Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
but there is no clause in the contract.

he wasn't lying
That's what I'm saying.

He was telling the truth. I've said all along that our denials about the clause were denials, but they were always very carefully worded. And never categorical.

I don't want to sound like a 'woe is us' supporter and I'm still microwaving my membership and taking a dump on the front step of the Westpac Centre and everything... but is every club doing stuff like this every day? The whole third party payments stuff and backroom 'off the record' deals.

The old school methods - the brown paper bags... the club credit card that got borrowed... buying a player's house and selling it back to them for less... have these little tactics just been replaxed by more elaborate and harder to trace methods? Is it like drugs in cycling where just everyone does it?

Is what has been uncovered at the AFC just the tip of the iceberg both at our club, and throughout the wider competition?

Our mistake was not making a stupid illegal contract/payment, but getting caught doing it.

"The AFL will find nothing" because we've since updated and refined our methods - not because we're clean. As long as dunces like Dangerfield don't tweet pictures of their brand new car we should be all sweet.

I hope this question isn't out of place, but...

Does Tippet have a strong mentality?
I.e. The sort of mentality that would allow him to perform (in 2013) even if he was being booed/sledged by opposition players and fans?

I would be wondering this if I were another club looking at him right now, because I think he is going to be on the receiving end next year and possibly beyond.
I will boo him for the rest of his career the stupid money hungry twat.

I.e. The sort of mentality that would allow him to perform (in 2013) even if he was being booed/sledged by opposition players and fans?

I would be wondering this if I were another club looking at him right now, because I think he is going to be on the receiving end next year and possibly beyond.

It's going to be difficult to tell whether his goal kicking is affected. :cool:

I know I'm really pushing my luck but...

Tippett and Pick 19 for Polec and pick 8?

If not, deal.
Crazy Vossy would only do a deal if he knows Tippett won't get deregistered... which I doubt he will have an answer on before trading ends.

Crazy Vossy would only do a deal if he knows Tippett won't get deregistered... which I doubt he will have an answer on before trading ends.

SEN were saying that the red hot tip is - Tippett will not get punished.

His manager and the Crows will get hit the hardest and he will get off scott free.

Interesting but worrying article.

Good point that we could have just handed Kurt the extra $'s in his contract under the cap & none of this would be an issue - it's not like we were tight in the cap.

If Trigg has kept the board in the dark til it was unavoidable, then he must go. His position is untenable.

I can't believe that Sydney were not informed of the deal by Tippett's team, as otherwise why were they trying to screw us over with White & #23 deal.
Of course Sydney were aware of it and the bastards got greedy and tried to screw us. The AFL cant fall for their ignorance and there is no way he should be able to slip to Sydney in the PSD. The only fair outcome is Tippett for Polec:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm thinking/hoping that we'll have an indication as to whether or not we can still legitimately trade him early tomorrow, leaving 4-6 hours to get a miracle trade over the line. If they've already told a player like Polec that he's on the table then there's a small chance that a player swap could happen, but logistically it's far more likely that we'd just trade for a pick.

I am hoping he stays with us...

Make him play out next season in west adelaide's forward line, that will be punishment enough

Never met the guy but my guess is no, cited high profile in adelaide as a reason he wanted anonymity in sydney

From Caro's article:
"It has not been lost on anyone at either head office or AAMI Stadium that the Crows could simply have paid Tippett the extra $200,000 reportedly mentioned upfront. Staggeringly, they had the room in their salary cap."

Hmmmm methinks it is not a coincidence that Kurt purchased his Adelaide house in September of 2009...

He was MD of Bank SA when he took the top post at the AFC and then became CEO of St George Bank ( St George being the owner of the Bank Sa brand after the State bank fiasco of the early 90s

And who Westpac had bought around the time of the GFC. Having been demoted from the CEO role due to the farce that was the Bank of Melbourne rebranding, he was given the consolation prize of replacing the chairman of the BankSA board on his return to SA. He is now pimping himself out to get on boards left right and centre lol. Easy money if you can get it.

One thing people like him are good at, is making sure the mud doesn't stick to them. I find it highly unlikely the board, or members of the board, were not aware how they managed to retain Tippett in 2009 but I imagine it will be made to look otherwise.

Off topic, I wonder if people will now realise that when the club says they have used up their cap space, that they are lying! An extra $200K we could have fit supposedly. The details of this email agreement is going to be interesting, have a feeling the full content has yet to be revealed.

SEN were saying that the red hot tip is - Tippett will not get punished.

His manager and the Crows will get hit the hardest and he will get off scott free.
Tippett as a minimum should get a massive fine (it's not like he can't afford it!) as he was a party to the agreement. It's irrelevant whether he initiated it. But we are better off if he isn't deregistered & we can trade him to a non-Swans club.

I am going to bed, and tomorrow I have work where I will not be able to check this board...

I will get home around 6pm, and then, finally, this thread should be locked, (as either a trade will have occured or he is going to the draft) and I'll be able to read the rest of the posts and have closure on this whole sordid affair....

one can only hope...

From Caro's article:
"It has not been lost on anyone at either head office or AAMI Stadium that the Crows could simply have paid Tippett the extra $200,000 reportedly mentioned upfront. Staggeringly, they had the room in their salary cap."
Yep, probably in our favour where other clubs such as Carlton have clearly rorted going over the cap - we were still under the cap, but made some stupid agreements/transactions. If that is not mis-management, I don't know what is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back