Toasters openly admitting 92 & 94 were State teams

Remove this Banner Ad

What does pura cup have to do with what we are talking about?

State of origin means just that, players are given the honour of slection for the state in which they first played. As far as I know Judd was recruited from Sandringham and doesn't have the right to pull on a WA jumper.

It was in response to the questioning of players wearing the black and gold

perhaps you should research before looking like a chump next time

Either would be OK. But again, we have the option of drawing on our rich Fremantle football heritage.

Really

So Fremantle has no troubles drawing on its 'rich football history' since its a 'representative of the region'

Yet you get narky because the West Coast Eagles try to draw on WA's rich football history, despite it being formed to being a representative of the region

On behalf of West coast supporters everywhere i'd like to apologise, we were just trying to do a Fremantle.

Really

So Fremantle has no troubles drawing on its 'rich football history' since its a 'representative of the region'

Yet you get narky because the West Coast Eagles try to draw on WA's rich football history, despite it being formed to being a representative of the region

On behalf of West coast supporters everywhere i'd like to apologise, we were just trying to do a Fremantle.
And that post, for anyone just joining te thread, sums it up nicely.

What right does a player from Woodville-West Torrens have to pulling on an East Fremantle jumper?

East Fremantle may not be the state, but its still a club with proud histories and is gettings its history 'borrowed' by a club to slap on roughly 17-18 players who've never even played for the club.

Well they don't. I have a problem with either club poaching their heritage jumper from any club or state team or state of origin side. West Coast started in '86 and freo in '95 and both have had and still have players not of Western Australian or of WAFL origin. They are football clubs not state ambassadors.

It was in response to the questioning of players wearing the black and gold

perhaps you should research before looking like a chump next time

Yeah, the Warriors wear black and gold, what the shite do they have to do with state of origin footy?

West Coast started in '86 and freo in '95 and both have had and still have players not of Western Australian or of WAFL origin.
Yes, but neither were founded on nothing. They carried some heritage in as clubs.

Really

c'mon mate, give the dockers' supporters a break. their team's heritage is 1 wooden spoon and continual failure. so at least for 1 round, they might see their team wearing a jumper that is associated with success. ;)

And that post, for anyone just joining te thread, sums it up nicely.

As much as you may like to think so, you do not now and never have represented the State of WA. You are supposedly a football club. Called West Coast (has anyone shot whoever thought up that name yet?). Not Western Australia

We do represent Fremantle. We are Fremantle Football Club. We train at Fremantle Oval. We have a Hall of Fame that features football legends from the Fremantle clubs. We are an integral part of the port city of Fremantle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as you may like to think so, you do not now and never have represented the State of WA. You are supposedly a football club. Called West Coast (has anyone shot whoever thought up that name yet?). Not Western Australia

We do represent Fremantle. We are Fremantle Football Club. We train at Fremantle Oval. We have a Hall of Fame that features football legends from the Fremantle clubs. We are an integral part of the port city of Fremantle

It's amazing what our friend Wikipedia can dish up isn't it? from a link from wikipedia

http://www.fullpointsfooty.net/west_coast_(2).htm

On 30 October 1986 the club's name and colours together with the identities of the 32 players on the initial training list were unveiled at a glitzy ceremony at the Merlin Hotel in Perth. The name 'West Coast' was chosen to signify representation of the whole of Western Australia, not just Perth; the wedge-tailed eagle is the state's largest bird of prey, hence the 'eagle' emblem; and blue and gold were allegedly registered with the VFL as the new club's official colours just a matter of hours before West Coast's fellow debutants Brisbane endeavoured to do the same..

So in summary

We do/have represented WA. We are the West Coast Eagles. We train at Subiaco Oval, the home of WA football and play all our matches there as well. We are an integral part of the state of WA as its initial representative in the VFL/AFL.

Deal with it

It's amazing what our friend Wikipedia can dish up isn't it? from a link from wikipedia

http://www.fullpointsfooty.net/west_coast_(2).htm

So in summary

We do/have represented WA. We are the West Coast Eagles. We train at Subiaco Oval, the home of WA football and play all our matches there as well. We are an integral part of the state of WA as its initial representative in the VFL/AFL.

Deal with it

You are not Western Australia or representative of the State of Western Australia. You are a franchise with an American name.

Deal with it.

You are not Western Australia or representative of the State of Western Australia. You are a franchise with an American name.

Deal with it.

Who is saying we are?

West Coast was formed as a state team in the 80s to represent all of WA. As this heritage round goes back to the 70s, the Eagles have chosen a jumper which in the 70s, represented all of WA too.

Whats your problem with it? This squablling over heritage jumpers is so stupid. I wish the AFL would give the concept up after this year. :rolleyes:

Deal with it.

History states otherwise

Despite your bleatings it was proven not only we were formed as a representative of WA, we have the state's bird as part of our logo/emblem as well.

Face it, West Coast are/always have been representatives of WA, and all the fingers in your ears and screaming 'neah neah i'm not listening' from you isn't going to change a thing.

History states otherwise

Despite your bleatings it was proven not only we were formed as a representative of WA, we have the state's bird as part of our logo/emblem as well.

Face it, West Coast are/always have been representatives of WA, and all the fingers in your ears and screaming 'neah neah i'm not listening' from you isn't going to change a thing.

The black swan?

oi !!!

Leave our dignified and noble bird alone...freo already use our colours for heritage round and now the other mob want to use some sort of cheap hungry jacks chargrilled whopper version of the swan...whynot call yaselves the quokka's or quolls or bilby's or whatever that small fury animal is that people shoot on Rottnest Is.

Sort yaselves out then send us a memo...would prefer an original thought though this time...how about the "west coast iron ores"

For What it's Worth I don't think we should be wearing the state jumper.

But for a 70s theme, I don't know what we should wear.

Seems like it's more of a fancy dress ball than a football game.

Having said that, folks, it's just a football game, and it's just a jumper in the end. Hardly earth shattering stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toasters openly admitting 92 & 94 were State teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back