to Boo or not to Boo, that is the question?

Will you boo/jeer/hiss/bronx cheer Lance Franklin on Saturday Night?

• Yes

Votes: 68 48.2%
  • No

Votes: 73 51.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt he will be booed, I won't bother, I really don't see the point as Buddy will lap it up and play better because of it. It's like when players use to try and rough him up when he was younger thinking it will throw him off his game and he wouldn't take it well. He always ended up having a huge game. The boos will just spur him on.

I won't boo. I hate seeing him in a Swine jumper. It signifies all that is venal and soulless with the competition, in a sport that is all about passion and loyalty. Worse, he made Charlie Crawford cry. So, I will be silent and wait for the karma bus. It may not come tomorrow. But, I have the feeling it will arrive one day.

Buddy booooooooooooooooooots?

Seriously he lost me when he went one more time into the pockets of hawk fans

On a smaller scale its like each time becks changed his hairsyle and the man uniteds merchandise deptshredded unwanted stock through gritted teeth

Tove how the media is concentrating in the return of tippet - who was actully there in r8

Its the hawks who are stronger with hodge mitch and shiels

Last edited:
Except when the WCE roughed him up and did his shoulder

Pretty much every side tried it at one point in the 2007-2008 years, there was a school of thought he didn't like the tough contests and contact which was ridiculous. Practically everytime a team tried it, it backfired.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buddy @ MCG 1st time VS Hawks? Ofcourse he will get booed!

I don't think 1 person exists who does not appreciate what he did for our club over 9 years, but that chapter is well & truly closed...

He is now an opposition player.

This morning I was watching a replay of the round 23 game against Sydney from last year. The boos Buddy got from the Swans crowd post-Malceski bump made me laugh. I was in Sydney for the game earlier this year and they were fawning over him. The hypocrisy of footy supporters (us included).

Don't know how you can boo a bloke that's delivered as much to the club as buddy did. So he's left? So what? Clubs show zero loyalty to players, the minute they cease to be useful they are cut without a seconds thought. The idea that players should show loyalty to clubs is a conceit for fans. Ask the players if they hold it against bud for leaving.

I cant just dislike Buddy. When Swans arent playing us, I still like watching Buddy - cant boo him

I don't. I really can't bear seeing him in a Swans jumper. Have avoided most of the Swans matches this season. (Doesn't help that they have another player I can't stand watching either)

Don't know how you can boo a bloke that's delivered as much to the club as buddy did. So he's left? So what? Clubs show zero loyalty to players, the minute they cease to be useful they are cut without a seconds thought. The idea that players should show loyalty to clubs is a conceit for fans. Ask the players if they hold it against bud for leaving.

Not sure if serious?

Right, so the timing, manner & destination of his departure is of no concern to you whatsoever then?....He blew us a Premiership & not 2 weeks later jumped ship to the mob he was deserting us for, & for which he was the principal protagonist in us losing it to!....On top of which, proceeded to get himself suspended against them in the final H&A in 2013, prior to playing them the following week in the finals, knowing full well he was playing for them the following season!!!!....Are you serious?

Also, What exactly did he contribute to us in last years finals series other than a token presence?....Went MIA vs the CATS & did next to nothing in the GF but for a charity free kick & goal. We won it in spite of him, not because of him!....The 2012 GF we lost because of him & his lack of discipline, maturity & profligate ways with the most inept kicking for goal display I've seen on a football field for a very, very long time..... For a supposed champion, professional, full-time footballer, his loss of all confidence in even the most basic skill of the game still beggars belief every time I re-watch that Grand Final.....**** him, he's a scum-bag!

The thing that annoys me with Buddy is the way he is playing at the Swans. First time since 2008 that he is actually clunking marks and putting in real effort.

Lazy barstard could have been one of the all time greats and possibly Hawthorn's best ever player.

Now all I hope is we beat them in a Grand Final and he has to sit there and watch our boys collect their medals. I fantasise about Hodgey saying, 'Eat a diiiiiick Buddy, as he raises the Cup'.

People will boo him because it's the footy and we go to vent as well as support our team. I thought Burger was pretty classy with his comments but again, it's the footy and you can't expect polite applause. I have enjoyed reading that Pickering seems a little unhinged about Franklin giving him the bullet which is so funny given that Franklin is behaving exactly as Pickering would and probably learnt everything he knows from him. Wonder if Franklin met Pickering face to face to let him know or just sent him a text message. The funniest thing about it is that Pickering cut a massive deal with Sydney without any consideration of a fair trade for the club or even bothered to discuss or negotiate with the club whilst managing Clarkson at the same time. This would have been the dignified way to do it but alas it is not the way faceless men behave.

Well done to everyone at the ground who booed the traitor. How loud was it at the ground?

I saw one guy in the Hawks members, while Buddy kicked for goal, stand up and turn his back to the ground. Cannot understand that level of petulance.

I saw one guy in the Hawks members, while Buddy kicked for goal, stand up and turn his back to the ground. Cannot understand that level of petulance.

I can.

See Procrastinator35's post above for reasons why. I wish the entire crowd had done it. Buddy is an emotional fellow, and he clearly loved his time at Hawthorn, but the manner of his departure was pure dog, and if reminding him of it makes his aim at goals that little bit more shaky then I'm all for it.

When I thought he was going to GWS I swore I'd never boo him. When I found out the truth I swore I would, and boo I did. There was certainly quite a few in the members who did not, and I appreciate their view point too. He certainly brought a lot of enjoyment when wearing the brown and gold, but now he is gone - in what is perhaps one of the most treacherous footy departures I can recall - and while I can still marvel at what he can do on the field, he is no longer Hawthorn, and we should continue to remind him of that.http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/members/procrastinator35.140776/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back