Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not wish to impugn your state. But your poodle ClayMonk has been discussing a hypothetical deal where Kieran Jack is traded to Adelaide, which is laughable regardless of whatever could be offered in return. He's from Sydney, son of a League champion, he'll never play for Adelaide. Tippett is a different kettle of fish. He's from Sydney, Gold Coast, Brisbane, GWS, Collingwood, born and bred. Completely different.
Don't forget Carlton.

Except KT has not been delisted. Per posts ranging throughout the thread, until 31 Oct, KT is "bound" to Adelaide. At that time, if he chooses to enter a draft, Adelaide must delist him. The new rules already state that a delisted player can sign for another team at any time, as an uncontracted previously listed player (during the free agency period).
Provided they weren't offered a contract (eg. didn't ask to be delisted), and were delisted in the current post-season, hence why Tom Lee couldn't be signed straight out.

Actually the poster was implying it. You are inferring that meaning from what he/she wrote.

Also just read an article that says Carlton don't have the cap room for Tippett.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/silence-of-the-blues-a-surprise-20121019-27wus.html
Plenty of factual evidence in that article. Particularly liked the sentiment that 'Collingwood were always going to trade Dawes'. Easy enough to say in hindsight.

I personally don't think Carlton will go after Tippett, but I think the salary cap thing is bullshit. McLean and Warnock on reduced contracts, Bower delisted, Russell and Thornton departed. And with Judd's contracted front-ended I seriously doubt they'd have an issue making space if they wished to.

Plenty of factual evidence in that article. Particularly liked the sentiment that 'Collingwood were always going to trade Dawes'. Easy enough to say in hindsight.

I personally don't think Carlton will go after Tippett, but I think the salary cap thing is bullshit. McLean and Warnock on reduced contracts, Bower delisted, Russell and Thornton departed. And with Judd's contracted front-ended I seriously doubt they'd have an issue making space if they wished to.
Unrelated but your post triggered something thats been nagging at me for a while. I would hate to be on a front loaded contract. imagine in your first year of a three year contract you get double your salary in teh first year, get your average salary in your second year, and work for free in your third year. (i know im exaggerating a bit) I dont know many young guys taht plan well for their future, so the money would disappear and then all of a sudden youre getting 30 possessions and 2 goals a game for peanuts.

hasnt the free agency window closed? if what you/he was claiming is true why have a PSD at all?

There is another Free Agency period especially for players whom have been delisted, or who did not get picked up during the first period (Russell, Thornton). Un-contracted players who have knocked back an offer from their current club do not count as delisted free agents, and as such, must enter either draft to find a new club.

Unrelated but your post triggered something thats been nagging at me for a while. I would hate to be on a front loaded contract. imagine in your first year of a three year contract you get double your salary in teh first year, get your average salary in your second year, and work for free in your third year. (i know im exaggerating a bit) I dont know many young guys taht plan well for their future, so the money would disappear and then all of a sudden youre getting 30 possessions and 2 goals a game for peanuts.

If you have a $3m 3 year contract, structured as $1.9m first year, $1m second year, and $100k third year according to the teams salary cap, I wonder if you're still allowed to instruct your club to pay you $1m a year to avoid the situation you've mentioned.

There is another Free Agency period especially for players whom have been delisted, or who did not get picked up during the first period (Russell, Thornton). Un-contracted players who have knocked back an offer from their current club do not count as delisted free agents, and as such, must enter either draft to find a new club.
Delisted Players Free Agency Period Nov 1 to Nov 13.

I love Adelaide. Don't get me wrong. Some of my best friends have been to Adelaide. Your man Clay Monk, if that is his real name, keeps throwing up hypothetical deals where he throws up chaff for a contracted player. Everyone knows that you only throw chaff for an uncontracted, seriously cheesed off player who is determined to come to your club.

And who knows, 23 could be another Zaharakis, and White could be better than Tippett. It's in the hands of the Gods and the city of churches.

I see what you did there.

Now you are red on white, just like your club.

That was very clever of you.

"Swans need third club to snare Crows forward Kurt Tippett

Michelangelo Rucci The Advertiser
October 22, 2012 10:00PM

KURT Tippett's stalemate in moving from the Crows to AFL premier Sydney enters Day 15 today with little prospect of a third party acting as a deal maker.

Just as the Swans have no player to immediately satisfy Adelaide's needs to seal the trade for Tippett before Friday's deadline, Sydney also has no player to unload to a third party to find an early draft pick to onpass to the Crows."

Wow I never thought I'd agree with (or at least not be completely disgusted by) a three way suggested by Rucci. Especially when he uses words like "unload" and "satisfy needs". Mmmmmm.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KURT Tippett's stalemate in moving from the Crows to AFL premier Sydney enters Day 15 today with little prospect of a third party acting as a deal maker.

Just as the Swans have no player to immediately satisfy Adelaide's needs to seal the trade for Tippett before Friday's deadline, Sydney also has no player to unload to a third party to find an early draft pick to onpass to the Crows."

Wow I never thought I'd agree with (or at least not be completely disgusted by) a three way suggested by Rucci. Especially when he uses words like "unload" and "satisfy needs". Mmmmmm.....

Smells Like Teen Parker....

He writes such crap. They have plenty of players other clubs would want they just dont want to give them up

Don't no why, but I'm smelling more interest in Parker from Collingwood, rather than Carlton?

hasnt the free agency window closed? if what you/he was claiming is true why have a PSD at all?
another free agency window 1st November i think, so players like Salopek, Russell and Thornton can find new homes without having to go through PSD. Only difference between this window is no compensation is given. I have no idea why they have a secondary free agency window. Players who miss out should either re-sign with their respective clubs, or nominate for the PSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back