Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
"We have nothing to hide - and we have opened all the books to the AFL without condition," Chapman said.
"I can give a gold-plated commitment the AFL will find nothing."
I can't imagine he's the sort of person to make these comments without something to base them on....

I would be more than extremely mother ****ing suprised if he did. The guys bread and butter was insurance and he was really big on compliance when he was my boss so he'd feel pretty comfortable he is right to make that comment

dont-mind-pet-goat-1.jpg

I love the subtle dig at 'another media outlet' (read Rucci)

Contrary to reports in another media outlet, the Crows have told the AFL's investigators there is nothing untoward about Tippett's brother Joel's move to Adelaide this year. Joel Tippett played for West Adelaide this season after being delisted by Gold Coast.
Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/tamper-affair-tippett-trade-scuppered-20121025-287t7.html#ixzz2AJ53FZ8U
As serious as this can be for Adelaide, it is funny watching AdelaideNow and The Age taking subtle pot shots at each other throughout the saga:D

I love the subtle dig at 'another media outlet' (read Rucci)

As serious as this can be for Adelaide, it is funny watching AdelaideNow and The Age taking subtle pot shots at each other throughout the saga:D

Hopefully the silver lining from this saga is that Emma gets offered the Chief Football Writer position for the Advertiser...

I would be more than extremely mother ******* suprised if he did. The guys bread and butter was insurance and he was really big on compliance when he was my boss so he'd feel pretty comfortable he is right to make that comment
But im sure a few weeks ago Chapman would have also said check us we are squeaky clean, little did he know Triggys been harboring a few little secrets. So for all we know there could be other little gems.

I would be more than extremely mother ******* suprised if he did. The guys bread and butter was insurance and he was really big on compliance when he was my boss so he'd feel pretty comfortable he is right to make that comment
Mind you he was happy to sit on an illegal deal for 3 years and say nothing til we looked like getting burned by it. (Or is he claiming he didn't know?)

"The AFL will find nothing" - the cynic in me reads that a different way.

Sort of like our declarations that THERE IS NO EXIT CLAUSE IN KURT'S CONTRACT... which was the 'truth' (nods head and smiles) but not 'the truth' (shakes head and frowns).

How things can change so quickly!! :(

It was only 23 days ago that this thread started with Tippett's announcement that he was leaving Adelaide for an unknown destination. We all naturally assumed that would be either the Gold Coast or Brisbane.

That of course prompted excitement about the trade period with thoughts of either 2 first round draft picks or a 1st rounder and a player to come our way plus $800k to $1 million freed up in the coffers to make an assault on the trade market. This was going to be party time trade wise, and the BigFooty Adelaide Board went into joyous melt-down.

Then a few days later came the first shock to the system. The prick had chosen Sydney - the club with the worst draft picks and not too much to trade our way in terms of players that fitted our needs. Okay - a bit of a hiccup but that's up to Sydney to get the job done. A trade here and there with a 3rd party was what they had to do, and we would come out alright out of this. Maybe not quite as good as before but still okay.

Then we have that idiot Ireland saying they wouldn't trade their premiership players and eventually ruling out all their promising juniors. We had to win somehow, didn't we, but it was becoming harder and harder to see how.

Then came the biggest insult so far. Pick 23 plus Jesse White. The equivalent of a 2nd round pick and a genuine scrubber!! Fk me!! Sydney can't be serious - they'll have to back down eventually. Expectations were dropping to lower levels though.

Then came the first real body blow and a complete insult to all supporters of the AFc - Adelaide actually tried to officially accept that insulting offer of pick 23 + White only last Friday. The AFL refuse to accept it as a bona fide trade (surprise surprise :rolleyes:) which I think we can now definitely link with the Chairman of the AFC telling Demetriou that like the cuckolded husband, there is some nasty secret that unfortunately he has to be told.

Rumours are starting to run rife in the press boxes, and we all say surely not to them, but with an ever sickening feeling in our guts.

These rumours don't go away. In fact they become more detailed. Adelaide did indeed have a gentlemen's agreement to trade Tippett for a 2nd round draft pick. WTF? Surely not.Nobody is that stupid ....... are they?? Still it's only verbal and nobody can ever prove that. Looks like we'd better grab the offer of pick 23 plus Jesse White and run.

Wait, it's not a verbal agreement. It's in print. What bloody idiot makes such an agreement and puts it in print? Ermmmm, Trigg and Reid apparently. Oh well, we'll get a rap over the knuckles and a small fine for a bit of draft tampering, but still let's concentrate on getting SOMETHING for Tippett.

What!! You're saying there's even more!! There's bloody emails outside the AFL's agreement detailing it all PLUS we have agreed to pay money outside the cap!! I must be going nuts - surely this can't be true. Not even an idiot would do this, would they?? Oh yeah, I forgot - it's Triggy and Reidy!! We are completely screwed and the AFL are going to investigate it:thumbsdown:

Yes, it's all confirmed.We have done all these things and we're facing sanctions. :(

There's talk of huge fines and a loss of draft picks once the AFL have finished their investigation andd Tippett has gone into the draft for nothing.

So now, it's no longer a question of how many top draft picks and players we will get this trading period - it's now a question of what will we lose!! Thanks a fkg million Trigg and Reid!!

650 plus pages, 16,000 plus posts and now thousands of shattered perceptions and dreams.

All in 23 days.

Mind you he was happy to sit on an illegal deal for 3 years and say nothing til we looked like getting burned by it. (Or is he claiming he didn't know?)

He's trying to claim it, without actually claiming it...if you know what I mean o_O

I agree with what Wayne's World said earlier today - there's simply no ****ing way that the board/Chapman wouldn't have asked Trigg/others the question about this agreement by now if they weren't aware of it, it's come up far too often over the last eighteen months.

Your trolling was half bearable when it wasn't obvious you were a gutless flog. You posted right up to the point he announced Sydney. Then you changed your status 2 days later. Then we heard nothing from you until you thought you could spin your way back in. That's gutless, spineless and pathetic.

If you want to troll go to Bay 13 because if you hadn't noticed we are in a world of pain and don't need your crap.

Now that sounds more like THE MOB we all came to know and love.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sort of like our declarations that THERE IS NO EXIT CLAUSE IN KURT'S CONTRACT... which was the 'truth' (nods head and smiles) but not 'the truth' (shakes head and frowns).

I would suggest he was lied to by Trigg about the agreement as in that it was a verbal agreement with a handshake and nothing more. I can understand your position on this and the Lionel Hutz reference is pretty funny but the guy is black and white when it comes to this stuff. I mean his reputation he has built up over 20 years is on the line here, he wouldn't be making that comment lightly

Lionels-Truth.png

But im sure a few weeks ago Chapman would have also said check us we are squeaky clean, little did he know Triggys been harboring a few little secrets. So for all we know there could be other little gems.

Maybe but I reckon he would have had some checks done before he opened his mouth again. Truly wouldn't be suprised to see the paper tomorrow reading that Trigg fell down a long flight of stairs tonight

Personally, even if we do get fined/sanctioned etc, it'll be worth it to see Tiprat get suspended for 10+ matches or deregistered.

I would suggest he was lied to by Trigg about the agreement as in that it was a verbal agreement with a handshake and nothing more. I can understand your position on this and the Lionel Hutz reference is pretty funny but the guy is black and white when it comes to this stuff. I mean his reputation he has built up over 20 years is on the line here, he wouldn't be making that comment lightly
wasn't there another part to that article which quoted the full statement. something along the lines of .."gold plated commitment the afl will not find anything ... in any of the other contracts"

Great post macca23. It's really hard to fathom how, in such a short space of time, the entire fabric of this club has been turned upside down. :(
Yeah Macca was doing a review similar to yours and as long and went back to post and seen yours .
So cancelled 20 mins of my views mainly covered by you about our roller coaster ride that was going down hill at thousand knots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back