Tippett's Gone - READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

Which AFC deserter were/are you most salty towards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
GWS sre talking picks 2 or 3 for Tip. That is Jimmy Toumpos or Grundy territory.

Now we see the second.part of the club making it.oublic we would allow Muppet to go to the.draft. They.would have.known of the GWS interest.

Swans have to get close to this now or not get him. We have the upper hand.

Tippett also has to agree to go to GWS.

Whilst ever Kurt decides that he will only deal with Sydney then we have two option deal with Sydney or PSD. The PSD has become a real weapon since GWS entered the market and may make Sydney think again. But we only have two options. No more.

That's it folks I am out of here. Enjoy the party. I have tried to explain it but not having much luck. I don't think it is what people want to hear.

Our best option is for Sydney to back out of the trade themselves, like the Hawks did. That way Kurt's "nomination" is no longer valid, and with no way back to the Crows, he has to nominate a new club - with GWS offering the same city, similar money and contract length, he might be resigned to going there, or the GWS will certainly push to make him that way before the Gold Coast decides they still have $600k if he's interested in home. GWS have better picks and a rush to snap him up fast, makes it the best option. GCFC have a good player or two and pick 25 to part with, second best option. Sydney upping their bid under pressure to something acceptable - ie sucking it up, and trading one of their 40 "untouchables" for a pick inside the top 15 to go with 22 - is the third option. Final option is that the whole rotting mess falls in a heap, and we lose him for nothing to GWS in the ND or PSD.

Tippett also has to agree to go to GWS.

If we dont like the Sydney deal we say to Tip he can try his luck in the draft if he does not want to agree to the trade to GWS. Where GWS will grab him anyway.

His manager may want to keep a good relationship with us for the future (Tip aint his only client) and may suggest Tip take the trade to GWS, rather than wait to be drafted and make us get nothing.

Now lets see how keen the Swans are on Tip and get us a top five pick.

to be honest, I'd much prefer Sydney trade out some players to GWS causing an uproar with their fans thus making Tippet very unpopular in the process.

We then have a win win, get rid of Tippett and the Swans Culture gets a shake up and hopefully any prospect of them being successful over the next few years goes with it.

How good would it be if the defining moment for the Swans freefall to the bottom of the ladder was trading for Kurt Tippett.

surely the only think holding Kurt to the Swans is the contract and the "culture"

if the GWS meet the contract terms surely even the AFLPA would be hard pressed to stick up for Kurt given he has now nominated Sydney as "home"

If this was a discussion about Port and the Crows, no player would be able to hold the other to ransom based on "culture" and they would end up at either one.

A player can not sign a contract untill their current contract runs out or their club releases them. Untill Oct 31 or untill a trade occurs or we delist him he is an AFC player. Muppet has signed nothing. He has an in principle agreement with the Swans.

A player can not sign a contract untill their current contract runs out or their club releases them. Untill Oct 31 or untill a trade occurs or we delist him he is an AFC player. Muppet has signed nothing. He has an in principle agreement with the Swans.

True, but I meant in terms of Tippett rejecting the GWS as a trade option in the first place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're starting to annoy me. Let me make it simple for you.
  1. Kurt nominates Sydney
  2. Sydney wont deal, offer 22
  3. GWS enter the fray with a better offer, and first pick in PSD to fall back on
  4. Adelaide wait, tell Sydney they have to beat GWS deal, tell GWS if they wont deal, then Adelaide will take Sydney's #22
  5. AFC mediate with Kurt (ie get AFL to kick Kurts arse and remind him that GWS is in Sydney too)
  6. Kurt caves, knowing that GWS have checkmate position of PSD
  7. AFC wins either with a decent upgraded offer from Sydney or GWS picks
Now, please stop posting your drivel.

Thanks mate, I actually fell asleep while banging my head against this brick wall.

Only thing i would add is the presence of other potential suitors will force gws to trade.

As for Kurt not wanting to go there....thats all well and good but if he wants to play he has to go somewhere. Other clubs may well not offer enough money so he may chsnge his mind on gws. Money tslks to kurt. Bottom line is lions, gcs and gws.are all in a position to trade.

GREATER Western Sydney dominates trade talk on Tuesday morning, with newspapers across Australia reporting they are prepared to part with early NAB AFL Draft picks to secure a star player.

That star could be Kurt Tippett, with Giants list manager Stephen Silvagni telling the Daily Telegraph the club is ready to step in if the Sydney Swans can't reach an agreement with Adelaide for the key forward.

"The Crows certainly know we've got some interest in him," Silvagni told the Sydney newspaper.

The Giants hold picks one, two, three, 12 and 13 in next month's draft on the Gold Coast, and Silvagni has said they're willing to part with all but pick one for the right deal.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/149727/default.aspx

This gives you some hope and some negotiating power even if GWS only offer pick 12.

Hmmm...if Caro is to be believed looks like gws tried for another name player but the deal fell through and that's why they are now floating early picks.

Looks like we caught a decent break just in time.

Thanks mate, I actually fell asleep while banging my head against this brick wall.

Only thing i would add is the presence of other potential suitors will force gws to trade.

As for Kurt not wanting to go there....thats all well and good but if he wants to play he has to go somewhere. Other clubs may well not offer enough money so he may chsnge his mind on gws. Money tslks to kurt. Bottom line is lions, gcs and gws.are all in a position to trade.
I think what Dr B has been trying to say is that GWS doesn't have to trade with us. If it gets down to the line, and we can't make a trade with Sydney, GWS can pick him up for free.

However, I don't think it will come to that. feenix67 has it right IMO. Sydney will cave in, trade something to GWS and GWS will onsend something like pick 3 to us or 12 and 13.

Sydney has never been our best option? The instant they won the flag, they became the worst option. Already a rubbish pick to trade, and now ring fencing every player who happened to be watching the Grand Final, let alone playing in it. Even GCFC, with their PSD ability, was a better option. Brisbane was the best option, having a bit to trade, and not a huge amount of leverage.

Then shit happened, and with other clubs keeping their traps shut and hoping to make a stealthy snatch in the draft, Sydney was our only option. Now GWS are in, and they're our best option. For GWS to be part of a trade, Sydney will need to close down and tell Kurt sorry it's not happening, ala Hawthorn and Ryan O'Keefe. Unlike Ryan O'Keefe, all the bridges back to the current club have been burned to the waterline. Then GWS will try to get a deal done quickly, partly because there will be little time left, and partly to stop Kurt from making an apologetic approach to the Gold Coast.

My money is on Sydney backing out.Unless they have someone willing to move, they've got themselves into a right royal mess internally by all this posturing and quarantining of the untouchables. They've painted themselves into corner. So they either force a move and end up with industrial revolution internally or they pull out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back