Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But how can you fit them all in the side now Tippett is there ......players are going to miss out

Can see Day at CHF and Tippett at FF ......but in many respects they're similar players

Are you going to add Hickey, Gorringe, Lynch intro that forward line ....again all similar type players that don't really add anything if you have 3 in the forward line (Day, Tippett and say Lynch)

Still means Gorringe and Hickey not getting gametime ......how does that help development UNLESS you're developing them for trade currency

How are they all going to fit into the lineup without Tippett there? GC just have too many 200cm+ players. They may aswell get rid of 1 or 2 and replace them with 1 who is ready to play now.

Isn't it a real shame .....how many years did we draft/trade talls with constant failure .....to finally get Kurt and have him leave with a sour taste in the supporters and club mouths

At least Sarge was never going to leave us .....says something for mediocrity :p
but in reality, the tall you are talking about is Walker

Tippet, is more like Kosi, honestly without the appearance of Walker, Tippet would still be getting games on Potential

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting Tippet isn't a good player, but he simply isn't the super star KPF the Crows have been seeking - Walker is.

Tippet is and always will be an important focal FF who provides a contest and takes a supreme contested mark, I never rated his work as a CHF, a position Walker took this season.

Oh and he rucks, so basically he is Kosi without the 10 goal haul :p

This is pretty much the problem with the whole tippett scenario. We don't have a pick or player who is expendable to meet the tippett demands. I'd see tippett's worth as around pick 10 which is where swans have an issue. It'd definitely be pick 22 plus player. Player in question is a mystery to me though.

so a million dollar a year KPF and ruckman rolled into one, who is second for contested marks, who is being chased by at least five clubs and probably more isn't even worth pick ten in the draft that would get you an unproven player who may not even amount to anything after 5 years of development? RIDICULOUS....anyone with an ounce of brains would take the guy who is approaching his prime and you know can make a major impact on your team rather than a complete unknown with years of training and development ahead of him

I'm telling why we can't afford to trade him not his worth to you as a club as I said he's of more value to us i could not give a stuff if he couldn't get a run at the ******* bulldogs to US he is a requriment to our success.

Off topic I know, but can you please use some punctuation when you type a post? It is very hard to read without taking a breath!!!!!

so a million dollar a year KPF and ruckman rolled into one, who is second for contested marks, who is being chased by at least five clubs and probably more isn't even worth pick ten in the draft that would get you an unproven player who may not even amount to anything after 5 years of development? RIDICULOUS....anyone with at least an ounce of brains would take the guy who is approaching his prime and you know can make a major impact on your team rather than a complete unknown with years of training and development ahead of him

If you only have an ounce of a brain I'm not sure you are ready to be running a football club :p

When you're offering a guy $1M a year, or there abouts, you clearly rate hi a little higher than pick 10.

I think he's worth pick 1...pick 1 in the draft will have years ahead of him to try and fulfil his potential...if he does indeed turn out to be good....even if we got pick 1 we're being set back at least 5 years...it's utter bullshit

How are they all going to fit into the lineup without Tippett there? GC just have too many 200cm+ players. They may aswell get rid of 1 or 2 and replace them with 1 who is ready to play now.
Exactly ...which is why i have said all along that either Day/Gorringe has to be part of the trade deal

That still leaves:
FORWARD/RUCKS; one of Day (196cm)/Gorringe (200cm), Lynch (199cm) , Dixon (200cm) Hickey (201cm)

DEFENDERS; Moss (195cm), Bock (193cm), Schade (195cm)

As of yesterday they hadnt made an offer...
They are the darkhorse, plenty of salary cap room.
I wonder if they've tried to avoid media attention and have spent the past few weeks rearranging their lists and contracts to provide the cap room for them to dump a $800k+ deal on the table today or over the next few days.

The inexplicable delisting of Retzlaff and to a lesser extent the contract issues with Black are the elephants in the room.

I also assume Moloney and Young are fall back options to fill cap space if the deal doesn't go ahead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry it was a gentle piss take

We don't have anything to offer we can't afford to give up the players we have
Maybe maybe we can trade a backmen but that's about it.

Obviously sydney aren't going to make a good first offer we are in the position of power in this trade, we will be stingy as all hell and the negotiation will drag out.

If we offered up Parker and a backmen straight off the bat that's where the trade negotiation begins your mob won't just say oh that's a fair trade deal done.

As much as we don't want to give anyone up your footy department will want overs it's how trading works you both make under's and over's then meet in the middle.

By putting up Parker first it shows where willing to be serious at the trade table without weakening the team.

you aren't in a position of power....you are one of a bunch of competing clubs...we can simply say 'no we aren't trading to sydney but we'll trade you to GC'....

the only concern for us is if it gets to the point of GWS taking him in the PSD and do a side deal with Sydney but it's still the same for you because you'll have to come up with a good trade or he'll go to another club....you really don't understand this whole trade thing do you? if Sydney were the only club that wanted him you'd be in a stringer position but basically every club wants him and he's made it obvious he's just a dirty little whore who will sell his 'services' to anyone

Wrong on all counts.

Read the announcement from the AFL Yesterday.

GWS CAN PICK UP TIPPETT in the PSD.

Over to the Suns now to trade.

the real danger is, and no one else seems to have picked this up, is that sheedy...the king of the deal could get him for free and then they could on trade him to whoever and reap the benefits leaving us with zip and sheedy some extra draft picks.....

the real danger is, and no one else seems to have picked this up, is that sheedy...the king of the deal could get him for free and then they could on trade him to whoever and reap the benefits leaving us with zip and sheedy some extra draft picks.....

No one has picked that up because it is an impossibility. You cannot draft someone in the PSD then on-trade them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back