the seniors, may accelerate Setanta’s development even faster. May be a great opportunity. With Campo and Scotland out, a bigger midfield role is available to Andrew Walker and Chambers. Another great opportunity. Russell has been performing well in the VFL, and this may be great time for him to debut. If a team’s going have difficulties, best to have them now, rather than do-a-Melbourne and lose everything in the last 2 months. :)

parrot said:
Sound like you need to grab yourself a tape of the Dees last 2 encounters with the Blues and watch what Thornton and Livo did to your KP forwards. Just remind us all, how many goal did Neitz and Miller get in those 2 games? :)
Eh? Two games ago we beat you by 105 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

parrot said:
Those who have watched Setanta train and play, know this guy is absolutely dying to have a go at senior level. His determination is scary, and Pagan has quite rightly tried to delay his introduction into the seniors until latter this year.
Umm . . . I know you're a silly little twit, but aren't you contradicting yourself?

So can I gather by the above quote that Pagan has tried to keep him out of the side but the unlimited skills of Setanta extend to the match committee?

Have we already found a replacement for Collo?

JeffDunne said:
So can I gather by the above quote that Pagan has tried to keep him out of the side but the unlimited skills of Setanta extend to the match committee?

He hasn't been held back actually. It's just we don't have long-term injuries.

Pagan would've brought him in weeks ago if he had the chance.

Funkalicous said:
He hasn't been held back actually. It's just we don't have long-term injuries.

Pagan would've brought him in weeks ago if he had the chance.
You're being as silly as parrot.

Forget about Setanta!

If only he was 21 or 22 this man below could have been recruited to Aussie Rules and become one of the best fub/chb in the league.

goz2.jpg

His name is Graham Canty plays club football for Bantry Blues and County Football for The Rebel County Cork, same county that Setanta is from.

Most people will think Graham who?

But if anyone watched the International Rules games closely he was the Irish fub who handled Barry Hall with aplomb and put a monster tackle/hit on an aussie player (either brown or johnson).

Setanta might make the grade, he might not.

But Graham Canty could have made the grade easily.

Wonder if we can get him over by the weekend and signed up.

JeffDunne said:

I wasn't talking about your first post.

But please, for Christ sake don’t take yourself or BF so god damn seriously.

Where am I taking BF seriously? LOL - it's only an internet messageboard... I only pointed out that you and a few select others are kididng themselves if you think you don't take parrot seriously. Considering all the replies, and the time devoted to him...

You're wasting your time with him - you are obsessed into trying to make him look like a fool but he likes the attention.

And me being "too serious" or not is not the issue here. So you can stop sidetracking my actual point thank you. ;)

theorangeapple said:
damn big call..a call i dont think it is justified. and he isnt that young at 22.

He has well and truly beaten the best FF in the leauge,also he is fast and a good kick and 22 is young.

Yze_Magic said:
Carlton supporters have been so starved of success this century that they actually count practice games in these discussions

Sad :rolleyes:

That win over Melbourne shouldn't count, but it's a bit rich Melbourne supporters claiming this when they beat St.Kilda not even in the Wizard cup but the regional challenge series and you guys had several threads bragging about it for the next week. Saints fans can back this up.

Thrawn said:
I feel sorry for Setanta that his name his mentioned in this thread.

FFS, he's only in this 2nd year of football, ever. And from all reports, despite the limited amount of time in the game, he has done better in the VFL than a heap of other players who have played footy all their lives. Give the kid a break, every time his name is mentioned here people pounce on him? Why is that? Do people here hate him? Do people here dismiss him purely because he doesn't come from a football background? Or do people use him as ammo to bag our club just because they have some sort of vendetta against it (these people know who they are)

Bloody hell, give the kid a chance and some time to prove himself. And parrot, stop using him to enhance false optimism. He is NOT going start dominating and kick bags of 10 when he arrives. He has shown in the VFL that he can certainly become a decent player, given his results having touching a football for the first time in this life only a couple of years back.

If he becomes crap, so what? We didn't lose anything by gaining him but really, lay off him people.

Get the feeling that the usual drones are hoping he will play soon, so they can start posting about what a joke he/Carlton are after his first game. yawn... Followed by bringing up their bookmarked Parrot posts that have no doubt been stored. (The guy that apparently noone takes seriously)... zzzzzz ... We'll also see the odd link to a token "All the best to Setanta" post to divert any bias when needed... This IS BigFooty...

I think he'll stay in the reserves and only IF he shows 'considerable' improvement over the season, then he *may* be kept on the list next year. Were starved of talls but he is nowhere near ready..

Remove this Banner Ad

Time to unleash Setanta

Remove this Banner Ad

Back